User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary12 View Post
    Oh...hey, KC. How about letting us know where you stand on gun control? I mean...you created a story where everyone is using guns to combat a threat. I would think that would mean that you're not the typical California tree hugger. Am I wrong? "The World Wants To Know!!!" LOL!!!
    I'm very much a Libertarian if that is any inclination. I'll be more than happy to express my opinions over a glass of wine, but I tend to stay apolitical with my online presence.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    @nik, i've got a question for you: why do you feel you have the right to dictate to me what i can or cannot own? don't i have as much a right to personal property as you do? if i am not using my property to violate the rights of someone else, then why do you feel that you have the right to limit what i can own? why do there have to be restrictions on the things that i can buy with my money that i earned at my job?
    reread that and realized it came across a bit cheeky. let me just say that that is not the way it was intended, it is an honest question.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Reaper239 for President!!!!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I'm very much a Libertarian if that is any inclination. I'll be more than happy to express my opinions over a glass of wine, but I tend to stay apolitical with my online presence.
    And I'll take you up on that offer, Sir!!! I'll treat you to an authentic southern meal if you want to come to Mississippi or I can buy us some over priced tofu in California. LOL!!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Reaper239 for President!!!!
    thank you, thank you, however there is no chance in hell i'd ever get elected. i don't really know that i'd want the job either, did you see obama after he took office? the man looked like he aged 10 years. i already have heart burn, i think i can do without the stress.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post

the question now is are you a classic libertarian, or a neo libertarian? ie, do you believe like our founding fathers in some government, or are you really a classical anarchist that had to rebrand with the new chaos driven anarchy movement? another way to put it is: penn jilette or stefan molyneux?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

@nikvoodoo

I'm waiting to see if Obama is a tyrant or not. He's broken almost ever campaign promise he made so that puts him in the same bucket as every other politician, which didn't surprise me, but if he attempts to force the American people to turn in there guns he will officially be a tyrant. I don't want the government to protect me when I'm more than capable of protecting myself. I wore the US Army uniform in defense of this country and no one had a problem with that but some people seem to have a problem with me keeping my gun when I took the uniform off. I don't understand why.
    Every politician lies....scratch that: Everyone lies.

And the discussion being had from the rational advocates for more control is simply ban the sale of more military grade weaponry. You can't buy anymore. If you have it, I'm not going to be able to take it from you. Just like if you own an old school baby crib with a drop down side, even though they are outlawed now your possession is grandfathered in....let's take a wild guess who became a parent recently...

I'd never say if you own it legally give it to me...mainly because I haven't been shot before and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Think of this just like the 18th amendment (that ever so popular piece of Congressional lawmaking): The amendment only affected manufacturing, transportation and sale of alcohol. Never did it say you can't have your own alcohol and drink it too.

@nik, i've got a question for you: why do you feel you have the right to dictate to me what i can or cannot own? don't i have as much a right to personal property as you do? if i am not using my property to violate the rights of someone else, then why do you feel that you have the right to limit what i can own? why do there have to be restrictions on the things that i can buy with my money that i earned at my job?
    Well you listen here Mr. Son of a bi....

reread that and realized it came across a bit cheeky. let me just say that that is not the way it was intended, it is an honest question.
    Just playin'.

I'm not trying to dictate anything about what you can own. If you own an AR15 or something to its likeness legally: Go for it. As I've said before (or may not have here, but I have else where as an online keyboard warrior) I have absolutely no issue with that so long as you own it responsibly. I get the very distinct impression from the passion of the forum members here that you are like the majority of gun owners: You do it responsibly, you're trained (as many many of you are former military), and I'd wager you secure your weapons appropriately.

But the example I've been using since this debate began around Saturday: I want to own a land mine. Why can't I own one to protect my person and my property? If I plant land mines in my front yard, I prevent a home invasion from ever happening. I'll mark out with signs saying enter with caution, I've planted land mines.

It's a ridiculous extreme, but the point remains that there are some weapons that serve no purpose except in warfare. It's my belief that AR15 and things similar to them shouldn't be a consumer item. Nor should a high capacity magazine. It's the idea that not all weapons should be available to the public.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Every politician lies....scratch that: Everyone lies.

And the discussion being had from the rational advocates for more control is simply ban the sale of more military grade weaponry. You can't buy anymore. If you have it, I'm not going to be able to take it from you. Just like if you own an old school baby crib with a drop down side, even though they are outlawed now your possession is grandfathered in....let's take a wild guess who became a parent recently...

I'd never say if you own it legally give it to me...mainly because I haven't been shot before and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Think of this just like the 18th amendment (that ever so popular piece of Congressional lawmaking): The amendment only affected manufacturing, transportation and sale of alcohol. Never did it say you can't have your own alcohol and drink it too.

Well you listen here Mr. Son of a bi....

Just playin'.

I'm not trying to dictate anything about what you can own. If you own an AR15 or something to its likeness legally: Go for it. As I've said before (or may not have here, but I have else where as an online keyboard warrior) I have absolutely no issue with that so long as you own it responsibly. I get the very distinct impression from the passion of the forum members here that you are like the majority of gun owners: You do it responsibly, you're trained (as many many of you are former military), and I'd wager you secure your weapons appropriately.

But the example I've been using since this debate began around Saturday: I want to own a land mine. Why can't I own one to protect my person and my property? If I plant land mines in my front yard, I prevent a home invasion from ever happening. I'll mark out with signs saying enter with caution, I've planted land mines.

It's a ridiculous extreme, but the point remains that there are some weapons that serve no purpose except in warfare. It's my belief that AR15 and things similar to them shouldn't be a consumer item. Nor should a high capacity magazine. It's the idea that not all weapons should be available to the public.
    you say it's a ridiculous extreme but i say why? sure it may be a bad idea to plant them, but isn't that what freedom's all about? now that's not to say you wouldn't be held liable for your negligence if a child were to wonder onto your un-gated and or un-fenced property, but i have no problems with you owning mines. just like i have no problem with you owning a M249 SAW, or a 40 MM grenade launcher, you are a law abiding citizen, by definition you will not be striving to break laws you will be striving to maintain them, you will not be violating peoples rights, you will be protecting your own, and by extension everyones. plus, as i've said before, the criminals don't care about your gun laws. in fact, they are in favor of gun control because it means that their victims are unarmed.look at the aurora theater massacre, that was not the closest theater to him, nor was it the easiest to get to, but it was the closest that had a no guns sign posted, where the people were unarmed. now that's an example of carry restriction, but we can carry the same logic over to all firearms legislation, regulation only affects those who would not be inclined to break the laws in the first place. so, for instance, the heavy regulation on automatic weapons prevents me from owning one, because it is cost and time prohibitive for me, however, for people who disregard drug laws, violating weapons laws is a small matter, they have no problems carrying automatic sub machine guns, for which they avoided the regulations for.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I can understand Nik's argument about not letting everyone own landmines but at the same time I don't trust my government to have my best interests at heart. Since I've worn that uniform before I got a real education on the kind of people who took the same oath I did, and let me tell you something, some of those guys are scary as hell! I could see a Hitler situation where most of the military would disregard Pose Comotatus and start beating and shooting American civilians. I'll be damned if I don't use every tool at my disposal to give them hell while they try it. If the military was turned on us we would lose in a firefight but its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Centurion: Are you the children of the gods?

U.S. Veterans: Nah...we're the nephews of Uncle Sam!
    Last edited by Ordinary12; Dec 20th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    This sums it up pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=evEg1VNfX3o

thank you, thank you, however there is no chance in hell i'd ever get elected. i don't really know that i'd want the job either, did you see obama after he took office? the man looked like he aged 10 years. i already have heart burn, i think i can do without the stress.
    They all look that way after only a couple years, but I'd be willing to try it. Of course, I'd try Clinton's stress relieving method, "Hey Monica, got a minute..." Only the new Monica would be better looking. Also, being a single guy, what better pickup line than, "I'm the president."
    Last edited by Condor; Dec 21st, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast