User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage!!!

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Pin Gay Marriage!!!

This may, or may not, have anything to do with "We're Alive"
    SPOILER 
    the question of marriage may come into play one day. I know this topic can get very heated very quickly but I still want to put my two cents in and listen to the different perspectives of the residents of the tower. I personally don't think gay marriage is right but its not up to me to make that decision. I believe that decision falls to the religious institution performing the marriage. If you can find a priest, preacher, or holly man that's willing to marry you then so be it...but...I also believe in the sepration of church and state. That being said...I have never understood why the government is involved in the religious institution of marriage any way. Marriage is a religious bonding of two people...no matter what religion you follow or not. If you say vows and mention a deity of some sort that you believe is witnessing your marriage then it qualifies as a religious rite. So why does the government say that you're not married if you don't file your marriage with them? Some people may say that its about recieving tax breaks and other priviledges offered by the government if they are married. And again...I say why is the government getting involved at all? I believe that a flat tax would solve the whole problem. That way no one is shown any special treatment for marriage or anything else and the government can remove itself from the instituion of mariage all together.

What say you?
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Jan 3rd, 2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Added spoiler tags. Dont spoil story points in spoiler free areas of the forum. By the by, you assume it's been confirmed. It never was.

I'm not weighing in on this one. You can assume what I'm going to say if you wish.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Added spoiler tags. Dont spoil story points in spoiler free areas of the forum. By the by, you assume it's been confirmed. It never was.

I'm not weighing in on this one. You can assume what I'm going to say if you wish.

Okay...I just assumed that it was confirmed already.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary12 View Post
    Okay...I just assumed that it was confirmed already.
    Nopers. It was widely speculated, but never confirmed.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    oh my I figure out what century ordinary12 is from
    Last edited by werewolf; Jan 3rd, 2013 at 09:12 PM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I don't even know where to begin with this.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I don't even know where to begin with this.
    I'm having trouble wrapping my vodka polluted brain around his initial post. If you're having trouble ... God help the rest of us.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Come on guys!!! Did you actually read my initial post...or are you just attacking the subject line? I gave you the topic, my opinion on it, and a possible solution to it. At least read past the first two lines before you attack me. What's wrong with keeping the government out of marriage?

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SPOILER 
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Jan 4th, 2013 at 04:06 AM.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    I'm fairly certain that the vocal majority of people in this forum are Atheistic, or at least very non-religious, and are supporters of gay rights. I fall within both of these groups.

You will very quickly destroy any respect you have here if you cannot be civil and at least debate, rather than angrily spout religious nonsense. If you wish to start this debate, be very prepared and intelligent. If not, please, leave it alone.
    Last edited by Wicked Sid; Jan 4th, 2013 at 12:10 AM.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast