User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    I may be wrong, but my memory tells me that Tanya tried the hardcore meds on the slow turner and realized the meds wouldn't stop him from turning.
    And even if this understand is wrong, even with this special antibiotics there is the problem with producing enough of it and using it on turned humans ...
    I don't think she ever said what she tried specifically....and just based on my assumtions from listening this is how it happened in my brain

She got someone bit, gave them antibiotic #1.....they lasted a few days before turning

got another bit, gave them antibiotic #2....they lasted a week before turning

She got bit/scratched, decided two is better than one and administered the molotov cocktail to herself in haste to try and buy time, but has seemingly fought it off until now.....She chalked that up as a win and gave it to Saul as her pressumed vaccination.

And i think there is a clear difference in antidote vs vaccination. As in the meds must be administered before the person has turned, if its given after, I don't think it will reverse the affects. So it's only a vaccine, not an antidote....and Tanya hasn't pressed forward with her theory because they were such ridiculous strong meds that she knows there is not an abundance of them...

Again, this is all TOTAL speculation...I don't necessarily have any evidence to back it up...Because in all honesty, if she even had an idea that she found the vaccine, wouldn't she tell SOMEone at Ft. Irwin to try and get her hands on the stuff and make more?....especially michael?
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    I don't think she ever said what she tried specifically....and just based on my assumtions from listening this is how it happened in my brain
    Tanya sais so in #20-2 when she treats Saul. She describes the stuff as the last ressort ('these two are the strongest'), and a few minutes later she sais that she tried it on one if the creatures; and as Burt asks about her having captured a zed, she clarifies the test on the slow turner ...
    Maybe I stretch it a little, but to me that sounds like her having had an infected person which she tried to rescue with the "last ressort", and because she failed saving him the slow-turner was euthanized before it finsihed turning after all ... Maybe the antibiotics slowed the turning, maybe it was a genetic attribute of the victim, maybe it was both ... I think this remains a mystery for now ...

BUT: I have no recollection of Tanya having taken this mixture of anti-biotics herself ... Anyone?

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Oct 25th, 2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: butchering English is no fun, if the butchering is so obvious ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    BUT: I have no recollection of Tanya having taken this mixture of anti-biotics herself ... Anyone?

All the best!
    Liam

No, me neither. She's not likely to mention having taken any of the drugs prior to her bite marks being discovered at Fort Irwin. If she did say something then it would reveal that she had been bitten. After her bites were discovered she doesn't mention taking any of the drugs herself, but says that she gave some to the slow turner.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Scavenger"

Status
    I could be wrong but I believe both of the meds used on Saul were for bacteria. That would give is an insight to what kind of infection they're dealing with. I know one is used to treat Malaria and even acne and the other is very very strong and its name comes from the word "vanquish". Im not sure if either could cure something in the brain though. I need to do some research.

"Scavenger"

Status
    And Tanya said she tried them on the slow turner, meaning he/she was already a slow turner before the meds were administered. There is more to this than just the meds. Maybe because it was on a drip for Saul was making a difference. It was slowly added to his system over a long period of time.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930