User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalani

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    But I gotta say, I think we're being taken for a ride and I smell that distinct smell of Red Herring.
    Man! Why does everything have to be full of suspense. I'm gonna blame Kalani. Just kidding

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    I think Kalani is one of the Mallers, actually I think he's the traitor.

1. Everything was fine before he came along.
    2. His story doesn't add up.
    3. Skittles recognized him, and we know Skittles encountered the bad people (most likely Mallers) before.
    4. He seemed to have already known that the weapons locker had already been robbed, and was trying to convince Angel not to check.
    5. He's intentionally siding with Burt, the man in charge for the time being, he's most likely doing this so he can gain a position of power (and possibly even respect) within the Tower, and this makes it easier for him to execute his agenda.
    Last edited by Destiny; Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    3. Skittles recognized him, and we know Skittles encountered the bad people (most likely Mallers) before.
    I forgot about that, at first I thought Skittles just slipped, but that actually makes a lot of sense. You make a lot of really good points.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    although we cant know for sure, skittles was a resident of the second tower, and at one point so was kalani, so i think its likely that skittles may have seen him there. it wouldnt be too difficult to see how kalani wouldnt have remembered skittles, just cause its like if ur the new kid in class, everythings new to u, but if ur a regular, and then there is a new kid in class, u'll notice him.

but who knows, maybe he even works for the zombies themselves. maybe he lead ink to the tower after they rescued him, maybe he lead ink to the second tower, cause according to his story, the second tower fell almost immediately after he arrived there, who knows
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    although we cant know for sure, skittles was a resident of the second tower
    Well Skittles did say he ran away while ink was killing his friends, and ink was the one who attacked the second tower, can't say for sure but this was probably the same attack.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I think Kalani is one of the Mallers, actually I think he's the traitor.

1. Everything was fine before he came along.
    2. His story doesn't add up.
    4. He seemed to have already known that the weapons locker had already been robbed, and was trying to convince Angel not to check.
    5. He's intentionally siding with Burt, the man in charge for the time being, he's most likely doing this so he can gain a position of power (and possibly even respect) within the Tower, and this makes it easier for him to execute his agenda.
    1. Really? Ink broke into the Tower as he arrived. The Tower was attacked and swamped with Zombies before he arrived. I don't say that's fine. That's not a very good definition of fine to me.
    2. What doesn't add up? If you believe his story, he arrived from Hawaii being a pilot, his crash landing killed many of his passengers barring three, he was rescued by the other Tower, he was captured when it was raided and escaped with our Tower. We know he knows enough about directions to recognize Angel is leading him in the opposite direction when dropping Latch's body off.
    3. I'll answer this below.
    4. Kalani being the chicken he is wanted to take off only after they heard something else was in the warehouse with them. He wanted to leave the pallet of food too. That makes him a chicken, not a well informed Maller. Besides, if he was a Maller, he has a gun. If he wanted to go back to them, he would have more than enough information about the Tower when they dropped off Latch. Shoot Angel in the head, and call the Mallers to pick him up. He knows exactly how many people are in the Tower, the defenses and the weak points by now. By not doing it, proves to me he's not a Maller.
    5. He's siding with Burt makes perfect sense to me. He tore Michael et al down when he saw the pitiful defenses vs. the other tower. Since Michael was in charge, he wouldn't side with him since he saw his leadership as lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Well Skittles did say he ran away while ink was killing his friends, and ink was the one who attacked the second tower, can't say for sure but this was probably the same attack.
    Ink is also connected to the Mental Hospital. If we assume Skittles saw Kalani in some other capacity other than while he was being dragged into the Stadium, here's another theory I'll throw out there into the ether: Skittles could recognize Kalani from the mental hospital. That could be the secret we assume Kalani has. Kalani could be a high functioning schizophrenic. And Skittles could certainly qualify by his behavior to having been institutionalized.

I only say that to debunk why Skittles could recognize him but not remember why. I believe Kalani is legit from Hawaii and is a pilot. Nothing that has been stated in the story makes me believe otherwise.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Why hasn't anyone questioned Kalani on how he was captured? They could actually get some important information if they did.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Why hasn't anyone questioned Kalani on how he was captured? They could actually get some important information if they did.
    It ties into the leadership "mistakes" made by Michael and Angel. You know, the mistakes that can be used for dramatic purposes like forgetting the MRE's at the base.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Samatha say that he was there before her? Remember, the first tower lost people in bunches. One was during the convoy ambush and second during their tower invasion by Ink.
    Sam ran during the invasion and thought Hope was killed. Obviously that wasn't the case and there are a few survivors from the first tower at the coloney.
    Kalani can't be the "Rat" unless he's telepathic. LOL.
    If you're a cynical person, then Kalani would be the perfect person to take with you during a run. There's an old saying when it comes to being chased by things: "You don't have to be fast. You just have to be faster than the person you're with." Tadahhh! Kalani on a stick!
    I'll have to admit that i'm changing my feelings on dude. He's growing on me. We all want to fault him for playing possum, but HEY.. it IS you or me.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I view him as the ultimate scronger looking out for #1
    Last edited by Adogg; Feb 7th, 2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast