User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are You Ready?

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: babybluex

Notebook Are You Ready?

A Question i ask myself and many of my friends often is if they would really be ready for a "Zombie Apocalypse".
    And for me i am totally ready.I have all kinds of ideas and strategies and other things that would do good
    to help survive in case of an outbreak!

If There was an outbreak that just started what would you do to survive? What would be the first thing you did? or Reaction? (start off like this then let's build off that )

I'll start it off.

the first thing i would do is find a weapon. my weapon of choice that would be available would be my 12 gauge, and for melee i gotta have a katana or machete. Then once i have a weapon i will fortify my house or wherever i may be as much as possible. Since the outbreak would have just started i would have to wait it out as long as i could before adventuring out when shit hits the fan. since everyone and everything will be in complete chaos that would be the best chance of surviving in the long run. all i got for now

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    A Question i ask myself and many of my friends often is if they would really be ready for a "Zombie Apocalypse".
    And for me i am totally ready.I have all kinds of ideas and strategies and other things that would do good
    to help survive in case of an outbreak!

If There was an outbreak that just started what would you do to survive? What would be the first thing you did? or Reaction? (start off like this then let's build off that )

I'll start it off.

the first thing i would do is find a weapon. my weapon of choice that would be available would be my 12 gauge, and for melee i gotta have a katana or machete. Then once i have a weapon i will fortify my house or wherever i may be as much as possible. Since the outbreak would have just started i would have to wait it out as long as i could before adventuring out when shit hits the fan. since everyone and everything will be in complete chaos that would be the best chance of surviving in the long run. all i got for now
    Good question. I don't consider myself a "prepper" (at least not a hard core one) but there are some things that I do in general. Like have firearms readily accessible when possible (including when I'm out of the house as the law may allow) and usually knowing where the exit options are.

I agree with getting somewhere fortified. I live in the 'Burbs so the upside is that it may not be as populated when it all goes down but the downside is that I'll be farther away from stuff once I do have to adventure out looking for supplies etc. (once I finish of what my neighbors left me that is....)

Any of the preppers in the forums got thoughts on what to do when it all goes down?
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

That's a good thing to do. Now that I think of it maybe I should not hold up my building or wherever I'm staying at for a period of time before searching and adventuring. It may be a better idea to looks for survivors and bring in people who may be an asset to surviving. because the more people the better chance of getting things done. Only one person can do so much on their own.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

My reaction when the zombies come.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post

My reaction when the zombies come.
    Purrr-fect, Mr Whiskers!
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hm, I think that the ability to adapt to various situations is more important than having a long term strategy. The basic question is what can you assume when Z-Day happens? Yeay, you have a gun, ammo enough food, a shelter. Sounds perfect, does it not? But what about the adrenaline pumping through your veins which inevitably causes you sleeplessness? The feeling of being alone out there. No matter how good you are prepared, no matter how mentally stable you are, surviving would simply depend on too many variables - or short: luck - that I would ever regard myself prepared for Z-Day.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Hm, I think that the ability to adapt to various situations is more important than having a long term strategy. The basic question is what can you assume when Z-Day happens? Yeay, you have a gun, ammo enough food, a shelter. Sounds perfect, does it not? But what about the adrenaline pumping through your veins which inevitably causes you sleeplessness? The feeling of being alone out there. No matter how good you are prepared, no matter how mentally stable you are, surviving would simply depend on too many variables - or short: luck - that I would ever regard myself prepared for Z-Day.
    yeah i guess your right i didn't think that much into depth about it.

"Lurker"

Status
    thats true but also you dont want to find to many people, because remember there is going to be no more food being made so you're going to have to find your food or grow it yourself. but it would be nice to have like 12 people around and that still seems like alot of people ? thats what i think

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by tskt4lent View Post
    thats true but also you dont want to find to many people, because remember there is going to be no more food being made so you're going to have to find your food or grow it yourself. but it would be nice to have like 12 people around and that still seems like alot of people ? thats what i think
    too many people would be bad having to worry about a lot. and plus you gotta worry about rebellion because of course people will disagree with some of the things that you are doing. and as for food that's when you gotta kick it old school and go out and hunt for some food. find a cattle ranch or something like that. as far as animals becoming infected i'm not entirely sure if it's possible but i guess we wouldn't know but from what i have seen they seem to be immune or just there is no mention of animals turning.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points

Gamertag: pinkstarmary
    I haven't really given it much thought. But if the Z-day does come I hope that I'm some what prepared. I live near some Lowes, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby (hey, they don't just have craft stuff in there). As for food, just like Spazz said, I'd have to kick it old school. I work near a Buddhist temple and they have some cows, I'd just have to learn how to smoke it to make it last longer. As for weapons, I'm not much of a shooter. I guess I'd get me some cans of hairspray and lighters and make some blow torches. Not only will they help with some of the zombies, they will also keep some people away too.. .. I'm not sure if I would go looking for survivors, I'm pretty much a loner. But I would help someone in need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast