User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

"Leave her" and "Go" are most definitely original thoughts. But is Pinstripe the only one who can have them?

We know during Riley and Angel's experience in the arena when the regular zombies got Datu, they did not express stereotypical flesh eater type zombie behavior. They showed enough self control to drag him (and others) away as a prisoner versus fast food. That displays intelligence beyond the general primal instincts a la Romero zombies.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Pinstripe is not doing the cosmetic alterations to the little ones either. The motor skills debate has really triggered a "not possible" switch in my brain that I hadn't considered before.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post
    "Leave her" and "Go" are most definitely original thoughts. But is Pinstripe the only one who can have them?

We know during Riley and Angel's experience in the arena when the regular zombies got Datu, they did not express stereotypical flesh eater type zombie behavior. They showed enough self control to drag him (and others) away as a prisoner versus fast food. That displays intelligence beyond the general primal instincts a la Romero zombies.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Pinstripe is not doing the cosmetic alterations to the little ones either. The motor skills debate has really triggered a "not possible" switch in my brain that I hadn't considered before.
    I does seem to be that Pinstripes is either capable of things in one instance and incapable in others.

As for Ink being a genius engineering zombies, I think is may be little more than exposing people or zombies to the haze in various ways. Skittles said that the normals do nothing but eat all of the time. Burt says that the smart ones tell the others what to do.

Unless the regular zombies can be turned into Inklings then the human population of L.A. may be virtually extinct. This is because there seems to be only 9 Inking in L.A. as opposed to the thousands in Boulder or Ft Irwin.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Unless the regular zombies can be turned into Inklings then the human population of L.A. may be virtually extinct. This is because there seems to be only 9 Inking in L.A. as opposed to the thousands in Boulder or Ft Irwin.
    I think you are on to something here. The little one that got on the helo from Fort Irwin in LA was able to make a few new little ones and one of those new little ones was able to make thousands of new little ones. The only limit in Boulder & Irwin being the number of humans hey could find.

So, either TOWTM was just toying with the Colony and brought his first/best creations or he has just run out of humans to work on.

One theory in my head goes back to someone's "like turns like" idea that a zed turns a human into their same kind. Maybe the little ones are what TOWTM turns humans into... Doesn't explain everything but maybe it's a piece of the puzzle.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I think you are on to something here. The little one that got on the helo from Fort Irwin in LA was able to make a few new little ones and one of those new little ones was able to make thousands of new little ones. The only limit in Boulder & Irwin being the number of humans hey could find.

So, either TOWTM was just toying with the Colony and brought his first/best creations or he has just run out of humans to work on.

One theory in my head goes back to someone's "like turns like" idea that a zed turns a human into their same kind. Maybe the little ones are what TOWTM turns humans into... Doesn't explain everything but maybe it's a piece of the puzzle.
    Ah! Very good point. We have never seen him eat any of his victims within the story either. He kills them, and we don't know of any who escaped after being exposed to him, therefore we don't see them change. I mentioned similarities between Ink and Inklings in another post that included:
    1) Height - Ink was over 6'6" tall as are the Inklings.
    2) Tatoos - Of course, these are not transmitted via Z-cooties.
    3) Broken theeth - The Inklings' seem to be due to being the possibilty that they are turned children. (Hey remember the zombie dragging the dying girl at the arena?)
    4) Normal eye color - Ink has green eyes, Inkling #2 has brown eyes. They don't have glazed-over Z-eyes.
    There are a few circumstantial similarities too e.g. the deformed hands/fingers (Ink's could be due to the injury he got from Burt shooting him in the hand as he escaped the Tower) or bullet proof skin (there is speculation that Ink was wearing body armor. He was being transported from prison to a mental health facility (Eastern Bay to Cain General?)
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I'd also like to bring everyone's attention to something Scubba said about Ink that I thought was very strange also. Ink ran away when Saul flashed the knife at him. That's a sign of fear...fear of being cut...fear of dying. It would appear that Ink wasn't made as tough as some of the newer zombies that have bullet proof skin. One would think that if he is the one creating the other zombies he would have given himself all the best traits first. I'm also very interested to know what would happen if Ink bit someone but didn't kill them. What kind of zombie would they turn into? I'm also wondering if my question was just answered in the season finale where we see another tattooed man who is coordinating the zombie attack on the Community.
    Last edited by Ordinary12; Dec 17th, 2012 at 07:16 AM.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Ah! Very good point. We have never seen him eat any of his victims within the story either. He kills them, and we don't know of any who escaped after being exposed to him, therefore we don't see them change. I mentioned similarities between Ink and Inklings in another post that included:
    1) Height - Ink was over 6'6" tall as are the Inklings.
    2) Tatoos - Of course, these are not transmitted via Z-cooties.
    3) Broken theeth - The Inklings' seem to be due to being the possibilty that they are turned children. (Hey remember the zombie dragging the dying girl at the arena?)
    4) Normal eye color - Ink has green eyes, Inkling #2 has brown eyes. They don't have glazed-over Z-eyes.
    There are a few circumstantial similarities too e.g. the deformed hands/fingers (Ink's could be due to the injury he got from Burt shooting him in the hand as he escaped the Tower) or bullet proof skin (there is speculation that Ink was wearing body armor. He was being transported from prison to a mental health facility (Eastern Bay to Cain General?)
    Hmmm, hadn't thought of that. My first thought was, "it takes headshots, dummy" and then later with Behemoths and Little Ones, I made the assumption that TOWTM was just tuff skinned. But with that fancy suit on, who knows....

Keep me wondering about the nature of this guy. Obviously he's got incredible physical abilities - speed, strength, quickness (you try catching an arrow shot from a compound hunting bow!). We're still not sure about his mental capabilities (based on what we know from the show, speculation aside for a moment).

He could be something different altogether and maybe found a way for his "creations" to exceed his abilities (at least in the physical area). Hmmm....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    We do know one thing for sure about Ink...he calls the shots in the field. It doesn't seem to matter how powerful each new creation is...they all follow him. I'm wondering if this is because of the type of pheromones his body emits. We know the zombies use there keen sense of smell to find humans when they are hiding. Could Ink be emitting some kind of "Queen Bee" pheromone that makes all the other zombies fall in line? If this is this case....then this could be the weapon human kind needs to turn this whole thing around.

I'd also like to point out that the zombies are just phase one of a larger plan. I say this with confidence because of the scene where Michael, Pegs, and Vulture(The Lawyer) were on the coast and decided to swim to a yacht they saw floating off shore. The attacking zombies swam from an island that could be seen in the distance. They were described as being thin...starving to death. This implies a metabolism. If there bodies are burning fuel like ours do then they will eventually starve to death like any other living creature without fuel. I believe the zombies are nothing more than a tool to purge the world of most human beings...maybe all human beings. I'm not sure what phase two will be.
    Last edited by Ordinary12; Dec 17th, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary12 View Post
    We do know one thing for sure about Ink...he calls the shots in the field. It doesn't seem to matter how powerful each new creation is...they all follow him. I'm wondering if this is because of the type of pheromones his body emits. We know the zombies use there keen sense of smell to find humans when they are hiding. Could Ink be emitting some kind of "Queen Bee" pheromone that makes all the other zombies fall in line? If this is this case....then this could be the weapon human kind needs to turn this whole thing around.

I'd also like to point out that the zombies are just phase one of a larger plan. I say this with confidence because of the scene where Michael, Pegs, and Vulture(The Lawyer) were on the coast and decided to swim to a yacht they saw floating off shore. The attacking zombies swam from an island that could be seen in the distance. They were described as being thin...starving to death. This implies a metabolism. If there bodies are burning fuel like ours do then they will eventually starve to death like any other living creature without fuel. I believe the zombies are nothing more than a tool to purge the world of most human beings...maybe all human beings. I'm not sure what phase two will be.
    Pheromons and bees. Good idea. And yet I think it is only one piece of the puzzle. Considering the behaviour in the arena or the attacks on bigger locations (Dunbar, The Colony) I would imagine that there is a crude hierarchical/ alpha-leadership-structure available as well which might have its source in other things then pheromons. We know - pretty much for sure - that them zeehs are living beings and not totally mindless; else they would not be able to built traps, treat prisoners other then just devouring, follow simple orders. And as long as they are on their own, they act more or less mindless (though still with a rudimentary will to survive - just remember the hide and seek with Angel, Saul and a zeeh which got stabbed by Saul in one of the earlier chapters ...); but it seems that acting in a group gives them some kind of animalistic horde/pack/family- or very primitive hierarchical behaviour. Pheromons might play a role, but I think not the major one.
    This is supported by the 'fact' actually that even "Smart Ones" may lead packs or groups of zeehs; thus "Smart Ones" have something in common with Ink; is it the pheromons? Another superiority? Or probably both?

As for phase one of a bigger plan: Maybe. Maybe not. Enough hints pointing in that direction. And yet it is really hard to tell what's going on ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12