User Tag List

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Exclamation New to the board and not sure where to start?

Note: The text in red isclickable!*

There's so many to choose from!

Hey boys and girls! Did you know that the We're Alive forum is filled with endless threads about rats, Tommy, Shirley, and Inglewood? There's also a lot of threads about hardwood floors, taxidermy, and bingo! But the We're Alive forums is more than just episode discussions, and theories about who shot first, Han or Greedo--is that even relevant any longer--it's also a support group for those long stretches between seasons! It's an extension of the We're Alive universe in more ways than one. The WAniverse? The We're Aliverse? WArld? Open to suggestions here people.

Writings!

Not only are there discussion threads about your favourite, and least favourite characters, but there's also a butt-load of
    Fan Fiction! That's right, fans of the show have been hard at work expanding the WAniverse in the only way they can: the written word. Oh, but they don't stop at prosaic narrative about a dwindling populace and disintegrating civilization! No some members feverishly blog about the show as they experience it! You heard me! There are reams of paper--not actual paper--devoted to all things zombie, horror, survival, and on and on! Drop in and get involved!

Artwork!

But that's not all! There's also an ever-growing collection of
    Fan Art! There are some amazing artists in the WArld--yeah that one really doesn't work--that have contributed some equally amazing artwork. Are you an artist? Draw, paint, or sculpt something to share with us! We'd love to see it! There's so much to look at! there are amazing digital artists populating the forums, but if you're paying attention you'll notice that the creativity doesn't stop with fans! One of the most beloved cast members is more than just a voice. I'll let you discover who all on your own.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg! There's so many to choose from! There's so much to read, and so much to see! There's even free cake! In those quiet moments between clicks, keep the WArld turning and join in! Your voice helps the community grow! There's so many to choose from! Don't forget to take full advantage of the reputation system! Show your fellow board members some love when you come across a post that makes you laugh or cry or tinkle with excitement!

But how do I do that?

I'm glad you asked! Here's a couple of pictures to illustrate my answer.

Remember, we're all here for the same reason, we love the show. We're all fans, and we're all people--often strongly opinionated people. It isn't always going to be rainbows and lollipops, but if we all agreed on everything we'd get bored fast. Keep it real, kids!

*This is not true of every thread. Most clickable links are this color
    Last edited by Osiris; Feb 3rd, 2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Likes Litmaster, turbo liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint