User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Hummer The season 4 break.

During the break before the upcoming season 4 I have decided to re-listen to all of the We're Alive Podcasts seasons 1-3. When you listen to the episodes back to back the show has an entirely different feel. Less Radio Drama and more High Production Audio Book. It has a really great feel. Additionally you pick up on many of the runinng jokes in the show; like for example someone saying "He didn't see that one coming" after shooting a Zombie in the eye, or someone saying "Gloves in the Golovebox" and then laughing at thier own joke. I also just realized that there are/were other female mallers besides Scratch. It's also interesting to hear Kalanhi's responses to various questions and situations (and then sit back and think to yourself "how did I miss that he was the traitor?!?!". Also hearing the changes in the advertising and introduction music is also really interesting.
    Likes Aerock liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Sums it up and is a good appeal for everyone - especially the ones having listened to it just one or two times. There is plenty of great detail-work in WA making it worth listening to it several times.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I somehow miss the fishbowl ads from the early episodes.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Drannix99, good call. I've gone through the seasons about 3 times now and just about every time I pick up something I didn't get the previous times: jokes, comments, sound design/effects. All good stuff.

The best was definitely the second time I listened to it cuz knowing about stuff from later episodes made it a whole different experience with the early episodes. Very cool.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Too often I find myself listening to individual episodes in order to listen for clues or track a story thread. Yet, nothing beats listening to the entire series from 1 to 3, in order and just enjoying it all together. The difference between the two is like going to an exciting locale and taking lots of pictures vs going to the same locale and just enjoying the sights.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    I think I have heard other female mallers, but those were likely stragglers they picked up who were either tough enough to be considered maller-worthy or maybe people's sisters or girlfriends or something that they rescued. I think there's only one though from memory - some girl in the convoy who probably got killed anyway.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

I didn't find this series until the middle of last year so my only way of really listening to it was the whole thing. I actually discovered near the end of last season after I'd gotten caught up that I didn't like listening one week at a time. I had no idea that the breaks were as long as they apparently are and I don't care for it so I don't think I'll listen again when it resumes. It's easier for me to treat the last episode as the end than to be strung out and hear it in drips and drabs.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ginja View Post
    I didn't find this series until the middle of last year so my only way of really listening to it was the whole thing. I actually discovered near the end of last season after I'd gotten caught up that I didn't like listening one week at a time. I had no idea that the breaks were as long as they apparently are and I don't care for it so I don't think I'll listen again when it resumes. It's easier for me to treat the last episode as the end than to be strung out and hear it in drips and drabs.
    Not sure what to think of this.
    The weekly released episodes is kind of cool, 'cause each episodes offers plenty of stuff to talk about it. Just heck the discussion area on this forum thoroughly. And in my humble opinion this adds a certain level of "getting involved" with the show, which a standard audio-drama or audio-book (like WWZ) lacks.
    And the big gaps between each season ... Well, you know: WA is a podcast with a huge cast and crew ... And most of them have a real life beyond the WA-universe and -production. Considering this I really have no trouble waiting for the next season to come. And in this meantime I have the awesome and incredible opportunity to re-listen to the show a couple of times. My experience with that is that you recognize many, many things on the show that simply slipped your attention when you listened to it the first time. Therefore re-listening to it is a total win-win-situation - you learn more about the show and you close the gap between the last and the next release date no matter how much time falls inbetween.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Well said Liam. I agree, the huge gaps are a great way to really appreciate the podcast. Being able to stay connected with everyone on here and keep conversations going strong is fantastic. You don't get that with a lot of podcasts.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Sums it up and is a good appeal for everyone - especially the ones having listened to it just one or two times. There is plenty of great detail-work in WA making it worth listening to it several times.
    I started listening to it around episode 6, so I've been listening for quite awhile, and have honestly gone through the whole thing almost 3 dozen times now. In fact since a week before this past Christmas I've gone through it another 4 times and the 5th time right now at chaper 34. Each day at work I can get through 2-3 chapters then another in bed. But even still I might not remember something, like who the hell Cheryl was!! Too much smoking in my youth I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast