The third week of the season looks to be an interesting one. We have seen some major upsets and teams not perform as we have expected. And the injuries are building up. I was hoping that would not be so, but here we go.

Injuries

Fred Jackson
(Knee) He will be out at least 3 more weeks. Do not expect them to rush Jackson back in with Spiller doing so well.

John Skelton
(Ankle) Was out last week, looks like Kolb will get the start again.

Ryan Matthews
(Clavicle) He looks to play but was still listed as questionable. Keep en eye on game time status.

Aaron Hernandez
(Ankle) He is out Sunday and looks to be out for a a few weeks.

Rashard Jennings
(Knee) No real word if he will play but looks to be out.

Steven Jackson
(Groin) No Practice all week and looks to be out on Sunday.

Brandon Lloyd
(Thigh) Keep an eye out for his game time status if you need him in a slot.

Jonathon Stewart
(Toe/Ankle) He is out, Williams is in.

Hakeem Nicks
(Foot) No Play for this wide out. Victor Cruz is the #1 guy for the Giants.

Ahmad Bradshaw
(Neck) Should be back next week.

Pierre Garcon
(Foot) Do not expect him to play this weekend.

Matt Forte
(Ankle) he is out. Should be a boon for Micheal Bush owners.

Marques Colston
(Foot) Should play. Keep an eye on game time status.

Jeremy Maclin
(Hip) Even if he is in, it looks like he will be limited.

Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity) vs Winter Nom Noms (Mrscott101)

Matt Shaub vs Tony Romo
Shaub is a tough play against any team at this time. He will not be a big scorer in a fantasy league as long as they have a strong 2 prong attack on the ground with Tate and Foster. The Broncos D got thrashed last week but that may not happen twice in a row, even though I do not think they have a chance against this running game, leaving the passing game wanting a bit. Tampa allowed Eli Manning to throw 510 yards this last week. I wonder if Romo will go to the air...yes and often. Tony Romo will take this match.

Alex Smith vs Andy Dalton
Both these guys look good this week. The Vikings look to have a weak secondary letting Smith open a way up through the air and put to good use his wide outs and tight end. The Redskins defense is not as tough on the pass as we were expecting this season giving Dalton an opening as well. Both are skilled QB's but Smith has experience and that's where I side with. Alex Smith takes this match.

Frank Gore vs Adrian Peterson
Two great RB's. Peterson has surpassed all expectations for his health and tenacity this early in the season. He faces a tough rush defense that could slow him down. The Vikings defense is tougher against the rush than the pass and could slow Gore down. Not too much in my opinion. Frank Gore takes this match.

Alfred Morris vs Mark Ingram
Morris is the top RB for the Redskins right now. Shannahan looks to have calmed down with the switch-a-roo that he likes to pull on his players. Morris' downside is that his biggest competition for the ball is RG III who took 2 rushing TD's away from Morris last week. Ingram is not the horse for the Saints. But he is their main red zone RB meaning that he has more chance to line up those TD's than say Sproles. He is a tough play save for that. I like Mark Ingram for this match.

Vincent Jackson vs A.J. Green
Green is Dalton's #1 wide out. Green is Dalton's only true wide out. Sure he has other targets but Green is his best target. I think Green is top notch but he is going to need another receiver of note to take some heat off of him. Jackson is not Freeman's only target. That helps. Dallas will try to step up and slow him down but that just may not be possible. They will stop Freeman before Jackson. Even then, Vincent Jackson takes this match.

Kevin Ogletree vs Victor Cruz
Ogletree was a waiver wire blitz for most leagues. It is not a surprise he did not match his week one numbers. But he is not to be ignored as he does have the talent, and a weak Tampa secondary, to shine great this week. Cruz made up big time for a weak starting game. He will do great against another weak passing defense this week as well. Victor Cruz takes this match.

Vernon Davis vs Brandon Pettigrew
The Titans do not know how to defend against the TE. This makes Pettigrew a prime candidate for big points this week. He should score big with Stafford throwing to him as often as we expect him to. Davis has shown that he is a steady horse for Alex Smith this year again. The Vikings may make a tough opponent, I don't think so but some say that, but do not think that they can contain the great TE. Vernon Davis takes this match.

Torrey Smith vs Percy Harvin
Harvin will be Ponders big target again. But the Niners have a pretty decent pass defense as well. And I expect them to rely on there ground game more than the Vikings will rely on there passing game. Smith has the speed to get some great numbers this weekend. The Patriots started off strong as a defense but last week showed where even a mediocre team such as the Cardinals could exploit the weaknesses of there secondary. Flacco has stepped up as a top QB and this could end up being a huge game for Smith and his speed. Torrey Smith takes this match.

49ers vs Chiefs
Okay, to start, I am not even sure why I see the Chiefs defense in front of me. If there is a team with low expectations, it is this one. This team has not got positive points yet this season and face the Saints, who may be 0-2 but can potentially put up huge points. The 49ers still have what it takes. Though they face The Vikings resilient rushing game, I do not think this will hurt too bad. The 49ers take this match.

It looks like Azoic defenders will go for 2 wins in a row.

Get To Da Choppa! (Joosbawx) vs Voodoo Children (Nikvoodoo)

Drew Brees vs Matthew Stafford
This could be Stafford's big game fantasy owners have been looking for this season. The Titans are a weak defense that will be unable to stop Stafford and his #1 wide out Calvin Johnson. The being said the Chiefs will not be able to slow down Brees, who even with 2 losses has done well fantasy wise. Drew Brees takes this match.

Cam Newton vs Joe Flacco
Flacco could have a tough time against the Patriots defense. That being said he looks like he has grown enough as a QB to capitalize on some holes that the Pats seem to have. Can Newton is up against the Giants who will probably give up yards even as they win. Cam has enough weapons and talent at his disposal to make this a big game. Cam Newton takes this match.

DeMarco Murray vs Maurice Jones_Drew
MJD is facing a super weak defense with the Colts. They have given up large amounts of yards to the rush. This looks to be a great day for him. Murray is an awesome back that faces Tampa who tends to stick against the run well. I do not think they will do so well with Murray running it down there throats. Even with that Maurice Jones-Drew takes this match.

Trent Richardson vs C.J. Spiller
Richardson showed what we all expected in week 1 during his play in week 2. Now he faces another weak run D. Yeah a must play he is. Spiller is bad ass. And he does not tend to get as injured as quick say as Fred Jackson. Cleveland has no run defense so he will have another big day. C.J. Spiller takes this match.

Jordy Nelson vs Steve Johnson
If Jennings is back, Nelson will take a hit for points but still is a great #2 option considering how much Rodgers likes to spread out his passes. The Seahawks can have a tough pass rush that could also cut into his value. Johnson is the main target for Fitzgerald. Add in that I do not think the Browns can hold back both the run and air attack and Johnson should have a great day. Steve Johnson takes this match.

Reggie Wayne vs Antonio Brown
Wallace may have come back and showed he is still the #1 wide out for the Steelers but Brown has showed he is more consistent. I am not impressed by the Raiders defense so Brown is looking at a decent showing this week. Wayne is one of the last veterans for Andrew Luck to target, and oh does he target him. Due to the fact I do not think the Jags can slow Wayne down, this match goes to Reggie Wayne.

Kyle Rudolph vs Jimmy Graham
TE's are the Niners achilles heel. Ponder of the Vikings has shown that he likes to target Rudolph and expect him to get targeted heavily. Graham has gained good yards and a TD in his last couple of games. Facing the Chiefs won't slow him down. Jimmy Graham takes this match.

Doug Martin vs BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Martin may have struggled in his last game but do not worry on this one. The Seahawks give up a lot of yards to the run and will have there hands full trying to contain Vincent Jackson. The Law Firm has dug in and showed he is the #1 back that the Patriots never used properly. With the Redskins wanting in the D department against the run expect a great game from him. BenJarvus Green-Ellis takes this match.

Giants vs Eagles
The Eagles have surprised me these last couple weeks. More so the 1st game of the season than the last. The Cardinals should be easy money for the Eagles but they surprised us last week against the Patriots so we will see. The Giants have shown weakness in the backfield as well as injuries. Can Newton is just very talented and will take advantage of this defense. The Eagles take this match up.

I think Voodoo Children takes this match.

Team Braindead (Socali) vs Clear Sights (Clear Sights)

Matt Ryan vs Jay Cutler
Ryan is going to do well, just do not expect him to take down the Chargers as easily as he did the Broncos last week. He will have a good game. The question now rises about the Falcons running game if Turner gets suspended this week for his DUI arrest. Cutler melted down last week badly. He should have a better game this week and faces a far easier defense than last week. Ryan would take this hands down, but until I hear more about Turner, Jay Cutler takes this match.
Update: Matt Ryan will take this match. Turner should not effect the game play for the Falcons too much.

Micheal Vick vs Josh Freeman
Vick needs his offensive line to step up and start giving him coverage or he will get hurt. His wide outs have taken a hit with Maclin playing injured and the Cardinals will try to put some pressure on him like they did Brady last week. Freeman plays the 3rd top pass defense in the league right now. His number will take a hit even with Jackson under the ball he throws most of the time. Micheal Vick takes this match.

Marshawn Lynch vs Arian Foster
Foster is the Texans offense. Him and Ben Tate. There passing game is fine but this offense goes through there legs. Foster will destroy any run defense the Broncos can muster. Lynch will be the main weapon for the Seahawks as well. The Packers are a better defense and will do everything they can to stop him. Arian Foster takes this match.

Micheal Turner vs Darren McFadden
It is said that Turners DUI should not effect his availability for Sunday. It really depends on Goodell, the NFL commissioner. That being said, the Chargers will do a good job a slowing him down, even more so now with his mind be clouded by off field antics. Run DMC may be able to find the wholes he needs to make the Steelers unable to contain him. The Steelers may be able to hold him. He is still the best bet for this match. Darren McFadden takes this match up.

Andre Johnson vs Larry Fitzgerald
Kolb does not like to target Fitzgerald. Why we do not know, but in comparison to Skelton, Kolb just does not utilize his #1 wide out at all. Johnson is plagued with another problem. An effective rushing game. He will have a tough time getting his numbers but that being said I think Larry Fitzgerald will take this match.

Dwayne Bowe vs Roddy White
The Saints have no secondary. Bowe will shine. White seems to not have any problems with a lingering groin injury. He should see a lot of action as the Falcons running game is going to take a hit one way or another. Dwayne Bowe will take this match.

Tony Gonzales vs Antonio Gates
Gates is questionable for this game due to his ribs. Keep an eye on his availability. If he does play and is not at 100% expect the Chargers to take it easy on him. It is said to be unrealistic that Gonzalez will get a TD every week. I think it is more unrealistic to think that this player is not doing everything he can to make what may be his last season to be his best ever. Tony Gonzalez takes this match.

Reggie Bush vs Steve Smith
Bush has had a lot of doubters. I am not one. He has shown that he is a true RB and should be treated as one. Defenses who overlooked him are paying for that now. Even against a top defense he is a must play and will have a good week even facing the Jets. On that note Smith will have a great game with a nearly non-existent secondary trying to contain him. He will have double digits for sure. As much as I like Bush, Steve Smith takes this match.

Dolphins vs Steelers
Both of these defense have there weak points. Lets look at the good side. The Steelers secondary could easily shut down Palmer. The Dolphins seem to have a good history against the Jets. I have little faith in Sanchez, So the Dolphins take this match.

Team Braindead should take this match.

Cats HateHitler (Mem) vs Paint Huffing Warriors (TCM Revolver)

Carson Palmer vs Tom Brady
The Patriots may be a bit off kelter after a surprising upset to the Cardinals and losing Aaron Hernandez. The Ravens are a tough defense but right now are not holding up against a good passing game as well as we expect. Not often do I have doubt about Brady, but right now it is beginning to linger in there. Palmer is getting points just because of the amount of balls he is passing. 97 times he has passed in 2 games. If Oakland’s running game ever picks up he may lose value but right now he is the big money. The Steelers will slow him down but Carson Palmer takes this match.

Sam Bradford vs Robert Griffin III
RG III has turned into that 2 pronged attack we all were hoping for. The Bengals will struggle to stop him. Bradford is high on the horse after last weeks surprising numbers. The Bears can be a tougher defense but right now there team solidarity is in question. Even then I cannot bet against RG III. Robert Griffin III takes this match.

Ray Rice vs Matt Forte
Off the bat, Forte has a high ankle sprain that will more than likely keep him off the field. Check his availability on Friday. Rice is more than 50% of the Ravens offense. The Patriots will try to load the box to make him a non-factor but you should not have to worry about this. Ray Rice takes this match.

Stevan Ridley vs Willis McGahee
The Texans will slow McGahee down more than you would like. He will still have a good night but do not expect last weeks numbers. Ridley is the #1 back for the Patriots. He will get more than his normal workload considering Hernandez may not make a showing this week. Willis McGahee will take this match.

Calvin Johnson vs Wes Welker
News on Welker says this may be his last season with the Patriots. Well that is next year and we can see by last weeks numbers that he is still a big part of this offense. If that is the numbers you get being phased out then damn what happens when they use him to his full potential. Do not worry about Johnson's foot. He will have an awesome weekend against a sad defense. Calvin Johnson takes this match.

Dez Bryant vs Julio Jones
The Chargers will work hard on shutting down Jones like we saw last week. I do not expect that twice in a row and expect more normal numbers from him. Bryant faces off with a defense that was unable to stop Eli Manning last week. This should give him a great weekend. Dez Bryant takes this match.

Rob Gronkowski vs Jacob Tamme
The Gronk is going to be main TE for a double TE system. That bodes well for him. What does not bode well is that the Ravens are going to do everything they can to make him a non-factor. Tamme is still a favorite target for Manning. Do not let last weeks slip between this duo worry you. The Texans will be a stout defense and Tamme will be Manning's go to guy in a pinch. Rob Gronkowski takes this match.

Miles Austin vs Peyton Hillis
Hillis is at best 3rd down in your line up. He has game when he gets to play but right now the Chiefs run game is not a huge factor as they play from behind as often as they do. Any Dallas wide out is worth big bucks this week. Tampa gave up 510 yards in the air last weekend and Austin is at 100%. Miles Austin takes this match.

Seahawks vs Bengals
Both these guys face tough opponents. The Bengals will get tore up by the Redskins and RG III. But the Seahawks did well at slowing down Romo last week. Rodgers is no Romo. The Bengals take this match.

It looks like Cats HateHitler takes this match up easily.

Team Devil Dogs (USMCludwig) vs Mallers Da Winna (COsurvivor)

Peyton Manning vs Aaron Rodgers
The Seahawks slowed down Romo last weekend. Rodgers is a step above Romo. The Seahawks will slow him down as well but maybe not as much as Romo. Manning had a rough start last week as he threw 3 picks in the 1st quarter alone. The Texans are not going to make it any easier. Do not expect Manning to take as bad of a dive as last week but also do not expect huge numbers either. Aaron Rodgers takes this match.

Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Eli Manning
No main RB for the Giants means that they will lean on Manning and his arm more. Since it is Carolina he is facing expect another great game. I do not think he will get two 500 yard games in a row but he will try. Fitzpatrick will have a tougher game than the rout that happen to the Chiefs last week. He will throw more as they will not need to burn the clock as much. The Browns won't put up too stiff of a resistance. Still, Eli Manning takes this match.

LeSean McCoy vs Mike Goodson
Goodson is the #2 RB for Oakland. If Run DMC gets hurt he is in. As a #2 back on a fantasy team, you best pray for McFadden to get injure. Last week was more luck that he was in play for a catch than not. McCoy will be the horse that he is. The Cardinals had a big upset last week but McCoy should be able to shred whatever defense is put up against him. LeSean McCoy takes this match.

Chris Johnson vs Ryan Williams
C.J., well good luck if you wanna go with him. He may have a better chance to bounce out some big points this week, but of course double digits would be big for him. Williams will have a tough game this weekend. As he almost lost the game last week, we will see if his coaches still have faith in him. Yup I am gonna say it. Chris Johnson takes this match.

Mike Wallace vs Brandon Marshall
Cutler seemed to have a breakdown last week. This one should go better considering the easy defense they face. Marshall will not be as covered as last week and should do much better. Wallace will have all the time to get deep and be open the whole way. With a nearly non-existent running game for the Steelers, expect all there wide outs to do well. This match goes to Mike Wallace.

Marques Colston vs Micheal Crabtree
Both of these secondaries are worthless. It is just a question of who has more potential for a big game. Well even though there were 2 bad games for the Saints this will be a cakewalk for them. Brees will have an easy time landing the ball to his #1 wide out. His only downfall is how many weapons there are for Brees. Crabtree will have a decent game but when the Niners get ahead they will keep the ball in the sure hands of Frank Gore. Marques Colston takes this match.

Jared Cook vs Martellus Bennett
Cook is the only sure thing the Titans have on there offense. No rushing game and a hurt QB. Nicks is out, so expect Bennett's value to skyrocket. He was already a must play and now should gain good numbers. Martellus Bennett takes this match. He will still get his numbers. Add in that Carolina is not prepared to stop him and Martelus Bennett takes this match

Jamaal Charles vs Darren Sproles
Okay, Charles hurt his left knee, again. Does this bother anyone else. It does me. In my opinion expect Peyton Hillis to be the new #1 back for the Chiefs. Sproles is an anomaly. He is getting points more as a wide receiver than anything as a running back. This week they face the Chiefs, a defense that has not stopped anyone yet this season. Maybe this week we will see the best of both worlds from Sproles. Darren Sproles takes this match.

Texans vs Ravens
2 good defenses. The Ravens face the Patriots and have all the tools to stop them as well as the Cardinals did last week. But there is also the potential to get scored on big time. The Texans face the Broncos and should have no problem holding them in check. The Texans win this match.

It will be a tough fight but Team Devil Dogs will take this match.