User Tag List

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

"What are you saying we should do?"

Hi.

Transcript:
    >
    Michael Cross:
    What? We keep runnin'?
    We put thousands of miles between us, and it didn't matter. It still found us.
    I'm tired of leaving, 'n' hiding, 'n' putting up walls just for them to tear 'em down.
    It doesn't make any difference. We loose people anyway. Just slower.
    There is less of us, and more of them. And they keep gettin' worse.

Saul:
    What are you saying we should do?

Michael Cross:
    Well, enough's enough! I'm tired of being on the defense.
    It's time for us to got to them.
    <

So ... WHAT has Michael Cross on his mind?

Do you think, he already has a certain plan building up on his mind? What would this plan involve regarding The Colony, the Survivors, maybe even The Mallers, other locations? Maybe certain strategies? Or will he think about ressources first, and what kind of ressources would this be?
    And even, if there are no details on his mind yet, I probably has started to consider 'something' - but what?

Ideas, thoughts, opinions?

Aside from this: While Michael was more defensive and undecisive in the past, which pretty often supported bad outcomes, will he be more successful with his 'change' of mind? Actually we had it several times that Michael's actions were a lot more successful in the past, when he started to take the opportunity "to attack" - at the end of the war he gave cover-fire for the ones on the fire-truck; he was part of the team that rescued Riley, Angel, Datu, and Kalani at the Arena; when he was all offensive about Kelly and nearly forced her to leave The Tower things changed slightly for the better; and probably there are some more examples showing us that Michael Cross is the "doer-type-guy", and neither "the receiving-end-douche" or "care-bear-dude"...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Michael Cross is a recon man after all. He learnt his lesson from the occurrences at Ft. Irwin: people get much more desperate when they just can react to certain events. I do not think that he has a fleshed out plan at the moment, but he is working on it. I guess he realized that it is essential to have the colonists rally around a goal - Ink's death, whatever. So, we will likely see some recon missions during the first chapters of season 4, Saul might be sent to ground zero again to gather more information and so on.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I think Michael is looking at paying defense as losing a war of attrition. The opponent is better supplied and has you outnumbered by a huge amount. If you let him choose the battleground, his strengths will crush you.

Michael sees that now and I think we're going to see guerilla warfare on the streets of LA. "Normal" Zeds don't seem to pose a problem for our friends but the special ones, esp the Little Ones, only seem to go down with special attacks - fire, lethal injection, M134, ripping an arm off with a huge gate, dropping a building on them and shooting them point blank in the eye. You get the idea.

I think we'll see some very interesting stuff being pulled off in season 4 and CJ will be planning with Michael executing...
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I think we'll see some very interesting stuff being pulled off in season 4 and CJ will be planning with Michael executing...
    And they got a whirlybird with a .50 cal mounted on it. Fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    And they got a whirlybird with a .50 cal mounted on it. Fun.
    I would think just about anytime you can dance with "Ma Duece" you would be having fun...
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.