User Tag List

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: King Ricemaster
    The drive from Boulder, Colorado to Fort Irwin even possible with the routes that were taken?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTank View Post
    The drive from Boulder, Colorado to Fort Irwin even possible with the routes that were taken?
    Sure, Check THIS, the Boulder impact analysis that Cabbage Patch did for "It Only Takes One."

From the rendezvous point at/near Genesee Park, follow I-70 West... Just a bit South-West of central Utah, I-70 ends ("T's off") at I-15. Follow I-15 South to Exit 189 in California. That's Fort Irwin Road.

That's the direct and easy to follow route, though I think it would be likely that the evacuation convoy would have gone cross country directly to Irwin from the Baker area. The only point of consequence is that I-15 runs right through the heart of Las Vegas...

(Though while checking this out, I learned that Nellis AFB in Vegas has, among other aircraft, A-10's... hey Chief Muldoon, how do you feel about fixed wing?)
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Jan 16th, 2013 at 02:18 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    (Though while checking this out, I learned that Nellis AFB in Vegas has, among other aircraft, A-10's... hey Chief Muldoon, how do you feel about fixed wing?)
    Something tells me Muldoon likes the maneuverability of the rotary more. Although, the A10 might fly slow enough for his liking. And we know how much Robbins likes the M234 so I bet he would fall in love with the 30mm cannon on the Warthog....

Hey Kc, I bet you could do some amazing sound work with an A-10... <wink wink> <nudge nudge> Know what I mean?
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    I have now listened to the series twice and I can say I am grateful that this is the season finale. The story is at a great point I think this chapter did a great job of concluding a lot of plot lines and setting up the final season! Great episode, great battle, and a great show!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    ...though I think it would be likely that the evacuation convoy would have gone cross country directly to Irwin from the Baker area.
    There is a trail that goes from Baker, CA onto the Fort Irwin reservation. But then you have to traverse the entire length of "the Box" to get to the base, which is all poorly maintained dirt trails through desert and mountains. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a 4WD vehicle, a driver experienced in driving in the desert, and a good map.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Here's a picture of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle on the ground at Fort Irwin. That hilly terrain with scrub growth is pretty typical of the entire region.
    M2-Bradley-Infantry-Fighting-Vehicle-01-2013.jpg

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: OldtypeM87
    Glad they brought back everyone together, best moment of the chapter. I'm sure I'm not the only one who agrees that IT'S ABOUT TIME that they decided to go on the offensive. The Suit and his numbered children are in for a hell of a fight.

twitter.com/AerockParinas

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second Class1 year registered

Gamertag: aZuLPiNoY PSN ID: aZuLPiNoY
    I've been nursing episodes of WA since I found out about it back in September 2012. I've been dreading this day, but I just finished the finale for Season 3. I'm happy to say that I'm caught up and can post with the rest of the forum when Season 4 starts... but that means that I have to wait till Season 4 starts...

To Kc Wayland & the WA Crew - AWESOME JOB so far! But seriously, KC, end the prohibition now. We've been dried out too long. Let season 4 flow! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!
    Drop beats, not bombs. Fight war, not wars. When the heart does not know what it cannot do, it does everything. Revolution only works for those who participate. Start loving... I am ♥

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aerock View Post
    I've been nursing episodes of WA since I found out about it back in September 2012. I've been dreading this day, but I just finished the finale for Season 3. I'm happy to say that I'm caught up and can post with the rest of the forum when Season 4 starts... but that means that I have to wait till Season 4 starts...

To Kc Wayland & the WA Crew - AWESOME JOB so far! But seriously, KC, end the prohibition now. We've been dried out too long. Let season 4 flow! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!
    Well, now that you're all caught up go back and guzzle the whole show again like Bill with a new bottle of Sailor Jerry!
    Likes Aerock liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    I honestly hope they don't end up killing CJ in this next season or at least let her keep her legs and would really love to see what Hope can do when she gets her eyesight back.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast