User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kalani

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bvglee View Post
    I don't hate him, never did, never quite liked him, but no hate. He's just annoying, because he was triying too hard to adapt to an already established group, by playing smartass, brown nosing etc.. But when the finest hour came, he responded well to the confidence angel put in him, and even though he knew was more a liablility than an asset, he manned up, stood and delivered, to save his and his buddy a$$es. That "semi-settles" the score with him. I say "semi-settles" because, Skittles comment about Kalani is a Chekhov's Gun, he may be a fruitcake, but K.C. does not adds senseles elements to the story, so that's the only loose string on Kalani, once it's cleared I'll decide if he's OK or deserves to be thrown in the "Cuban Zombie Pit".
    Which comment was it that Skittles made?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    I think Kalani is one of the Mallers, actually I think he's the traitor.

1. Everything was fine before he came along.
    2. His story doesn't add up.
    3. Skittles recognized him, and we know Skittles encountered the bad people (most likely Mallers) before.
    4. He seemed to have already known that the weapons locker had already been robbed, and was trying to convince Angel not to check.
    5. He's intentionally siding with Burt, the man in charge for the time being, he's most likely doing this so he can gain a position of power (and possibly even respect) within the Tower, and this makes it easier for him to execute his agenda.
    Great points indeed. I've disliked this guy since his introduction. Samantha would have been way cooler, she could have even been re-united with her daughter. Wtf KC!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by bvglee View Post
    I mean, Skittles, may be a fruitcake, but K.C. does not adds senseles elements to the story, so that's the only loose string on Kalani, once it's cleared I'll decide if he's OK or deserves to be thrown in the "Cuban Zombie Pit".
    Nice World War Z reference there, bvglee. (If that's what you we're referencing)

"Scavenger"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ArkumsRazor13 PSN ID: ArkumsRazor Steam ID: Arkum1313
    I got to agree with the theory that Kalani is from the mental institution. He may very well believe that he is a pilot from Hawaii and everything else he says. Doesn't make it true. That line that Skittles recognizes him is a big hint I think. Samantha doesn't recognize him from the other tower, yes they could have been 2 ships passing in the night, but I got the feeling Samantha had been in that other Tower a while before they got attacked. If he turns out to be the rat, I get the feeling that he won't no he was doing anything wrong.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ArkumsRazor13 PSN ID: ArkumsRazor Steam ID: Arkum1313
    IIRC she doesn't mention him being with her in the other tower, jsut that he was there when she got there, in the Arena that is.

And for the record, and while we are on WWZ, ever since Michael shoveled that guy I picture him carrying around a lobo.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I don't hate Kalani, but it is really fishy to me that Skittles has seen him before. I think Kalani is an opportunist, which is understandable in a zombie era. If people's traits are magnified when they become zombies (smarter in life, smarter in death Burt Theory) then I can imagine people's flaws (Kalani's cowardice) and strengths (Michael's leadership) are magnified as well.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    There is only one way we can be sure that Kalani was actaully at the other tower. And that way is for hope to recognize him. Which won't happen because I am convinced that Kalani is a Maller.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

I don't know about anyone else, but I hate Kalani. I think he's a whiney bitch who needs to go on Jenny Craig. He doesn't really do anything to help the group. When he was running with Angel from the Behemoth, I was praying that he would get eaten. KC Wayland, if you're reading this, you need to kill off Kalani.

Plus, I leaning toward the theory that Kalani is the rat.
    Last edited by Crabb90; Apr 24th, 2011 at 11:55 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I believe Kalani is the rat, but if he really is, do you really want him to die. I mean his character would be much more interesting.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678