User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalani

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Kalani

Why wasn't Kalani eaten? At first I thought it was because he was ill, then playing sick, that that wasn't it because his butt got better real quick like after the rescue.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    After the rescue he was being taken care of: he got food, water, and some medicine (not entirely sure about the latter).
    Since dehydration can get you very, very sick (and he'd been there for a while) I think that's what his illness came from.

Also, IIRC the zombies just randomly took one of the prisoners with them. I guess it was just luck on his side?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    The only reason they went for Samantha before him was she was much more animated and the zombies felt that Ink would enjoy the kill more.

I'm unsure on weather or not he played possum. If he did, bravo for him. Sam did say he passed out like that from time to time.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

I think it was just luck. I truly think there is something up with him, but I think he just got lucky at the Arena. Larger people tend to get sicker faster without things like water and food. Just not as in good of shape. He has said time and again how large he is. The other Characters have even said things about it. Odds are that played a factor.

I just don't believe "I came here from the Island and I am a Pilot."

I think he is just a survivor. I think he would sell his mother's soul to be safe. I have a belief he is the Traitor and such from the other Tower and Our Tower.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Here is what I said in the old forums.
    A little background on Kalani since everyone seems to be talking about him.

I just re-listened to chapter 10 and made some notes:

He flew from a small Island in Hawaii to the big island. He and 9 others flew from there to LA (presumably LAX). And "landed loud. Only 3 survived the landing". He was picked up by survivors. He made it to the "other" tower and was there for 3 days before it fell.

Particularly interesting part was that while being held captive Datu's girlfriend said he was there before her. She also said he would be up and walking one minute then "down he goes" and "who knows what is wrong with him".

He stayed in this state and she of course was eaten/killed instead of him. Then he suddenly was awake when rescue came. They carried him for a bit but then he was able to walk on his own power.

When they got back he took "numerous bathroom brakes" and said he was happy to see toilets again. (not sure if this meant anything but it seemed out of place)

All, in all, to me it adds up to a sketchy guy. I think he was playing possum, and had done so each time earlier, when they came for a victim at the arena. Basically, he's about survival first.

I mean how many feedings did he make it through? Datu's girl said others came for her after she had been there and they were killed. Also she said she had been there about 10 days. That's a lot of feedings to get passed over on. He was doing it by looking the most pathetic. I speculate that the "one in the center of the ring" likes victims that scream and beg. An almost dead guy doesn’t sound like the best choice then...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    But, if you listen to that episode, during the rescue dude was up and moving pretty damn good for a guy who was unresponsive when the creatures came in. Sam was pretty damn sure he was going to be next since he'd been there longer than she had. I gather, that had been S.O.P from what she was saying. It wouldn't seem that playing possum would work, but maybe his gamble payed off. We won't know until KC and crew enlighten us.
    I don't think he's the traitor because he didn't know anything about the "Mallers" simply because he was in the arena after the other tower was overrun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    @Adogg,

I'll have to go back and repeep that ep. It does seem that he made it through a lot of feedings. All I know is he had some pep in his step once Angel showed up.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    @Adogg,

I'll have to go back and repeep that ep. It does seem that he made it through a lot of feedings. All I know is he had some pep in his step once Angel showed up.
    Agreed. I've thought from the start that he was playing possum. I predict we'll find out in the next chapter that he's the mole, a rat, and pretty much dirty all-around. Then again, he could go all Kelly on us and turn out cool.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Kalani WAS playing possum. in a previous post, I found that he asked Angel and Rilley to wait. Then he asked them not to leave him. They dragged him through the hole and he was up. The creatures heard all the racket and angel had to pop a couple of them.
    Angel says "we have to move!" and Kalani says "I think I can walk." He asks for a stick then by the time they get to the hallway, that bastard is running!
    When they get to the hummer, he's 110 percent!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Though I'm somewhat skeptical of this theory myself, I mentioned on the previous forum that he has many characteristics of a diabetic. I've known a couple of friends who developed diabetes and went some time without being diagnosed, and in both cases, they were lethargic and suffered from a loss of energy but were capable of playing sports, swimming and other high energy activities. As a high profile case, Jay Cutler played pro football with undiagnosed diabetes just a few years ago (apparently MCL sprains are much worse than diabetes lol). Additionally, as the beasties use smell to find victims, the variations in his blood sugar level could produce a different scent in him which, along with his lack of movement, could explain why he didn't get taken in the arena.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast