User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Couldn't agree more, 7odd. I like that this forum is fairly good at self-policing without being really heavy handed about it. i've seen plenty of places out in the interwebs that follow the "if you don't think like us you need to get the hell out" route.

That doesn't seem to be the case at all in here. We're all pretty much got in here because of WA but I love that there is so much more going on in here. The discussions on the episodes and the theories are great but so are the social groups and the "Everything Else" threads.

The Niks, 7odds, Osirises (Osiri?) of the forum, and others like them are some of the biggest reasons for all this. I don't think it's the "perks" that keep them coming back and doing what they do but why shut them out of some of them?

Good discussion....
    Mercifully, there will only ever be one Osiris.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Agreed! I think that the QUALITY of the posts should determine REP, and that is a subjective thing that each person can judge for himself (like, for instance, REP for color coding ). I've given REP for stunning insight, in-depth research, an original thought, or just something that made me chuckle. Laughs are too hard to come by in this world, so it's nice to have the REP system as a well to spread goodwill among our fellow WA fans. I'd love to go to a WA Forum after-party someday when the series is finished and meet some of you in person.

BTW, would also like to see the 'ceiling' expanded on REP... guys like Nik and 7odd are already 'Bad Mothers', there is a loss of incentive to REP them further. Any chance for a revision on that?
    I don't know that there becomes a lack of incentive to rep those who reach a limit. For 1...there generally is very little we discuss about where the barriers are. There could be a title above One bad mother.....just so happens there isn't right now....but there could be!!

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    How about "Ink's Daddy"....

Indeed you are sir.
    Subtitles, or however you want to refer to them, is somewhat a separate discussion. We can certainly expand them. When we first instituted rep with a very tiny tiny scale, we never thought anyone would achieve over 1000 points. Once we realized that NO ONE was getting over 200 points even if they donated and got the huge bump, we added more factors to increase rep (days on forum, number of posts, number of times system is used etc) to increase rep power to kick start the program. And again, as you see, that portion is working.

Let's revisit the titles in the off season when we can get some good brainstormin' in.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Nov 27th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Just to let you know this discussion really reminded me why I come here.
    You've all inspired me to become a little more active in the down time between episodes after the season finale.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Damn straight.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456