User Tag List

Thread: Angel

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: OldtypeM87

Angel

I'm just fairly new to the show and forum but have become hooked to the series. I know it's kinda an old topic or question but I felt like his death was really abrupt for the most part. It just seemed that for being a main character for the first two seasons, that his character being written off was a bummer. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same or had a different opinion of how his death was done between the end of season 2 to when he was killed?
    Likes Osiris liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldtypeM87 View Post
    I'm just fairly new to the show and forum but have become hooked to the series. I know it's kinda an old topic or question but I felt like his death was really abrupt for the most part. It just seemed that for being a main character for the first two seasons, that his character being written off was a bummer. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same or had a different opinion of how his death was done between the end of season 2 to when he was killed?
    I'm not sure I agree entirely with the idea that his death was abrupt. I mean, yeah, it was if you consider how it was handled in the episode, him not saying anything, the sounds of scribbling, and then BANG. But we sort of knew he was dead at the end of season two. His character had a decent arc--though I wouldn't say it resolved completely, at least as far as I'd like to have seen it resolve--and it was time to push the story forward. Really helped drive the idea home that nobody is safe. Not too long after, I recall thinking "That's totally a Joss Whedon moment."

I think it feels abrupt because nobody really wanted to see it coming.
    Likes DemetriusH liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Also, welcome! And I wouldn't worry too much about bringing up old shit, it's not like we're not apt to talk shit into the ground, only to keep digging.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I'm not sure I agree entirely with the idea that his death was abrupt. I mean, yeah, it was if you consider how it was handled in the episode, him not saying anything, the sounds of scribbling, and then BANG. But we sort of knew he was dead at the end of season two. His character had a decent arc--though I wouldn't say it resolved completely, at least as far as I'd like to have seen it resolve--and it was time to push the story forward. Really helped drive the idea home that nobody is safe. Not too long after, I recall thinking "That's totally a Joss Whedon moment."

I think it feels abrupt because nobody really wanted to see it coming.
    As a long time fan of both Whedon and George R. R. Martin, I took Angel's death as a "Yup, that just happened" kinda moment. In the WA Universe, there are no protected people or places. It's pretty real, me thinks.
    Last edited by scbubba; Feb 14th, 2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Likes Osiris liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I agree with the circumstances, but it does feel a bit rushed, but we know there were extenuating factors involved. Some days I wish it had been handled different, but isn't that true of death in general? We always wish we had more time or think there was something we could have done different.

"Lurker"

Status
    It sucked that Angel was killed off he was finally starting to be a beneficial part of the group. But i am glad that Burt is still alive.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Awint14 View Post
    It sucked that Angel was killed off he was finally starting to be a beneficial part of the group. But i am glad that Burt is still alive.
    Agreed. He joins the ranks of those taken before their time:

Kalani #ForeverSurfing
    Angel #IsThatAHotdog?Sweet!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Considering how Angel developed over the first two seasons his demise as kind of a shock to me in the first place. When I finished season #2 it was like: WTF? Angel, Burt, The Tower gone, Saul and Victor disconnected from the survivors ...
    And when Angel returned I just told to myself: What. An. Awesome. Shit. Is. That? Amazing. I didn't even felt sorry for him, but was very kinda proud of what situation he had to deal with and how he was finished. Ever since that particular moment I felt like sorry for having lost a cool character, but his death is ... don't know what words to use without exagerating ... his death is epic and heroic and suits the and his personal story well.

All the best!
    Liam
    Likes Lilydragon liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hi, I am also waiting for this season 2, If you know any best site where I can read rushmyessay.co.uk reviews, I need it urgently. If anyone here know where I can best site regarding this then please let me know.