User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Beaumont, CA. Down the freeway from the waterworks.
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    19:48 Victor and Saul approaching school house (?) it sounds as if one of them is running on pavement and the other is walking through tall, dry grass. Could be fabric rubbing, but it doesn't match with the tempo of the footfalls.
    Just gave it a second listen. Sounds a whole lot like fabric rubbing together. Considering they may be carrying stuff as well, it's probably the case.

21:55 - 36:49 Ok, the footfalls through this entire section inside the school are so undefined and random. The majority of them could be pops, it's so hard to tell. Maybe eliminate a good 60% of the foot movement from the scene. It's really busy.
    Some of it could probably be whatever is outside, so maybe lower the volume on the foot steps. Much of it though I can see due to panic of everyone trying to figure out what to do with the zombie almost breaching.

All that being said, a freaking miniature round of applause to Osiris for being a beast at this QC work. It's not good enough to let Scratch live in my opinion, but damn it's good.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbros2002 View Post
    Just gave it a second listen. Sounds a whole lot like fabric rubbing together. Considering they may be carrying stuff as well, it's probably the case.

Some of it could probably be whatever is outside, so maybe lower the volume on the foot steps. Much of it though I can see due to panic of everyone trying to figure out what to do with the zombie almost breaching.
    I thought that's what it was too, at first . . . but the more the scene played out the more it feels as if the actions aren't matching how relaxed most of the dialogue sounds. I considered that it might be they're all sort of pacing around the space, but after a few moments it just starts sounding like a muddled mess of movement.

All that being said, a freaking miniature round of applause to Osiris for being a beast at this QC work. It's not good enough to let Scratch live in my opinion, but damn it's good.
    Awww! Cheers, mate. +1 for you, sir.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    I'm amazed I heard nothing. I must suck at qc.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    14:58
    15:24
    15:40
    15:45
    20:05
    20:08
    21:47
    22:12-22:22 (mainly with some of the bangs. possibly miscalculated)
    22:26-22:32 (same as above)
    22:38-22:43 (same as above again, but some of it could be the yelling)
    39:00
    39:08

------------------------------
    Here's my clip detection readings. I know some may be miscalculations but that's just what I got from my software. I removed the ones that didn't read on both Audacity and REAPER. I wasn't able to hear anything else out of place on this chapter. If there's anything else let me know. If not, I'll have the file deleted by after dinner tonight.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    It depends on what you're listening through. I try different sources when I catch something and don't report it unless I notice on more than one source. Also helps if you listen at a fairly high volume. Think of it like going to a movie theater . . . big sound.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    Don't feel bad. It takes lots of practice and patience to have the attention to detail. The fact that you were able to point one or two things out and even just offer to do so is enough.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

It can be tricky trying to separate what is a pop or click from the mastering process and what is a pop or a click from inside of an actor's mouth. Tongues and saliva can play tricks on your mind. A rattle that shouldn't be there could be the actor's lungs or throat. A distant whine can be a nasal passage. It can be so hard to tell.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

It can be tricky trying to separate what is a pop or click from the mastering process and what is a pop or a click from inside of an actor's mouth. Tongues and saliva can play tricks on your mind. A rattle that shouldn't be there could be the actor's lungs or throat. A distant whine can be a nasal passage. It can be so hard to tell.
    I've got an ear that can pick up and be the only one irritated in the room when a streaming program does that minor slow down of the audio to compensate for bandwidth. I sit all day and over analyze every damn sample and noise in a house/electro/dubstep track while i drive.

I'd like to see a list of which suggestions counted and needed fixing (but only so i can go back and relisten to the parts to see if i could hear it)

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbros2002 View Post
    Don't feel bad. It takes lots of practice and patience to have the attention to detail. The fact that you were able to point one or two things out and even just offer to do so is enough.
    When it came to season one's podcast (pre-remastering and pre skittles actor change) i could hear things. One big one that always stuck out at me, was the first meeting w/ Bill. The shotgun sounded off, and his voice just sounded like it was being played thru a pillow (but in the remaster, soooooooooooooooooo much better, feels right).

As i listened to chap 30 and 27, i listened w/ eyes closed, no distractions, just listening for anything. But every noise, sound, background, just fit the scene and didn't alert me at all.

Oh well. I tried.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    1:57/58 Slight pops.
    18:27/28 Feint pops.
    19:48 Victor and Saul approaching school house (?) it sounds as if one of them is running on pavement and the other is walking through tall, dry grass. Could be fabric rubbing, but it doesn't match with the tempo of the footfalls.
    20:00 - 22:45 The low end through this whole section feels a little too present. It's almost at the piont of being overpowering.
    21:55 - 36:49 Ok, the footfalls through this entire section inside the school are so undefined and random. The majority of them could be pops, it's so hard to tell. Maybe eliminate a good 60% of the foot movement from the scene. It's really busy.
    25:07 Pete's dialogue sounds really poppy. He was probably a little hot on the mic. Don't think you can do much to clean that up.
    28:14/15 Pete's a little poppy again on the P's.
    28:23 Bass heavy "told."
    29:29 Pete's dialogue is a little bassy and poppy.
    39:35 Pete's dialogue is a little bassy again.
    42:19 Slight distortion in the music cue. Could be intentional.
    43:46/48 sounds a bit poppy.
    43:17 to 51:43 The whole section feels dry, sounds like the mids are a little on the scooped side, and as it gets closer to the end there is more and more distortion and fuzz in the dialogue Might be a product of the conversion process, but it might not be.
    46:57 Saul, Victor and CJ's dialogue distorts pretty heavily from here to the end of the episode. They get really fuzzy on the S's and T's.

Sweet, ok fixed a few of these. A lot of Pete's stuff isn't the best because, well, Greg uses a different studio than us. It's hard to get them to match perfectly. Nice work everyone! Changes implemented. I did this one last.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast