User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outsourced!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    I was thinking about becoming a paralegal when I grow up. I love the legal stuff and I love research, so I think it could be a good fit. My last position before what I'm doing now was as a Freight Claims Analyst. I got to look at transportation contracts, and fight with transportation companies for money. I loved it until it was dumbed down so much that all I was sending out anymore was form letters to fight a claim.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

A paralegal? Sweet.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    What a fucking joke. I know there are a few companies in Canada that outsource everything to India. I get phone calls from my cellular service provider from people who can't speak English. I don't understand their logic beyond the greed factor. There's no reason to send a job that a Canadian can do to someone in another country when that job is to deal with the public of an English speaking country. Seriously. I can't honestly count how many times I've had to ask for a supervisor, and then another, and then another until I was able to understand the person on the other end of the line. Fuck outsourcing. The unemployment rates are too fucking high in our own countries. Fucking shitballs, that gave me a wicked headache just thinking about how much it pisses me off.

P.S. I would feel the same dealing with anyone with a strong enough accent to impede my ability to understand them.
    Corporatism and Capitalism.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    This is really bad news. Ironically, those who are responsible for the decision, the upper management, will never be outsourced themselves.
    Upper management always has a hierarchical monopoly on power both in and outside of the work place. If they did't they would actually have to treat their employees like human beings.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorHiro View Post
    Upper management always has a hierarchical monopoly on power both in and outside of the work place. If they did't they would actually have to treat their employees like human beings.
    that's such a load. everyone screams about management exploiting the workers, but it goes both ways. if an employer doesn't do basic things and pay his employees a wage comparable to the job, he won't have employees, likewise the worker tries to get as much as possible out of his employer for compensation. it's a give and take, a balancing act, and the only places workers are exploited unfairly is where there is no free market and people are not free to move around as they please.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I'm still rolling on floor after reading "the government is right there to help when you need a hand once your job is gone." That has to be the funniest thing I've ever read.
    It would be far more accurate to say "the government is right there to make you think they actually give a fuck about you."

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    that's such a load. everyone screams about management exploiting the workers, but it goes both ways. if an employer doesn't do basic things and pay his employees a wage comparable to the job, he won't have employees, likewise the worker tries to get as much as possible out of his employer for compensation. it's a give and take, a balancing act, and the only places workers are exploited unfairly is where there is no free market and people are not free to move around as they please.
    There is nothing "balancing" about having 1 person or a small group of people act like people's lives are nothing but a numbers game. And workers (depending on your definition of "exploited") are exploited at any place of work that isn't equal.
    Last edited by HorrorHiro; Feb 7th, 2013 at 07:27 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    there's no numbers game except for balancing the check book. which is hard to do when the government keeps taking more and more of the money you make and essentially forces you to outsource your company just to stay in business.

and how exactly do you define equal? i define exploited as not receiving just compensation for your time and efforts. and here, no one forces you to take a job that is ill befitting of your talents and skills, so if you take a job flipping burgers for $5.00 an hour, you are saying that your time is worth $5.00 an hour. if you feel your time is worth more, get a different job, that's the beauty of a free market system.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    there's no numbers game except for balancing the check book. which is hard to do when the government keeps taking more and more of the money you make and essentially forces you to outsource your company just to stay in business.

and how exactly do you define equal? i define exploited as not receiving just compensation for your time and efforts. and here, no one forces you to take a job that is ill befitting of your talents and skills, so if you take a job flipping burgers for $5.00 an hour, you are saying that your time is worth $5.00 an hour. if you feel your time is worth more, get a different job, that's the beauty of a free market system.
    The company I work for went over budget on a new finance system that hasn't worked right from the beginning, and a few years ago they went over budget building a new office building. For years they told us we were best in class in what we did, but when they came to tell us we were losing our jobs they said that the business that is taking over our jobs has the tools that make THEM best in class. We felt like we were lied to all those years. The same day we found out we were losing our jobs a news artical came out stating that our CEO was to receive an $11 million bonus! Today I received a letter from our unemployment benefits office stating that I qualify for TAA and unemployment benefits. I'm just ready for it all to be over.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilydragon View Post
    The company I work for went over budget on a new finance system that hasn't worked right from the beginning, and a few years ago they went over budget building a new office building. For years they told us we were best in class in what we did, but when they came to tell us we were losing our jobs they said that the business that is taking over our jobs has the tools that make THEM best in class. We felt like we were lied to all those years. The same day we found out we were losing our jobs a news artical came out stating that our CEO was to receive an $11 million bonus! Today I received a letter from our unemployment benefits office stating that I qualify for TAA and unemployment benefits. I'm just ready for it all to be over.
    i'm not at all saying that there aren't companies out there aren't people running some of these companies who are only out to make that almighty dollar, and i cancertainly see from your point how you could feel burned like an ant under a magnifying glass, but at the same time there are companies that have done everything they could to keep their people gamefully employed but simply come down to move out or shut down. now does this mean i think a ceo should get a $50 bonus, let alone $11 million, for sending their company over seas? absolutely not. i know this doesn't take the sting out of your situation, but there is hope, there are people in charge of companies who genuinely care about their employees. it's a crap shoot trying to find one, but they're out there. i wish you the best of luck finding one of these compasionate caring individuals.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast