User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Are the "loved" awards affected by reputation? If so, are they applied retroactively based on the old system?
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Are the "loved" awards affected by reputation? If so, are they applied retroactively based on the old system?
    Loved" awards are based ONLY on "Likes" not reputation. I have re-enabled the old reputation button for now. I'm not sure the "Like" system would negate the old one. Perhaps I leave both systems running? 2 rep points per like seems reasonable and would be used often.

My concern is our reputation scale is a bit large. Perhaps we should scale it back somewhat? Or at least give people a larger goal to reach. Thoughts?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I said it behind the scenes, but I'd be perfectly happy to rescale the rep. Back when we were only giving out 2-3 points per post, 1000 rep points seemed impossible to get to. Now that we unleashed the beast of REPPING POWER...maybe we can redo our level structure to accommodate the new power wielded.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I said it behind the scenes, but I'd be perfectly happy to rescale the rep. Back when we were only giving out 2-3 points per post, 1000 rep points seemed impossible to get to. Now that we unleashed the beast of REPPING POWER...maybe we can redo our level structure to accommodate the new power wielded.
    I agree. Perhaps the "liking " unscaled isn't a bad way to go if the scale was different.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I agree. Perhaps the "liking " unscaled isn't a bad way to go if the scale was different.
    I'll work on a scale on my way home from work. Top out around......Say.....5000?
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Loved" awards are based ONLY on "Likes" not reputation. I have re-enabled the old reputation button for now. I'm not sure the "Like" system would negate the old one. Perhaps I leave both systems running? 2 rep points per like seems reasonable and would be used often.

My concern is our reputation scale is a bit large. Perhaps we should scale it back somewhat? Or at least give people a larger goal to reach. Thoughts?
    It would be important to define both precisely. Right now it seems like the two blend together. The "beloved member" would seem to suggest someone who has built a reputation within the community, as opposed to someone who posts something funny that people "liked." Perhaps just combining the two, adjusting the levels at which awards are attained, and avoid the confusion of people understanding the definitions of each. I'd say keep the way the system works as far as regular rep goes (the bars) and use the awarded hearts for levels within (much like the old flower and star) for levels reached within.

x2 per like could end up bumping someone into the thousands quick enough that goals become attainable, but not common.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I'd blame me for that one.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I'd blame me for that one.
    I would be too, but we put hard limits on admins. That may go away moving forward.

In the here and now, I've expanded the rep scale to what may be a more realistic scale to today's forum. I've added a level too. So once we recalculate we're all going to lose green bars under our profile pics. Don't be alarmed.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I would be too, but we put hard limits on admins. That may go away moving forward.

In the here and now, I've expanded the rep scale to what may be a more realistic scale to today's forum. I've added a level too. So once we recalculate we're all going to lose green bars under our profile pics. Don't be alarmed.
    SWEET BABY JESUS ON FIRE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm ok with it.

Edit*

I just read your update in the "Rep Thread" over at the front desk. What I'm understanding from that is that rep is now based on likes. So is this retroactive with regards to the "loved" achievement, or is that still separate of the rep system. It's confusing.
    Last edited by Osiris; Feb 14th, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Unless that post is old.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast