User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I don't really qualify for rep, but I appreciate it! I live in the Gray Tab category
    It's the thought that counts, right?
    joint-point-counter-joint

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to come out against this. It just doesn't feel right to cheapen the donation system.

Maybe, normal users who achieve the rep bar but not someone part of a group, seeing as that is an easy and quick way to get information on why a person has a user name colour.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    I'm going to come out against this. It just doesn't feel right to cheapen the donation system.

Maybe, normal users who achieve the rep bar but not someone part of a group, seeing as that is an easy and quick way to get information on why a person has a user name colour.
    So your user title informs me of........

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    So your user title informs me of........
    So my station informs you of.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

So my station informs you of.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I would agree with something for the 1500 rep and above...that seems fair, and shows just how "appreciated" that persons time on the forum is...

Though as of right now, I believe only two people are close to that number...hey, it would help promote spreading rep as well....win/win
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Whopp-dee-doo, I made a reference in my fucking user title. If I'm asked to change it, I will. But giving the option to everyone just doesn't sit well with me.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Whopp-dee-doo, I made a reference in my fucking user title. If I'm asked to change it, I will. But giving the option to everyone just doesn't sit well with me.
    But you ARE giving the option to everyone. Through donation. Is it any different than the time that someone 'donates' to the site by way of work on the wiki, blogging, article writing, and so forth? The people who donate their time and effort to better this place simply because they love the show vs the people who pay to have an option. Granted, it isn't as simple as that and I'm sure there are a number of sponsors that donate for the love of the show... but the fact that the option is there is sort of a slap in the face to the people that give of themselves in other ways.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Oh, their group wouldn't change. Just an option to change "Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower" which is a dull title anyway. I understand the cheapening of the donation system, which is why I'm asking people to weigh in. If someone reaches a high reputation point it's like they donated their time to contribute to the show. In a weird way, the more traffic and posts to the forum makes us money via traffic hits, so they are sorta "donating".
    But then again that's why I opened the dialogue. We're working on a metal for donators as well, or some way to make the postbit (the section on the left) more functional and customizable.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    It is a paid privilege, incentive for donating. Everything else is a just something you would do for the love of the show. If you require reward, why do it in the first place?

Wouldn't knowing that you help the collective knowledge of a show you love be enough?

Do you really mean to be so entitled that your time and knowing you helped out is not enough receive a thank you and be grateful for the free content that Kc so graciously provides?

You got your separate sub-forum, you're part of the so-called "Blogger" group and you really need more? Honestly sir, are you this greedy elsewhere in life?

If this is to go through, I would not want it implemented until more users reach the milestone.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast