User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    And I really enjoyed reading Osiris posting, so creating this thread has been totally worth it.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    [QUOTE=LiamKerrington;53371]
    Dude: Then most characters in this show could be anything.

Sorry but I disagree. You know the orientation of just about every character in the show either through statement or their suspected intrest. (Michael and Pegs, Lizzy and Saul and CJ, Victor and Kelly, Riley likes women, Datu likes women, Tardust likes women, etc.) We know it for just about everyone except Scratch. Why is it important? Well...orientation and intrest give you an Idea as to what else these characters would be willing to fight for besides suvival. It adds another layer of debt to the characters becides the one of action-hero/zombie-slaughtering/villan/warrior/etc. Some of the funniest scenes were during the party at the tower were everyone awkwardly/drunkenly tried to hook-up. Likewise some of the most heroic and/or stroy building scenes were those where Michael, Saul, or any other character did something to defend those they care/cared about. I don't care who you are, the desire for revenge and survival can't be the only things keeping Scratch going. If so? She's a pretty shallow Character, even for a villian.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    [QUOTE=Drannix99;53377]
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Dude: Then most characters in this show could be anything.

Sorry but I disagree. You know the orientation of just about every character in the show either through statement or their suspected intrest. (Michael and Pegs, Lizzy and Saul and CJ, Victor and Kelly, Riley likes women, Datu likes women, Tardust likes women, etc.) We know it for just about everyone except Scratch. Why is it important? Well...orientation and intrest give you an Idea as to what else these characters would be willing to fight for besides suvival. It adds another layer of debt to the characters becides the one of action-hero/zombie-slaughtering/villan/warrior/etc. Some of the funniest scenes were during the party at the tower were everyone awkwardly/drunkenly tried to hook-up. Likewise some of the most heroic and/or stroy building scenes were those where Michael, Saul, or any other character did something to defend those they care/cared about. I don't care who you are, the desire for revenge and survival can't be the only things keeping Scratch going. If so? She's a pretty shallow Character, even for a villian.
    Riley had some sort of crush on Angel, otherwise some events at the end of episode 36 would not make much sense.
    Last edited by YetAnotherBloodyCheek; Dec 16th, 2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added a negation

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

You know the orientation of just about every character in the show either through statement or their suspected intrest. (...) We know it for just about everyone except Scratch.
    Puck, Kimmet, Bricks, Pippin, Skittles/ Duncan, Kelly, Bill, Tommy, Ryan, Carley, Simon, Mary, Steven, Hope, Jakob, James, Paul, Leopold, Lewis, Latch, Durai, Charlie, Johnny, Sam, Muldoon, Robbins, Fernando, Pete, Marcus, Bixby, Supervisor, Glenn, Amy, Sean, Bill Roberts, Sean ...

So much as for, 'you know the orientation of just about every character in the show either through statement or their suspected interest', while noone knows nothing about Scratch's sexual agenda. I think, you are proven wrong.

I agree with you on two things:
    a) I was not accurate; I should have stated something along like "most" or "nearly everyone";*
    b) knowing the sexual agenda of an individual may help us understand about and assume how someone might react in a certain situation. But that was not important in this show in general, but only in the few chosen moments.

*Oh, WAIT! I actually wrote 'most' and not all or just any ... Thus my posting already implied that there were few or some that ... Oh my! ...
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Dec 17th, 2012 at 03:51 AM. Reason: amendment
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I think that it is legitimate to ask the question.

What are Scratch's motives? Gathering wealth? No. Ruling a large group of people? I doubt it. Could her sexuality be some sort of driving force? Might be. At least it might be an explanation, even a wicked one, for her behaviour.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Her sexual agenda/ orientation is (part of) the driving force behind her actions? Seriously? And your main point is, this would be important because the WA-show has not revealed anything about her relation to sex, while the WA-story cared to give us insight to FEW, and not even close to many other characters' interests?
    I am glad that you clarified that this is actually you who is interested in it and that you wished to see some reaction from Osiris. Congratulations. I wonder where this will end.

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    What are Scratch's motives? Gathering wealth? No. Ruling a large group of people? I doubt it. Could her sexuality be some sort of driving force? Might be. At least it might be an explanation, even a wicked one, for her behaviour.
    To avenge the death of her brother - probably the only real family member in her life, the only person she had a close relation with, she could trust, who was reliable etc.? Does this make her longing for inbreeding? Or is this based on the deeper personal structures for lust and sex and rock'n'roll? Really ... You should stop reading Freud.

/rant
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Dec 16th, 2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: SOME => FEW; amendment
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I'm not sure we really have to justify why someone asks a question regarding characters in the show. I think it's kinda interesting that it matters so much to folks that YABC asked the question. Is it taboo in some way to talk about sexual topics?

Anyway, I think topics like this could (emphasis on the word could) lead to deeper discussions about characters. Ones of the reaons I like the how so much is that Kc has developed his characters so well. We, the audience, want to know more about these characters. We get attachments, if you will, to them over the course of the show.

That being said, I'm not sure Scratch's sexual orientation/desires are driving forces in her role in the WA story. Maybe they play in to some parts - the first meeting it did come up when Latch & Scratch were eyeballing Lizzie - so it did help establish the listeners opinion of the character.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Seems to me that Scratch is motivated by survival. It doesn't appear as though she's really drawn by much else--at least as far as the story has let slip thus far. I would find the idea of her being driven by sexual orientation, or sexuality in general, to be highly suspect.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

No need for justifications. I don't ask for this. I just speak up for my mind. And good point: Asking questions for delving deeper and deeper into the characters - sweet - go ahead! Even I have understood that this forum is there for things like this.

I wonder why I feel like I have to justify my complain instead - why? If people seem to be annoyed about what I write, then hit DISAPPROVE on my postings; that's what it is for! (Now, does my rep decrease all of a sudden?) I provided the points, why I see absolutely no reason in discussing something based on weird arguments and which cannot be supported by any given fact from the show itself. It's like discussing for the purpose of discussing only, and not for the content.

I keep the facepalm up on this particular part of the question.

And if I killed the discussion, I'm sorry. Go ahead. Just ignore my rambling and rant. I am out of this thread.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Scratch - In addition to what else was mentioned, she seemed very upset that Tardust and Bricks found a 'girl' without telling her. She could have meant any person and just said girl because that's what Bricks mentioned. But, she sounds focused on the fact that it was a female.

There are quite a bit of sexual references through out the story. The first season treated sex in a silly 8 year old's perspective way. (Sorry KC) For example the scene when Angel and Riley have to strip down to pour water on each other or the preteen-like flirting between Pegs and Michael.

I can't help but to wonder if the events that take place in the center of the arena is some sort of zombie orgy. Riley points out that the zombies exhibt some sort of animal lust when they react to the sweat bottles, and that sex is a powerful drive.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast