User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    "Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Dammit Riley. Why didn't you mention the part in the hospital where you and Kalani ran in to Pinstripes!?

Well, now that Boulder is the New Racoon City, I wonder if they are going to nuke it? Michael could have Pegs, Datu, Kelly, and Lady hole up in Cheyenne Mountain to the south and then Kimmet can drop the bomb on Boulder.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Scavenger"

Status
    Oooooh hohoho. Now that is a cliffhanger! This episode was rather expositioney, mostly going over the little ones and letting things come together. I have to agree with everyone that the miscommunication with Michael is a little... Out of type, but I can suspend my disbelief for this one. Also, great to hear More Riley! She's one of my favorite characters, and listening to her turning green was amusing!

Did anyone catch that Riley was on /anger/ meds, or did I just mishear that? Maybe Riley's not a great soldier for lack of restraint? :P

We are shaping up for something awesome, but the only bastion of civilization getting eaten... seems like thinga are gonna get daaaaark. Cause yeah, if Griggs gets to the city, Boulder's a buffet.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I also thought about how the LO's eyes were normal compared to regulars. Also when Ink was in the tower Michael described his eyes as being bright green. It seems that Ink and the Little Ones have normal eyes. Maybe some importance maybe not. Thoughts?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillars View Post
    I also thought about how the LO's eyes were normal compared to regulars. Also when Ink was in the tower Michael described his eyes as being bright green. It seems that Ink and the Little Ones have normal eyes. Maybe some importance maybe not. Thoughts?
    Well, at its base, it may mean that they rely more on sight then biters. Someone else indicated that it may indicate intelligence, which is an intereasting concept. However, if intelligence remains, one has to ask: How much of the original person is left. Thought means rationality, to some degree.... Maybe it took so long for Griggs because he was dealing to deal with his new dietary requirements? A bigger question, and the one of the last two years is.... how. If the Little Ones are deliverate, how could someone tailor make them to such a degree with a, frigging genetics background. Considering no one knows what caused the original virus... Pinstripes might be special, and Was testing his gnawing On 1 - 12? Thats just rambling though

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    Did anyone catch that Riley was on /anger/ meds, or did I just mishear that? Maybe Riley's not a great soldier for lack of restraint?
    I caught that also.

She seems to be a little to arguementative lately, I think Micheal needs to bitch slap her into next week if she keeps popping off like she has been. He should go off on her and tell her to shut up and fall in line, afterall she is a soldier now and there is a chain of command, and she ain't in that chain.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I was giving some consideration to Tanya's description of the Inklings bones. She said they were yellow and hard, right? It immediately made me think of The Haze. Wasn't it yellow in color?

What else could give bones a yellow hue; Calcium, plaque?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    I was giving some consideration to Tanya's description of the Inklings bones. She said they were yellow and hard, right? It immediately made me think of The Haze. Wasn't it yellow in color?

What else could give bones a yellow hue; Calcium, plaque?
    Tetracycline (an antibiotic) can cause bones to have a yellow color over time, starting with the teeth. This is more apparent with high doses. Oh, and it is taken up more rapidly by growing bones.

If the agent causing people to turn is bacterial, maybe tetracycline could be helping to keep the little ones more human-like? I think it's unlikely, but it was my first thought when I was trying to figure out why the bones were yellow.
    Last edited by EpiEpee; Sep 17th, 2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the part about growing bones!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguine View Post
    I caught that also.

She seems to be a little to arguementative lately, I think Micheal needs to bitch slap her into next week if she keeps popping off like she has been. He should go off on her and tell her to shut up and fall in line, afterall she is a soldier now and there is a chain of command, and she ain't in that chain.
    And that seems to matter to Michael? Sergeant Cross, from the beginning of the series, while paying lipservice to the chain of command, /does/ tend to act independently of it. I've always gotten the vibe from Michael that the military is an important part of his life, but hes grown weary of its inherent Bureaucracy. He /is choosing what orders he thinks are important, which isn't a bad thing, here, but does kind of illustratr why Riey's upset. Compared to everyone else, remember, she and Michael have been through tons, and it can't be good to prove yourself in the field and be an important member of the team on the Tower, to being relegated to a position on base becase they're afraid to trust you with anything that goes faster then a bb.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
    Tetracycline (an antibiotic) can cause bones to have a yellow color over time, starting with the teeth. This is more apparent with high doses. Oh, and it is taken up more rapidly by growing bones.

If the agent causing people to turn is bacterial, maybe tetracycline could be helping to keep the little ones more human-like? I think it's unlikely, but it was my first thought when I was trying to figure out why the bones were yellow.
    What was the antibiotic given to Saul? Pinstripes was in a hospital... Could have been dumping far too many meds, and created antibiotic resistent strains?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

What about sulfur? Sulfur is yellow ... That was actually the first thing that struck me when Tanya spoke of yellow bones ...
    Just an idea: What, if this whole Zombie-stuff is kind of hell let loose on earth? Like kinda doom-style and stuff ... Would explain the outbreak in many parts of the US as well as the world; would explain the deep cracks in the earth; would explain the weird conditions around ground zero; would explain the bitter and vile evilness everywhere; would explain the different types of zombies (like rooted in different demons and stuff ...).
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast