User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Beaumont, CA. Down the freeway from the waterworks.
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell LikedVeteran

A year of We're Alive...

About a year ago I woke was jonesing for some good audio drama. I had heard the podcast Geek by Night, but after waiting for a while for a new episode, it was announced that the project was fully dead before even really finishing the first season. Needless to say I was saddened by this. I still am subscribed to their RSS feed in case they change their minds. but after two about two years without a new episode I felt like I needed something new.

Searching frantically through the internet I found some old Twilight Zone radio plays, but those could only last so long. After looking around the Zune Marketplace, I found something interesting, called We're Alive. It had 24 chapters and the last chapter said "This is it..." Assuming it was a fully completed adventure, I started listening. A few days later I notice something pop up on my RSS feed. No, it wasn't a new episode of Geek by Night, it was a new episode of We're Alive. I checked Chapter 24's description and failed to read before on the bottom where it said to come back for more. "Well, it's something. Hopefully it will have a conclusion sometime unlike Geek by Night" I thought to myself. A month later I joined the major fan-base and have listened ever since.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning I woke up and checked the forums. For the longest time I've been a night owl up to about 3 weeks ago, when I got sick and decided to take advantage of night-time flu medicine to change my internal alarm clock. Now I'm slowly becoming a morning person, but I digress. I look to see if there's any new comments on the remaster forums. It seems everything's approved with the two chapters I helped on, but KC needs some more volunteers for another chapter. I have nothing to do today so I volunteer. Shortly I get the download link, download the new chapter, and delete the two other chapters. After opening it with Audacity and taking notes for about half an hour, I take a break and browse Reddit and then check the forums again. A notification pops up.

Evidently I had a new reward. I take a look into it, and there it is. A year ago from today I joined this forum. In one year I went from a semi-fan to a volunteer for the cause as it were. I ponder on it a bit but continue my note taking after, stopping a bit for a nice homemade lunch of steamed rice with leftover roast. It was quite tasty. After a while I finished the notes and posted them on the remaster section of the forum.

A lot can happen in a year, but there are only three main points I make with this post.

1. Sometimes you should keep your eyes open and offer to help, especially when you have nothing else better to do.

2. Osiris is a freaking beast at finding stuff wrong with audio. Seriously, be careful with him.

3. It's been 4 years, 1 month, and 21 days since Geek By Night has come out with an actual episode. If anyone has any way of contacting Scott Sigler let him know that I'm mad as hell and probably am going to still take it because I'm not sure how I can't take it anymore. Seriously Scott, at least release the scripts or notes so we can find out what the heck happens next! You can't just stop a show during the start of an unexpected yet lovely romantic arc between two of the main characters as well as the cliffhanger on who one of the main characters fathers actually is, jeez...

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

This should have been turned into a blog. Not nearly enough bloggers left here.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Congrats on your 1 year!

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I was actually curious how I sign up to blog.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I was actually curious how I sign up to blog.
    NikVoodoo would be the one to ask for that.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    NikVoodoo would be the one to ask for that.
    Thank you!

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Thank you!
    Be ready with a pitch, perseverance and a winning smile.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

It also helps if you tell him he's pretty.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Beaumont, CA. Down the freeway from the waterworks.
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I would have but I don't think I could write often enough. This was just some thoughts I had today and felt like airing them out.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbros2002 View Post
    I would have but I don't think I could write often enough. This was just some thoughts I had today and felt like airing them out.
    The majority of the bloggers here now are sporadic--at best--with new materials, myself included.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

It also helps if you tell him he's pretty.
    Mh. That explains a lot. In my first weeks on this forum I actually addressed Nikvoodoo if he could consider myself as a new writer ... But my request never was attended. I think I smell ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast