User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie-Bane View Post
    Sniper here. No center mass. It's also better to have someone alive and screaming. Not only is it good bait, it takes out many more people to carry the guy out and take care of him.
    I meant, "No, we shoot center mass too." Then the rest follows for why.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I meant, "No, we shoot center mass too." Then the rest follows for why.
    Well pin a rose on your deadly accurate nose!

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. I forgot to consider the baiting portion of the job. I had, until you mentioned it, sucessfully blocked that scene from Saving Private Ryan out of my head.

I'm gonna go cry in the corner now....
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Well pin a rose on your deadly accurate nose!

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. I forgot to consider the baiting portion of the job. I had, until you mentioned it, sucessfully blocked that scene from Saving Private Ryan out of my head.

I'm gonna go cry in the corner now....
    I don't remember that part. I do remember a scene from Full Metal Jacket.

I feel like I should clarify a bit.

We are taught to shoot chest because you are less likely to miss and it causes more problems getting a person out. Baiting is a technique that could be used. Although, some times a target needs to go. Although, you can still bait with other things like a radio or machine gun. It's important to keep a machine gun going. At least when I was in the military. I don't know how a firefight works these days.

Head shots are usually a mistake, unless it's a shot group, then it's showing off.

I did get an idea from your podcast though. What if a sniper pulled the cross hairs down to get body shots to figure out windage. lol That would be awesome.

Last thing. Yes, people in very high stress always revert back to reflex, which is their training. There are stories of chutes bagged up when the 82nd jumped into Panama and Grenada.

Ok, enough from me on this. I'll contribute more on zombies now. well, zombies only.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I may be jumbling my war movies...though now that you say Full Metal Jacket, that was the scene I was thinking of, but I put it in the other movie.

Hmm...wonder what other movie jumbles I can create in my little head....

Edit: been recently informed there was a sniper baiting scene in saving private ryan. I'm not gonna switch back and forth again, but I feel better that I'm not bat shit crazy.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Oct 10th, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I may be jumbling my war movies...though now that you say Full Metal Jacket, that was the scene I was thinking of, but I put it in the other movie.

Hmm...wonder what other movie jumbles I can create in my little head....

Edit: been recently informed there was a sniper baiting scene in saving private ryan. I'm not gonna switch back and forth again, but I feel better that I'm not bat shit crazy.
    Haha Nick, you may still be bat shit crazy.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Haha Nick, you may still be bat shit crazy.
    I'd prefer if that was kept on the downlow please

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123