User Tag List

twitter.com/AerockParinas

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second Class1 year registered

Gamertag: aZuLPiNoY PSN ID: aZuLPiNoY

Mr. Whiskers Comic Books / Graphic Novels

In my lifetime, I've been a fan of zombie movies. The Walking Dead was my first zombie TV show. We're Alive is my first audio drama ever. I've been reading comic books since 1989 (15+ longboxes filled with bagged and boarded comics), but I never got got into zombie stories. I bought The Walking Dead Compendium 1 for my wife, but I don't want to spoil the TV Show. I've always been big on Marvel, but I haven't given Marvel Zombies a shot. Anybody have any input on Marvel Zombies? Are there any other zombie titles out there do you read? What do you read normally? After AvX finished, my pull list has shrunk to just Venom & Wolverine and the X-Men, but I might get sucked into Marvel NOW!... especially with what the new Thunderbolts line-up is looking like

p.s.

Is it just me, or does anybody else think that We're Alive would make a great comic book? Maybe not the main storyline, but possibly what's going on in the rest of the world.
    Drop beats, not bombs. Fight war, not wars. When the heart does not know what it cannot do, it does everything. Revolution only works for those who participate. Start loving... I am ♥

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Yes/No/Maybe
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    You could try "Rex Zombie Killer". So far it's just a one-off double issue, but it's a fun read, and they're a sponsor of We're Alive.

Here's a link to the discussion thread on the Forum: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...+zombie+killer

An added bonus, the author is active on the Forums! http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/m...57-RobAnderson

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

War of the Undead is quite good.
    Zombies! Feast
    Zombies! Eclipse of the Undead
    Zombies Vs. Robots Aventure has some beautiful artwork
    Zombies Vs. Robots Vs. Amazons also has some beautiful art
    '68

There are buckets more, but I don't feel like dragging out any of my boxes to look.

joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Oh man, Marvel Zombies is bad...I mean REALLY bad. The only ones I liked even a bit were the Army of Darkness crossover and the current Halloween story, but the rest have been groan worthy at best.
    The Walking Dead started off pretty great back when the characters were likable, but the comic has gotten just as bad as the TV show.

The 28 days later comics weren't horrible - nothing that made you say "wow!", but I enjoyed the movies and I enjoyed the books enough to read them.

It's the problem facing most zombie stories: they make the human characters so unlikable and one dimensional that the story falls apart. Except for We're Alive - that has been the first and only zombie story in which I actually enjoy and relate to the characters, flaws and all.

What should make a zombie story truly scary and enjoyable at the same time is the inevitable feeling that the world is falling apart, but that there remains a sense of community and humanity - it's not about showing the goriest scene or having all of the survivors turn on each other, but rather about making the most of an awful situation and banding together to overcome the worst of odds. For the love of ALL, We're Alive needs a happy ending, if only to buck the tradition of everyone dying at the end or entering an uncertain future.

I may have to check our Rex Zombie Killer - I like animals and it's a pretty unique twist!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Re: a WA comic book - I would personally say no; the audio drama is by far the best medium for WA and I would completely welcome a second audio drama set in the same universe. A comic book would be like putting the blinders on and I feel like it would end up as just another walking dead clone.

A movie I would welcome as well, but only if it retained the charm and sensibility as the audio drama.

"Lurker"

Status
    For Zombies, most of time I prefer watching than reading, but It's great to try new things tho. Zombie Years seems get lots of nice feed back.

"Lurker"

Status
    During World War II, the concept of a graphic novel or history essay underwent a change - the creators of the comics were divided into artists and writers.
    Now I am reading All You Need Is Kill is a Japanese science fiction light novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka with illustrations by Yoshitoshi Abe. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Need_Is_Kill)
    Last edited by gugyhodge; Aug 7th, 2019 at 03:37 AM.