Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    And I took the bait.

Now I feel like a large mouthed b ass!

Sometimes a red snapper really is a fish.....
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    And I took the bait.

Miss you to bits friend
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    And I took the bait.

nsfw
    SPOILER 

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    While an interesting subject, as its been said already...kc has already said the names are just that...names
    Some of the names are just names... but also some have some meaning as well. I thought I was more vague than that... I'll have to follow that link...

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Some of the names are just names... but also some have some meaning as well. I thought I was more vague than that...
    The only way you could get more vague than this "not really, but yeah sometimes" response is if you just grunted and spit. Just sayin.

But the original point of this thread wasn't the names, it was the irreligiosity (is that a word?) of the survivors...No Army Chaplains survived? What about in Boulder? No church to placate the masses? ooooohhh It would be awesome, pure awesome, if we got to see the West Borrough people get mauled. That, alone would be worth the price of admission. "thank God for Zombie's! God hates Fa.... " ....Rawr, smack. etc... would be pure gold.
    Last edited by Blues_127; Oct 23rd, 2012 at 10:08 AM.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    It is really interesting to see what direction this particular thread has taken over the past few days. Names are just names, I concur.

Just imagine the sheer scale of the zombie pandemic. It - presumably - encompasses the whole world. Furthermore, anyone can be a victim. So, if your faith fails to protect you from zombie apocalypse, it becomes quite difficult to justify to go on believing, I guess. In my opinion, it even renders the whole "my religion is better than yours" irrelevant. On the down side, there might be some religious hardliners who will try to profit from the situation - as always.

One other point. Imagine that Tanya or someone else discovers a cure for all the zombies and that they become ordinary humans again. If an ex-zombie solemnly regrets his deeds right in front of you - would you be more likely to forgive him (as your religion expects you to do) or would you just grab your gun and tell that son of a bitch to stay away from you (and your remaining family)?

And last but not least, the Roman Catholic Church does not reject cannibalism not categorically. Funny, uh? Remember the plan crash in the Andes in 1972. The surviving members of an Uruguayian rugby team decided to eat their dead comrades and friends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Andes_flight_disaster

The Catholic church forgave them, quote "By December 23, all of the survivors had been rescued after the 72-day-long ordeal. In the aftermath, news outlets began to disseminate the gruesome story of “cannibalism” in the Andes, but the survivors found comfort when the Catholic Church officially declared that they had done the right thing in the face of extraordinary circumstances."

http://www.history.com/topics/alive/page2

So, if WA's zombies were infected by a virus or something similar, they can not be judged for their actions, can they?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues_127 View Post
    No Army Chaplains survived? What about in Boulder? No church to placate the masses?
    It's safe to assume that there was at least one army chaplain in Fort Irwin and at least one or two active churches in Boulder.

Was it important to the story? Not where we are at now at least. There might be some mention in the future if it's relative.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    While this question is not essential to the story, I suppose, I love to see KC's treatment of SOCIETY as a whole post Z day. It is an interesting thing for me to ponder. I suppose the journal spares us from certain innermost ponderings on an individual basis, as the journal author knows they will be read.

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Just imagine the sheer scale of the zombie pandemic...So, if your faith fails to protect you from zombie apocalypse, it becomes quite difficult to justify to go on believing,
    The world you know has fallen. You are in awe of nature, and the force that has brought this on you. The night is dark, and the days long. There is nothing in the physical world but work to comfort you; the time you once had for philosophical ponderings of a podcast's theology are taken up by labor. Not to mention (oh the humanity!!!) the horrible lack of podcasts!!!! There is no frame of reference to help you process all this. You have gone from first world troubles to archaic principles of kill or be killed. You are working harder for less obvious gain than you probably ever have in your life..... The only solace you hold, your refrain: if you die, you are going somewhere better (insert your faith here). Besides that, vengence is mine saith the Lord and He is going to use you as the instrument to make them reformed Zombie bastards pay!!! Or, you turn the other cheek, depending. There was an awesome Hurricane I experienced once. It was amazing how few athiest were walking around the next morning.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues_127 View Post
    [...] The only solace you hold, your refrain: if you die, you are going somewhere better (insert your faith here).[...]
    A buddhist's goal in life to put an end to the reincarnation circle and to end one's own spirtual existence, therefor it does not fit into your pattern. But yeah, I understand your opinion.

The big question for me would be "why is everyone I used to know dead?"

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Ok, names are just names.
    But wrapping my mind around the meaning of religion in thw WA-verse is pretty hard, as it had no (major) role in the show so far. And the only things I see are just two things: a few names with a possible religious inclination as well as the cursing ... That's the only two things connecting WA with religion or religious question - and that only, if you choose this pass of interpretation.

But wondering about the meta-question whether to forgive re-turned (cured) humans or to treat them like shit is somewhat challenging. And I wonder why there is a distinction between zombies and re-turned humans anyway. Since zombies in WA are living beings - especially according to the judgement of Tanya - the more important question would be: Why treat zombies like shit, although they still are human? OR better that way: What exactly makes the zeehs inhuman allowing anyone to shoot them on first sight - based on moral, ethics and religious beliefs? Wasn't there an article around on the WWW about the top ten bible-quotes that refer to something like zombies???

Well, anyway ... Way to much for me. Plz, forgive my rambling ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Oct 23rd, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast