User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status

I think they saved a story that was pretty aweful. The book had so many parts in it that were just stand out bad and overdone cliches that it took me out of the story. I think the movie will be a nice popcorn summer movie. And I have to say Brad Pitt did what Max Brooks failed to do, ask someone who has ever been in the military (or even held a gun) what would happen. It looks like that they got rid of the tired troppe of absolute military incompetence (as seen in 28 Days Later and the original WWZ) and went with the idea that just maybe the Army isn't filled with rapists and imbiciles that would build a dug in position with overhead cover to battle people infected with a disease.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: babybluex
    The CGI looks ridiculous -.- they could have done a lot more with this trailer. but i will keep an open mind til the movie is available

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Here is the new trailer:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/worldwarz/

I still do not know what to make of this...

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Here is the new trailer:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/worldwarz/

I still do not know what to make of this...
    None of the trailers for this movie have made me want to watch it... At this point I can't see dumping the coin to see it at a theater. Maybe.... maybe.... spend about $2 to see it when it hits on-demand.... Maybe
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    And Brad Pitt looks pretty old in this flick.

Besides, a zombie movie should scare the shit out of me, if it mainly relies on eye candy scenes which appear to be mediocre CGI sequences - I do not want to see it.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points

Gamertag: pinkstarmary
    I haven't read the book yet. I think I'm going to wait and watch the movie first, then read the book. I don't want to be disappointed like I was with "Interview With A Vampire"

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

pinkstarmary: I think this is the best possible approach. Too bad I read the book and listened to the audio-book a zillion times ... Considering this and considering having watched the first trailer (I won't watch the new one) I am close to certain to avoid this movie; there is only a tiny chance making me want to watch the movie in order to speak in favor of or against it based on the movie-experience and knowledge about the movie. Right now I am very prejudiced about it, because I know too well what I expect from a movie labeled "World War Z" and what the trailer does not announce to happen in the movie ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Zombie

I just watched the second trailer ... And I think the movie "World War Z" is not so much about zombie-horror in the typical sense; also it does not focus on the same effects you see in the zillion Resident Evil movies. I will contradict myself by saying this: the movie "World War Z" probably approaches the zombie-apocalypse from a different angle then what we used to see in other movies. We used to see a small band of weird survivors fighting for survival; or we had the disgusting movies living from gore and really obnoxious effects; then there were different movies making fun of the genre. But were there any movies or TV-shows that tried to put the bigger picture on the screen? I think the movie of "World War Z" will try to do this to a certain degree, which would make it different from many other zombie-movies, right?

This could help as well: Consider the title "World War Z" disconnected from the book or audio-book. This movie is about a "World War Z"; but the few things it might have in common with "World War Z" written by Max Brooks do make it neither a movie-adaption nor a spin-off of this particular (fine?) piece of pop-culture literature. That being said: The movie "World War Z" won't be about the "World War Z" by Brooks. So you cannot do anything wrong watching the movie, unless you hope to find a movie-adaption of the Brooks-story ...
    And in my opinion this does not change at all, although Brooks was involved in the movie to a certain degree.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    This is not a typical zombie HORROR movie, just a typical Hollywood blockbuster with a flavor of romance, a flavor of 'ooh I live my family so much' etc etc against a zombie background.. Still I will watch it, if it was only seeing zombies on a plane for the first time I will probably wait for it coming to dvd/bluray.. And just watch it with a nice cold one on the couch.
    http://www.apocalypsezone.com
    The moment I became a fan of Angel: "Oh look, Datu is crying again"

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Will it bomb as bad as Green Lantern or will it be even worse?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast