User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage!!!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    wow dude, way to do exactly what you accused him of. did you actually read the op?

his exact views on gay marriage are highlighted above. notice a distinct lack of "religious nonsense," just a personal view which he is distinctly unwilling to push or force on anyone else. now while we may assume it is based on religious values based on his understanding of the religious institution of marriage, he doesn't come close to throwing around scripture. the entire rest of the post has nothing to do with gay marriage, and is entirely based on, what looks to me like, a misunderstanding on the difference between the legal institution of marriage and the religious one. what i see in your post is an attack on someone who used a hot button topic to pose a question, not a debate on the topic itself. what i see in your response is that you essentially accuse him of being un-civil, and ignorant.

stock-photo-166964-hammer-and-nail.jpg
    Meaning: Full acknowledgement. You nailed it!
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Jan 4th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    I didn't mean it at all as an attack. I always prefer to take preventative measures and that is exactly how I felt when I wrote that. Sure, it may have been unnecessary, as I'm certain the vast majority of people are extremely civil, but I wanted to make sure I had a warning out there before anything exploded.

It is meant for both sides, the whole "you" paragraph was a general 'you'. Religious debate tends to become heated very quickly.

I will also admit that it was 3 am when I posted that, I wasn't exactly tired but not at my most attentive. If I offended Ordinary12, or anyone for that matter, I sincerely apologize.
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Jan 4th, 2013 at 07:57 AM.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    I didn't mean it at all as an attack. I always prefer to take preventative measures and that is exactly how I felt when I wrote that. Sure, it may have been unnecessary, as I'm certain the vast majority of people are extremely civil, but I wanted to make sure I had a warning out there before anything exploded.

It is meant for both sides, the whole "you" paragraph was a general 'you'. Religious debate tends to become heated very quickly.

I will also admit that it 3 am when I posted that, I wasn't exactly tired but not at my most attentive. If I offended Ordinary12, or anyone for that matter, I sincerely apologize.
    well i don't presume to speak for ordinary people (see what i did there? ordinary?) but i'll say this, you're good with me. your original post came across as an attack at ordinary, and that bothered me. let me say this too, if i ever come across like that (attacking and kind of dickish), i hope you will have the decency to call me on it and bust my balls for it. what's wrong is wrong and what's right is right.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    I'm fairly certain that the vocal majority of people in this forum are Atheistic, or at least very non-religious, and are supporters of gay rights. I fall within both of these groups.

You will very quickly destroy any respect you have here if you cannot be civil and at least debate, rather than angrily spout religious nonsense. If you wish to start this debate, be very prepared and intelligent. If not, please, leave it alone.
    Was that comment directed at me? How was I not civil? How was I angry and spouting religious nonsense? If you actually read the body of my first post you will see that I'm only offering a solution that I think will fix several problems. I never said one hateful thing. My solution was to simply remove government from marriage altogether because I believe it has nothing to do with them.

Now I'm very curious to know why you thought I was being hateful. Was it just because I said I didn't agree with gay marriage? Do you consider that to be hateful? LOL!!! I challenge any of you to show where I said one negative thing about gay marriage in my original post. I only said I didn't agree with it...and then I went further to admit it's not up to me. After that point was made I only offered my opinion that this problem shouldn't even exist because if you could find someone willing to marry you then so be it. LOL!!! My original post was more about removing government from our lives than gay marriage.

I hope the next few comments will consist of more than belligerent ramblings. LOL!!!

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary12 View Post
    Was that comment directed at me? How was I not civil? How was I angry and spouting religious nonsense? If you actually read the body of my first post you will see that I'm only offering a solution that I think will fix several problems. I never said one hateful thing. My solution was to simply remove government from marriage altogether because I believe it has nothing to do with them.

Now I'm very curious to know why you thought I was being hateful. Was it just because I said I didn't agree with gay marriage? Do you consider that to be hateful? LOL!!! I challenge any of you to show where I said one negative thing about gay marriage in my original post. I only said I didn't agree with it...and then I went further to admit it's not up to me. After that point was made I only offered my opinion that this problem shouldn't even exist because if you could find someone willing to marry you then so be it. LOL!!! My original post was more about removing government from our lives than gay marriage.

I hope the next few comments will consist of more than belligerent ramblings. LOL!!!
    I was already berated for this post and have explained my reasoning.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

@Ordinary12: Have you actually read any other comment then what Wicked Sid wrote in his first posting, which he apologized for on his second posting?
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    @Ordinary12: Have you actually read any other comment then what Wicked Sid wrote in his first posting, which he apologized for on his second posting?
    Sorry guys!!! LOL!!! I didn't refresh my browser to catch the new comment. Just disreguard the prior post. You guys write really fast! LOL!!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

It's cool.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    well i don't presume to speak for ordinary people (see what i did there? ordinary?) but i'll say this, you're good with me. your original post came across as an attack at ordinary, and that bothered me. let me say this too, if i ever come across like that (attacking and kind of dickish), i hope you will have the decency to call me on it and bust my balls for it. what's wrong is wrong and what's right is right.
    I did see that. LOL!!! Very nice!!! Perhaps people will think of me when ever they use the word "ordinary" from now on.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: Darkpa55enger42
    Let's hug it out, with our shirts off, and baby oil...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast