User Tag List

"Lurker"

Status

Favorite Resident Evil Game?

What's everybody's favorite Resident Evil game?

Before I say which is my favorite, I would like to say that in general I prefer the newer ones in the series..... Meaning the 3rd-person-shooter-view (4, 5, 6), rather than the older games with the fixed-camera-angles and puzzle based gameplay (1, 2, 3, veronica). Nothing is wrong with the older ones, in fact I usually prefer puzzle-based games rather than action games, but that's just my preference.

The newer ones are a little bit TOO action based in fact in my opinion, which is why I consider Resident Evil 4 to be the best in the series. It was a cross between the 2 different styles.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    definitely the first, that scared me so bad, when i hit my first zombie i had to stop plying it for a month. granted, i was like ten when i first played it, but still. good times.

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    2 was great, with the two back to back stories to see what happened on both sides. Plus the level of things to do was great.

"Lurker"

Status
    Yea 2 was definitely my favorite out of the older games with the fixed camera angle. But the mercenaries mode from 4 and 5??? Takes the cake!!!

I also like the "Chronicles" series on the Wii (Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles)

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Would have to say my favorite RE game is RE3 for the fact that of all of the RE games 3 is the only one to still have me jump out of my skin and it made the game unpredictable to me that is why it is my favorite and the dodge system is (to me) a more rewarding mechanic.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: hardrocknguy PSN ID: hardrocknguy Steam ID: hardrocknguy Raptr ID: hardrocknguy
    Resident Evil 2. One of the first games I played on the original PlayStation, and the game that got me to start playing videogames again. I consider it to be one of my favorite games of all time.

Honestly, I'm not that much of a fan of the newer Resident Evil games. I don't like that they've strayed so far from the horror aspect of the original games in favor for action. RE5 wasn't that good in my opinion, and RE6 was more frustrating than anything.

Minimalist

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: abayarts Wii Code: abayarts
    Resident Evil 1 remake for the Gamecube. Even though I played the original on PSone, the remake felt the same but the art direction looked great. Still love the old FMV from RE1 on PS.
    Follow me on twitter @ abayarts and on Tumblr at abayarts.tumblr.com