User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    "Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hi there,

@Solanine: Thank you for the recommendations. You could not know - but if there is one author on Mother Earth I really don't enjoy reading, then it is Stephen King; I only managed to get through two titles ("Stand by me" and "Misery"); any other story I stopped reading after a handful of pages; I simply don't enjoy his style. But I know: I am special about it; everyone around me enjoys reading S. King. But I like watching the movies based on his stories. Weird, isn't it?
    "Ender's Game" sounds interesting and promissing; do I understand it correctly - it is a quintet of novels?

All the best!
    Liam
    I've only read the first Novel, "Enders Game"and it stood up pretty well as a stand alone piece.
    I keep meaning to order the next couple of novels from my library but I'm lazy as hell.

"Lurker"

Status
    A free podcast novel that I enjoyed is "Dead Mech" by Jake Bible. Future world with Zombies.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    hmm...

heres one for ya. public enemy zero by andrew mayne. andrew began writing books in the last few years and this one was one of his earliest works. his "zombie" concept for this book is quite original and i found it to be a fun read....feels like "the prisoner" with zombies...and no one armed man. i hate to tell ya the premise, but its way badass
    Badass = win! Always .. I am a huge fan of "Badass of the Week"; have both books and am looking forward to getting the third one being in print soon!
    And thank you! I have added "Public Enemy Zero" to my list.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Breathers is really awesome.
    Patient Zero is pretty ok.
    Zombie CSU is a decent read.
    Dead of Night.

Thank you very much! I have added Zombie CSU and Dead of Night as well ... Just a quick confirmation: "Zombie CSU" by Maberry; but "Dead of Night" by whom? I have at least direct hits on Amazon with different authors, and there are some more near hits having "Dead of Night" in the title as well ... All of them??? Or do you have one specific in mind?
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoGunner View Post
    A free podcast novel that I enjoyed is "Dead Mech" by Jake Bible. Future world with Zombies.
    Yeah, I have considered listening to it. No idea what came inbetween ... Thank you for pushing me into the direction again.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    -As mentioned before, day by day armageddon by JL Bourne is great because of the journal style.
    -Another one I recommend is Peter Clines' Ex-Heroes and Ex-Patriots. Great zombie stores with a twist that there are super heroes in this world. It weird to read the description but Peter writes with a skill of a screen writer so you can picture these awesome battles in this book.

have not read any world scales ones though.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fraygos View Post
    -As mentioned before, day by day armageddon by JL Bourne is great because of the journal style.
    -Another one I recommend is Peter Clines' Ex-Heroes and Ex-Patriots. Great zombie stores with a twist that there are super heroes in this world. It weird to read the description but Peter writes with a skill of a screen writer so you can picture these awesome battles in this book.

have not read any world scales ones though.
    Thank you very much. The "Ex-Patriots" I didn't have on my list yet. Have added it ...

Now, let's have a look (this list follows no specific order, but tries to highlight on the general nature of things based on Amazon-descriptions (red entries); the order is pretty random and follows no priority):

• Zombie CSU by "Jonathan Maberry" zombie-forensics - MUST HAVE
    • Patient Zero by "Jim Beck" from the perspective of a medical treatment gone wrong
    • Breathers: a Zombie's Lament by "S.G. Browne" living as a zombie - comedy
    • Day by Day Armageddon Serie by "J.L. Bourne" diary style story of survival
    • Enemy Series by "Charlie Higson" story of survival - children and youths vs. zombie-grown-ups
    • Rot & Ruin Series by "Jonathan Maberry" story of survival - teens vs. zombies
    • Tooth and Nail by "Craig diLouie" soldiers vs. zombies
    • The Infection by "Craig diLouie" a story of survival
    • On the Killing Floor by "Craig diLouie" follow-up of 'The Infection'
    • Plague of the Dead by "Z.A. Recht" a story of survival
    • Beyond the Barriers by "Timothy W. Long" a story of survival
    • Rise-Series by "Gareth Wood" a story of survival
    • Remains of the Dead by "Iain McKinnon" a story of survival, with !
    • Ex Heroes by "Peter Cline" super-heroes vs. zombies in zeeh-pocalypse
    • Ex Patriots by "Peter Cline" super-soldiers vs. zombies in zeeh-pocalypse
    • Patient Zero by "Jonathan Maberry" (corrected, thank you Osiris!) action horror
    • Dead of Night by "Jonathan Maberry" (thanks Osiris for clarification) zeeh-pocalypse
    • The Reapers are the Angels by "Alden Bell" zeeh-pocalypse
    • The Zombie Combat Manual by "Roger Ma" most likely not a must-have
    • Zombie Apocalypse Preparation by "David Houchins, Scot Thomas" for the lols

not zombie-themed:
    • Public Enemy Zero by "Andrew Mayne" ? - a story of survival, one against all
    • Orphan Series by "Robert Beuttner" SF - story of survival
    • War For Profit Trilogy by "Gideon Fleisher" military hard SF
    • Stallion Six (stand-alone part four of "War For Profit-Series") by "Gideon Fleisher" military hard SF
    • The Profession by "Stephen Pressfield" dystopian
    • Gates of Fire by "Stephen Pressfield" historical novel around 300 Spartans

I put this one extra, 'cause it is not available as Kindle eBook: Into the Looking Glas and Vorpal Blade by John Ringo ...

Well ... Looks like I have something to do ... Too bad that I will have my final written exam in late January 2013 ... So I think I will take tiny steps; but with February 2013 the hard'n'heavy reading kicks in, right?

All the best!
    Liam

P.S.: oh my ... just crunched numbers ... All titles together end up at around 225 Bucks in EUR, which would be like about 295 USD; just considering the zombie-titles it is around 180EUR or 235USD ... Well ...Small steps ...
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Oct 20th, 2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: added a title ...
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Pin

Dead of Night is also by Jonathan Maberry.

Also, it should be imortant to note that Patient Zero is also a Jonathan Maberry book. I don't know anything about the Jim Beck book you have listed.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Also read The Reapers Are The Angels by Alden Bell. It's pretty good.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Dead of Night is also by Jonathan Maberry.

Also, it should be imortant to note that Patient Zero is also a Jonathan Maberry book. I don't know anything about the Jim Beck book you have listed.
    Thank you so much.

This "Patient Zero" was written by Jim Beck:
    http://www.amazon.de/Patient-Zero-eb...0689424&sr=1-2

And that's the one you have mentioned then, the one by Maberry:
    http://www.amazon.de/Patient-Zero-eb...0689424&sr=1-1

That drives me crazy. Entering titles in Amazon so often results in the same title for different books/ novels/ narrations/ whatever ... Is this the result of the Kindle-system allowing people to write stuff without double-checking if things already exist or the chosen title is attached to a different work? No clue. But now I know and corrected my list ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast