User Tag List

Thread: Referrals

twitter.com/AerockParinas

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second Class1 year registered

Gamertag: aZuLPiNoY PSN ID: aZuLPiNoY

Datu Referrals

I'm new here and still learning how this whole site works. I recently earned the Recommendation Second Class achievement, but is there any way to see who we referred? It would be good to know so that I can still bug my friends IRL that haven't gotten on here yet. It would also be cool to have a "Referred by" on our profiles. If we weren't referred by anybody, maybe just have "Self-Referred" in that field? Just some thoughts...
    Drop beats, not bombs. Fight war, not wars. When the heart does not know what it cannot do, it does everything. Revolution only works for those who participate. Start loving... I am ♥

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerock View Post
    I'm new here and still learning how this whole site works. I recently earned the Recommendation Second Class achievement, but is there any way to see who we referred? It would be good to know so that I can still bug my friends IRL that haven't gotten on here yet. It would also be cool to have a "Referred by" on our profiles. If we weren't referred by anybody, maybe just have "Self-Referred" in that field? Just some thoughts...
    Good question... you know, I'm not sure. Do any other admins know?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I'm looking but I'm not seeing anything at the moment. As for the award, we have a couple buggy awards in our system (like the bug hunter award ironically) that randomly assigns itself to users with no rhyme or reason even though it was supposed to be deleted. Refferal award may have landed into buggy land.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I'm looking but I'm not seeing anything at the moment. As for the award, we have a couple buggy awards in our system (like the bug hunter award ironically) that randomly assigns itself to users with no rhyme or reason even though it was supposed to be deleted. Refferal award may have landed into buggy land.
    Looking from a developers standpoint it would not be hard to create a referred by system. You already have the name of each user (assuming the users on the forum are recommending another person) You could set up a link with the name to that users profile

Ex.
    Bob is on Forum
    Bob refers Joe
    "Referred by Bob" on the profile information

twitter.com/AerockParinas

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second Class1 year registered

Gamertag: aZuLPiNoY PSN ID: aZuLPiNoY
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolPat7 View Post
    Looking from a developers standpoint it would not be hard to create a referred by system. You already have the name of each user (assuming the users on the forum are recommending another person) You could set up a link with the name to that users profile

Ex.
    Bob is on Forum
    Bob refers Joe
    "Referred by Bob" on the profile information
    That's what I was thinking of, but maybe have "Bob" show up as a link to Bob's profile on Joe's profile. Kc (or any other admin), could you let me know if you ever figure out if we end users can find out who we referred? Thanks!
    Drop beats, not bombs. Fight war, not wars. When the heart does not know what it cannot do, it does everything. Revolution only works for those who participate. Start loving... I am ♥