User Tag List

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Forum Hack Update-

The Database has been restored to last night at midnight. I'm not sure how this one got through, but it's back to normal. We believe no accounts were compromised, only some of the database files and such. In plain, just people being assholes.

That being said, as a security precaution I have revoked ALL admin access except for Nikvoodoo and myself. Everyone got bumped down to moderator for security reasons. Someone who had access via admin could have gotten into the system and made changes there.

SO, that being said we'll turn access on for those most likely in a couple days. Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity. We have safety measures in place and I activated both so our downtime was minimal. Sorry to anyone who lost posts over the last day, there's only one way to be safe.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    The Database has been restored to last night at midnight. I'm not sure how this one got through, but it's back to normal. We believe no accounts were compromised, only some of the database files and such. In plain, just people being assholes.

That being said, as a security precaution I have revoked ALL admin access except for Nikvoodoo and myself. Everyone got bumped down to moderator for security reasons. Someone who had access via admin could have gotten into the system and made changes there.

SO, that being said we'll turn access on for those most likely in a couple days. Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity. We have safety measures in place and I activated both so our downtime was minimal. Sorry to anyone who lost posts over the last day, there's only one way to be safe.
    Sorry to learn about a hack on this site. Will change my password although you stated that member-data probably was not comrpomsied.

Man, what's wrong in this world? What's the sport behind this? The official Traveller forum suffers from constant attacks by SPAM-bots; here I learn about a hack; and considering the huge number of doubtful forum-registrations I guess SPAM is an issue to some degree as well ...

Anyway: Good to read that you care.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Thank you werewolf for getting a hold of me to know!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Sorry to learn about a hack on this site. Will change my password although you stated that member-data probably was not comrpomsied.

Man, what's wrong in this world? What's the sport behind this? The official Traveller forum suffers from constant attacks by SPAM-bots; here I learn about a hack; and considering the huge number of doubtful forum-registrations I guess SPAM is an issue to some degree as well ...

Anyway: Good to read that you care.

All the best!
    Liam
    Yeah, no forum is unhackable, honestly. This was a much more deliberate attempt. Thankfully we had a very large trail of backups and safety measures. I'm downloading the backup of the hacked content to try and wade through it to see what went wrong, but I can't really obsess over it.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hm, I wonder how miserable someone's life has to be to consider hacking a cool, entertaining website like WA. That poor sucker.

So, new password then...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't think people need to change their passwords, but if you feel safer, then by all means. That stuff is encrypted.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    i don't know much about this, but i believe this forum is hosted by Go-Daddy is it not? if that is true then any down time and such that was caused late last year i actually know to be caused by the hacking group Anonymous, i follow them on Facebook and nothing else just to basically see what they do and what they ramble on about, i saw they posted last year about a DDoS attack on the go-daddy website because they were in support is CISPA and SOPA and things like that, incidently i tried to get onto the WA forums and well i couldn't so i went on facebook to report the problem to the WA facebook page to see they were already on the case and then looking through my news feed i see Anonymous had hit go daddy with a DDoS attack.

i'm not sure if this helps any i'm just sharing what i know.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post
    i don't know much about this, but i believe this forum is hosted by Go-Daddy is it not? if that is true then any down time and such that was caused late last year i actually know to be caused by the hacking group Anonymous, i follow them on Facebook and nothing else just to basically see what they do and what they ramble on about, i saw they posted last year about a DDoS attack on the go-daddy website because they were in support is CISPA and SOPA and things like that, incidently i tried to get onto the WA forums and well i couldn't so i went on facebook to report the problem to the WA facebook page to see they were already on the case and then looking through my news feed i see Anonymous had hit go daddy with a DDoS attack.

i'm not sure if this helps any i'm just sharing what i know.
    Naw, that's not the same, but thanks for the heads up. We got a nice renewal discount because of that.