User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    If you're interested in military Sci-Fi I would recommend Gordon Fleischer's "War For Profit Trilogy", which is available as a fairly cheap download from Amazon. It's the story of German man's career as a mercenary tank soldier in the distant future. One book of the trilogy includes a great example of how mechanized forces can deal with an isolated zombie outbreak.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    If you're interested in military Sci-Fi I would recommend Gordon Fleischer's "War For Profit Trilogy", which is available as a fairly cheap download from Amazon. It's the story of German man's career as a mercenary tank soldier in the distant future. One book of the trilogy includes a great example of how mechanized forces can deal with an isolated zombie outbreak.
    Stephen Pressfeild has an awesome book along the same line (Mercenary in the not to distant future) called The Profession. Exelent read and I'm sure you have already read his book Gates of Fire, I made it required reading for everyone in my squad in Iraq.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Thank you so much for the hard SF and military SF recommendations. I haven't been into that for now; but it's never too late to get into it, right?

Now, that's quite a long list of recoms I received here ... Something's to do about it, I guess ... Like reading?

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

This is a very good one. I've read many of the others listed already but this is my favorite. http://www.amazon.com/Deadlocked-Com...rds=deadlocked
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    This is a very good one. I've read many of the others listed already but this is my favorite. http://www.amazon.com/Deadlocked-Com...rds=deadlocked
    have you noticed? There also is a part 5 available which is set like 20 years later then what happens in Deadlock #1-#4 ...
    This is an intersting title. Thank you. Have put it on my list as well ...

Now I just need to receive my Kindle PW, and I am happy. Might take like 1.5 months from now on ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    The stand. It will keep you going for EVER and kindle has to be the best way to read it (the book its self ways a lot being 1400 pages long). Its post apocalyptic not zombie but its a really great book.

if you are considering some sci fi "Enders game" is excellent. Only just read it through my library but it is very good.
    Talking of libraries, quite a few have ebook facilities via websites etc. If your anything like me you burn through books so fast you'd need apples income just to keep yourself satiated.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

@Solanine: Thank you for the recommendations. You could not know - but if there is one author on Mother Earth I really don't enjoy reading, then it is Stephen King; I only managed to get through two titles ("Stand by me" and "Misery"); any other story I stopped reading after a handful of pages; I simply don't enjoy his style. But I know: I am special about it; everyone around me enjoys reading S. King. But I like watching the movies based on his stories. Weird, isn't it?
    "Ender's Game" sounds interesting and promissing; do I understand it correctly - it is a quintet of novels?

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hi there,

@Solanine: Thank you for the recommendations. You could not know - but if there is one author on Mother Earth I really don't enjoy reading, then it is Stephen King; I only managed to get through two titles ("Stand by me" and "Misery"); any other story I stopped reading after a handful of pages; I simply don't enjoy his style. But I know: I am special about it; everyone around me enjoys reading S. King. But I like watching the movies based on his stories. Weird, isn't it?
    "Ender's Game" sounds interesting and promissing; do I understand it correctly - it is a quintet of novels?

All the best!
    Liam
    not so wierd, i could only read a couple of kings books. IT, Cell, and like one or two others i think, and that's it.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    hmm...

heres one for ya. public enemy zero by andrew mayne. andrew began writing books in the last few years and this one was one of his earliest works. his "zombie" concept for this book is quite original and i found it to be a fun read....feels like "the prisoner" with zombies...and no one armed man. i hate to tell ya the premise, but its way badass
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Breathers is really awesome.
    Patient Zero is pretty ok.
    Zombie CSU is a decent read.
    Dead of Night.

joint-point-counter-joint

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast