User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguine View Post
    It sounds like there is a quite the snow storm kicking in Boulder right now, I mean with the wind and all in the background.

Oh.. the horns honking and the car alarm going off right before Datu and Hope.. what episode is that reused from? I had a flashback moment...
    My thought would be chapter three when angel amd saul distracted the zombies with the alarm, but i could be wrong."

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I'm just waiting for someone to go off on Kimmet. He's the reason Boulder is going under. It's gotta be Michael, right?

Awesome episode!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Kimmet is so in "the bigger picture thing" that he misses the forest for all the trees ... I keep facepalming about him.
    But I also like him. He not only sees the big picture, he also thinks big ... Like Nukes? How awesome is that? Next step would be the BFG9000, right?

And the code for activating the nuke should be this one: 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

And about infecting the wrong person: If that's gonna happen, it really could be "Byebye Fort Irwin", I guess ... What a blast!
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    So I happily hopped over to the best Podcast evar to listen to the next installment.

"It Only Takes One"

*whimper*

I was thinking the 'private line' might be some Black research facility or something, but noooo, people called it right. Somehow though, we all saw the option on the table. Just a phone call away. All it would take is a code. Do inklings retain That sort of memory? Cause things might get very bad for Irwin.

All this kinda overshadows the human drama over 200 folks at the colony. But I'm rather glad Michael said it! if Boulder goes, That's it, There's no goddamn point anymore, to Irwin or to their Operations. Society is done.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Trying some maths:

Sometime within the last two hours between the last contact with Boulder and realizing that the coms are down it all started ...
    It took the technicians a few hours to realize that the com-problems are not at the end of Boulder, but need to be at Boulder then ...
    Another like 20 minutes to half an hour later the first contact is taking place between team Echo and Robbins's blackhawk ...
    At that point already less then 8.200 men (national guard, veterans from Iraq and other soliders/ forces) at arms in Boulder have hard times dealing with already a few hundred infected within the walls of Boulder ...

Let's crunch numbers: How quickly there will be thousands of Infected in Boulder?
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    @Liam: Naaaa, that's neither simple nor dramatic enough!

Please pay attention to the timeframe between 0:40 and 0:53 seconds. Well, thanks a hell of a code sequence!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB4l5hqh0dc

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Question:
    Robbins speak of three units ben taken down by those things within minutes. What is the size of a unit? One man, a group of 5 or 8 or 10 men?

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Recall the chapter art with the big jet leaving Ft. Irwin? Remember how it looked like it was flying towards a giant mushroom cloud? In your face foreshadowing!

So I loved it when Michael put it into perspective by saying that Boulder could be the very last human civilization in the world and now, we are going to nuke it. The zombies got us by the short and curlies. Also, I'm thinking Michael may have stumbled onto something when Robbins said, "These things are like the soldier versions of them." I'm think either of two things ran through Michaels head when he said, "What did you say?" He was either thinking, "Fuck, the Inklings made it to Boulder after all. Just as I had thought." or he was thinking, "Soldier zombies? Fuck, these things ARE created by something else? A general? Is that was the creature in the pinstripe suit is? Holy falcon shit, too much to digest right now. I'd better keep this to myself for now, and potentially reveal it to my friends at a moment that is most inconvenient to everyone."

I think an opinion poll is very much warranted; we should be placing votes on who from our original tower crew is going to survive the exodus from Boulder? I'm hoping that Hope eats it. She'll remove her bandages and the first thing she'll see with her fixed eyes is an Inkling running at full speed to tackle her. Datu seems to have shed his paralyzing fear and become quite the bad ass. Kelly...I hope getting laid hasn't made her soft. Put a semi-auto in her hands and I'm sure she could bring swift justice to the biters. As for Pegs....um, hopefully Lady survives!

I'm curious as to what the title refers to, aside from the one Inkling that infected a great number of Boulder's population. Possibly it refers to the nuke? It only takes one to destroy a city? Or does it refer to Datu, the hero who will rise up with his mighty pick-axe and decimate the entire Inkling population running rampant in Boulder? It only takes one...pissed off Filipino with a pick-axe!

I'm wondering if in the long run, Michael will be forced to make a very tough decision to nuke L.A. or Ft. Irwin. A Beneath the Planet of the Apes type ending would rock.

Michael: "Damn, you...damn you all to hell!"
    *cut to muted explosion mushrooming up through the clouds*
    fade to black and credits crawl
    Last edited by Adventureless_Hero; Oct 1st, 2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: had more to say, didn't want to double post
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Question:
    Robbins speak of three units ben taken down by those things within minutes. What is the size of a unit? One man, a group of 5 or 8 or 10 men?

All the best!
    Liam
    Usually a unit is somewhere from around 100-200 soldiers. But in the case of such a dwarfed military size it's probably 20 soldiers or so I would imagine.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Thank you, Pillars.

Yeah, maybe 20 ... At the end of #34-1 the Ms. Uhura tells Kimmet, Michael and Puck that a few units got back into headquarters (at Boulder I assume) ... That supports small sizes for the units ...

Ok. Now, the Irwin-Knights are going to mast the impossible ... How would they try to perform the rescue-mission? Simply giving specific orders to Boulder-HQ? Or by flying there and trying to transport as many as possible out of Boulder?
    And how long will this take?
    Since we are already at at least half a day of zombies rampaging in Boulder and having pressed the military services there pretty hard, how much longer would Boulder be able to keep people alive?
    We have noticed several situations in which zombies simply did as they pleased - they have little trouble taking down units of military personnel, and they also have little trouble with breaking into fortified houses ... So, if they have at least the scent of the regulars or - as some of us assume or fear - they retain their knowledge from their human-life than it would be a safe assumption that Boulder is already down and only a little miracle will safe lives.

Since Kelly, Pegs, Hope and Datu played a major role so far I guess they will have their share and probably survive this - well except maybe for Kelly (I would be sorry about her going down with Boulder though). And how many more people would stand a chance to survive?
    Since Kelly and Pegs are in the North of Boulder and IF the North of Boulder has not been hit by 'em Zeds so far, then maybe a good portion of Boulderites could be saved - somehow-ish ... But how do you rescue people with only few choppers, planes and especially a lack of gasoline - and all of that in the middle of stormy weather-conditions?

Well ... Call me a pessimist ... But I think Boulder and the survivors there are done ... There will be no more then maybe two- or threehunded who would stand a chance to survive - if that many at all ...

Chapter #34 / December 16th is a dark hour for the survivors - even darker then what has happened on May 8th ...
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast