User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Zombie Get fit and have fun? Also, Zombies!

Recently stumbled across a "game" called Zombies, Run!

Anyone seen and/or tried this? It looks like a way to make running more entertaining by including the concept of surviving Z-Day in with your run. The main game/app has several missions that include collecting items (not real ones, I believe), escaping from zombies by sprinting (interval training I guess), and some other activities.

It looks a bit pricey for what it is but if it could kick my lazy butt in gear and get me back to running again, it just might be the right thing....

Here's the link to their main page: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    yeah, it plays your music, and then drops bits of story between the song. the voice acting is pretty good, the "game" is pretty good (fairly frequently as you run it a little pop up will tell you that you've collected an item) with the goal being to get a high score. the whole british thing throws me a bit, being a red blooded American, so there are some cultural references that i just don't get (but then, there are some American cultural references that i don't get so maybe it's me). over all, if you actually use it, it is well worth the money. i use my zombie dubstep playlist to run. dubstep is the soundtrack of the zombie apocalypse. i recommend Vaski.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points

Gamertag: pinkstarmary
    I actually downloaded the trial for it. It's starts off with a story, then your music, then back to the story. The game part is you building up your base by collecting items along your route(they're giving to you automatically after you finish your run). So far I like what I've heard, but haven't been able to use it. The weather here has been to wet and cold for me to go running. I know that ITunes has it for 3.99, windows has it for 1.99 right now. I guess it's on special cause when I got it, it was 7.99. I should of waited.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Thanks, reaper and pinkstarmary! Good feedback. I didn't check the app store to see prices there, just the ones on their web site. If it can be had for under $4, I'll probably get it....

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I remember the first version back in the days when the first android-phones were available. And I used to play it. Back then it had less features. You could only choose between various types of zeehs - like the slow ones or 28-day-zeehs - and I think you could also choose something like "how many" zeehs were supposed to show up.

Yet, about three years ago I stopped using my smartphone, thus I have no idea how things evolved. But I like what I see here with all the new features along.

edit: but maybe I wrote about a different game. not sure ... But the title - it's the same, or almost the same ...
    http://zombie-run.softonic.de/android

So yes, it is a different game ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i remember aproximately enough german to know that it says something about bringing real horror to your handy, and somthing about a horde... yeah...

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Ah, Sorry. My fault. Let me translate the whole article for you:

Fleeing the Zombies!
    by Wolfgang Harbauer

Zombie Run! brings real horror on your phone. With GPS and Google Maps the freeware locates the player and starts a horde of virtual zombies hunting the victim. You may escape only by fleeing from the army of zombies.

When you start Zombie Run!, tha game activates your GPS. The game shows the player's location in Google Maps, and with your finger you mark your destination. Then numerous green zombies show up on the display. The player must reach his destination without touching the brain-eaters. If you happen to establish line of sight with a zombie, the undead turns red and starts moving towards the player. If It is too close, the game is over.

The game offers a variety of options: You decide the masses of zombies with "controlled outbreak", "early local spreading", "advanced outbreak", and "uncontrolled pandemic". The different modes of speed of the raised dead in Zombie Run! are named by the movies of "Night of the Living Dead", "Resident Evil", or "28 Days Later".

Bottomline:
    The concept of the game is called augmented reality - extended reality. The combination of virtual zombies and real escape routes is very fancy and leads to excitement and goose skin. Because you need to use GPS you may only play the game on the outside.

The game should be available in English as well ... http://zombie-run.en.softonic.com/android; but there is no review or description available ...

Advantages:
    original game-concept
    combination of game and reality

Disadvantages:
    zombies move through buildings
    playable only on the outside
    I hope that helps; and I hope I did not butcher English too much ... Am not in the translators' lodge ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post

I hope that helps; and I hope I did not butcher English too much ... Am not in the translators' lodge ...

All the best!
    Liam
    wow dude, i was joking, but hey, good job anyway.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

All the best!
    Liam
    Actually sounds pretty awesome... If executed correctly... Might have to think about how to program something like that. Been thinking about a mobile app project for a little while now.

Hmmm.....

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

All the best!
    Liam
    We butcher the English language here constantly. Don't worry about your English. It's just fine.
    Likes runs4theheckofit liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast