User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Hater's Season 2 Breakdown Part 2

Continued from Part 1, Please enjoy

Mallers Da Winna (COsurvivor)

Aaron Rogers
    One of the best QB's in the game. A must start. A TD machine. There is no downside here.

Eli Manning
    Eli is a true surprise. Considered a lesser QB he still somehow has gotten his team to 2 Super Bowl victories. Do not count him out even with a rocky start. I do not like that the let Manningham go but I can understand the idea in that. It just takes a weapon away from Eli.

Darren Sproles
    Sproles performed great last season. Ingram is back but do not expect that to hurt Sproles too badly. He may see less action but will still have good numbers.

Mike Goodson
    Not a starting RB. McFadden will have most of the work here. He cannot fill Micheal Bush’s shoes. Bench.

Greg Jennings
    Jennings has Rodgers throwing to him. Do not think that a pre-season concussion will slow him down. A must start in any situation.

Brandon Marshall
    There is a lot of potential here. If he can keeps his act together, he will be a must start. He is in familiar territory. He has posted up great numbers with Cutler and has a WR coach that him and Cutler have worked together with. At this time I feel he is a must start.

Martellus Bennett
    Not a great TE. If he is all you got, start him and may the gods be with you.

Micheal Crabtree
    I know he is considered a deep threat. I know Alex Smith is not a great deep threat thrower. But I look at this. The Niners have brought in Mario Manningham as well as Randy Moss to supplement Crabtree. This may be a way to take the heat off him or it could be them looking for options other than a WR that was only able to catch 3 yards in there post season loss.

Bears
    This is the #2 defense from last season. And all they did in the off season was strengthen it, A must start.

Robbie Gould
    He could get a lot of field goal work. We shall see.

Bench

Jason Witten
    Injuries and a age are a factor for Witten this season. But if he is playing, he is a sound move in the TE slot.

Andrew Luck
    He is considered to be the best potential rookie QB since Peyton Manning. Still he is a rookie and there is sure to be some growing pains. But with a veteran WR and an almost completely new team, he should be a good fill in and just maybe a starter in a fantasy team.

Ryan Williams
    Injured and a #2 back. Wait and see what he may produce. Behind Wells do not hold your breathe.

Ravens
    Another great defense and a great supplement to the above defense. Can easily switch out defenses to take advantage of match ups.

Brandon Jacobs
    A back up to Frank Gore plus injured. Keep an eye on him but more than likely a bench warmer this season.

Leonard Hankerson
    A possible sleeper. Keep an eye on him as he may become a must start.

Rob Bironas
    Should see a fair amount of field goal work.

Mike Williams
    Williams is the #2 guy in Tampa now. We will have to see if he amounts to what we hoped he would last season.

Bernard Scott
    He will play second fiddle to Green-Ellis. Right now we will have to wait and see at best.

Conner Barth
    I see no use to 3 kickers on a team. He should have potential as a field goal kicker.

QB_-_A+_-_A strong set of QB's
    RB_-_B minus_-_Am not entralled with the choices here
    WR_-_B_-_A lot of potential
    TE_-_B_-_Not as strong as one would hope here
    Def_-_A+_-_A strong set up here.

I will start with the defense here. This has the potential to be a steamroller in that department if the teams are utilized to strong match-ups. I like the QB mix here as well. The WR,TE, and RB have hope but are weak in many ways as well.

Clear Sights (Clear Sights)

Jay Cutler
    Normally I would be hesitant to back Cutler. But I like what the Bears have done in the off-season to strengthen his position and the tools they gained. This will be a team to watch out for.

Josh Freeman
    He may excel with the addition of Vincent Jackson. We will have to see. If there is another better option as you wait and see, I would recommend it.

Arian Foster
    The#1 draft pick for fantasy leagues and one of the best backs in the game at this time. He is in good company and will be a workhorse for the Texans. Even sharing time with Ben Tate won't diminish his numbers as we found out last season. A must start.

Darren McFadden
    If he can stay healthy, he is a must start. Add in that he is Oakland’s ONLY option now that Bush is gone. He needs to stay healthy for fantasy owners.

Larry Fitzgerald
    Another tough season when you are not sure what the QB situation is for your team. Here is to the hope that Skelton can get him the ball and can make him a must start. Right now he is at most a wait and see.

Roddy White
    A must start, no questions there. This team has kept improving and looks to be a powerhouse this year. Add in that there are enough weapons to keep White open more often and I can see no downside here.

Antonio Gates
    Gates will have a busy season as the rest of the team gets it together and works through the injuries that have already sprouted up. As long as he can stay healthy, he will be a must start.

Steve Smith
    Newton's #1wide receiver, expect more work for him if you can believe it. The coaches are trying to get Cam to be more of a traditional QB and this only means more work for Smith. A must start.

Steelers
    We are hoping that this defense has shored up a bit in the off season. Here is too hoping. Keep an eye on performance because you may need a back up plan in certain situations.

Dan Bailey
    A kicker on a team that will get a fair mix of Pat’s and field goals. Not a bad idea to play.

Bench

Jonathon Stewart
    Though he will be splitting carries with DeAngelo Williams, right now he is injured and you should keep an eye on his status.

Ben Tate
    A great addition to any fantasy team. He should get a hefty workload because the Texans have showed that they enjoy using both of there backs heavily. If you do not have Foster almost a must start. It could bite you at times but seems to pay off more than not.

DeSean Jackson
    D-Jax got paid. More than likely he will have a better season. Never know but money is a weird incentive.

Shane Vereen
    Not likely to be a big factor in a Patriots offense. Recommend to drop.

Mario Manningham
    He should be able to use his knowledge of the game to his advantage. Manningham is sure to be kept an eye on and may become a starter depending how often Alex Smith gets him the ball.

Owen Daniels
    Though last season was a disappointment due to injuries, expect this season to get off on the right foot considering all parties are healthy and the Texans seem to be running smoothly. A great back up to Gates or maybe in the right situations a starter.

Bills
    A mid range defense that may not be too bad if you need a bye week option or even if you have no other options.

Mark Sanchez
    In my opinion, not a good player. This close to the season he has shown that he has a problem keeping his mind on the field. Though Tebow may not be great, if Sanchez does not get his shit together, fans will be calling for his head and Tebow will take his place.

Shayne Graham
    A
    kicker on a high scoring team. Good for PAT's.

Chad Henne
    If you are desperate...start him.

QB_-_B minus_-_Not a lot of depth here.
    RB_-_A+_-_Could be unstoppable here.
    WR_-_A_-_I like what I see.
    TE_-_A_-_2 really good options
    Def_-_C_-_Potential at best

The QB cadre here has no depth. 1 good player with a few others that may not pan out. The Rb corps here is crazy strong. This is what can carry this team. The WR's will help carry this team as well as will the TE's. The Def, unfortunately, could be better.

Azoic Defenders (GodofInsanity)

Matt Shaub
    There is the field of thought that with such an awesome running game that the Texans will not have to take to the air as often. And in truth Shaubs numbers will take a hit but do not be fooled, he has shown that he can put up great numbers even with a dominate running game.

Alex Smith
    Yeah we are looking at more of a QB that takes control of the field at all aspects than a traditional QB that just uses his arm. But last year we saw Smith actually begin an uptick in his game. This year with the addition of 2 seasoned wide outs, you can only expect his game to continue to grow.

Frank Gore
    Gore is the Niners workhorse. The brought in a back to give him some breaks but Gore will be a go to on a constant basis because no matter how mush Alex Smith improves his game, he will need a running game to keep offenses honest.

Fred Jackson
    You couldn't stop Jackson last season, right until a broken leg stopped him to all fantasy owners mournful wales. He is a must start because now he is healthy and is prepared to fall back into his role as the main part of the Bills offense. Healthy, this will be an interesting offense to watch in its entirety.

Vincent Jackson
    Jackson is now in Tampa. Not sure how this will go. Freeman has some talent but we are not sure if Jackson's talent can bring up his production like people hope. That being said expect him to have a lot of balls sent his way so Jackson is a must start.

Torrey Smith
    Anquan Boldin is not getting any younger. So Smith is going to be the guy that gets open more often. Boldin cannot be ignored so that will keep Smith from any major double teams. Let's just hope he does not get tugged down by his lovely locks.

Vernon Davis
    Davis was Alex Smith's go to guy last season. Even with the growing of the wide outs, do not expect that to change. A matter a fact consider this a blessing because that means opposing teams will not be able to concentrate on just him in the middle, a must start.

Fred Davis
    If RGIII starts off good expect good things from Fred here, If his rookie QB gets in a bind, he will be looking to dump it off quick to this more than able TE.

49ers
    Last years #1 defense and nothing has changed. And nothing will change for the next 3 to 5 years as the Niners went and signed last years defense in whole to long term deals. This will be a formidable defense for any team and will more than likely a must start.

Lawrence Tynes
    This is a team that will have an even mix of field goals as well as PAT's. Not a bad starter.

Bench

DeAngelo Williams
    Due to an injury, Williams won't have to split the runs with Jonathan Stewart. But as the season goes on we only have to hope that maybe he will finally break out to be a dominate back for the Panthers. In the mean time expect his performance to be stunted.

Lance Moore
    Upside is that Moore has Brees as his QB, which can bolster anyone's value. Downside is that Brees has a lot of weapons at his disposal that could cut into Moore's performance. Maybe not a must start but able to cover a bye week or empty slot if needed.

Nate Washington
    What we are hoping to see is that Washington will fit in well with Britt and they can both be explosive players. We will get to see Washington on his own again as Britt finishes his suspension. After that we will see who will emerge as the top dog for the Titans.

David Wilson
    A rookie that needs some seasoning before he can be a starter. Maybe some moments of explosion here and there but do not expect any consistency.

Felix Jones
    Jones has been relegated to the #2 RB slot in Dallas. Do not expect too much from him this season on a steady basis. He will be a shooting star here and there making you wish he was in but won't produce when you think he will be the man guy but ends up a bench warmer instead.

Randy Moss
    Though he has not been at the top of game and maybe has not connected with Alex Smith as much as we would have liked to see so far, he is not to be ignored. We have to keep an eye on him to see if he can be a steady performer but could end up being a decent fill in on bye weeks.

Lions
    This was the 6th rated defense last season and there is not much to state that will change. A good team to switch out depending on match ups.

Jake Locker
    I honestly had no clue who this guy was and then it turns out he took Matt Hasselbacks starting slot. So he is a wait and see. He has some great tools to work with and if done right he could become a great fill in.

John Skelton
    Another QB that took away a starters job. Kolb has had problems but evidently bad enough that between his play last season and in the off season that Skelton is going to get the chance to keep the starter slot. Another wait and see.

QB_-_B minus_-_No real depth.
    RB_-_B_-_Again no depth if there is an injury.
    WR_-_A_-_I have to say this can almost be the strongest point of the team.
    TE_-_A+_-_This IS the strongest part of the team.
    Def_-_A+_-_Where there is lacking in other departments this slot makes up for it.

The RB and QB slots leave a lot to be desired. Bye weeks and any injuries could be traumatic for this team. But a wide WR base, strong TE's and Def just might make up the difference.

Team Braindead (Socali)

Matt Ryan
    Ryan has improved greatly as a passer. He says he feels the strongest as a passer to date as of this season. He has 2 great wide outs, a seasoned TE, and a running game to keep defenses honest. I have a hard time finding any reason not to start this QB.

Micheal Vick
    Vick, in my humble opinion, has a very large question mark attached to him. There is no question that he will perform and has been surrounded with the tools to do the job. The question is his health. Can he stay in long enough to make him a strong starter on your team. That is for you and you alone to decide.

Marshawn Lynch
    The worry with Lynch will be his back. That could be something to haunt him all season. Keep a close eye on his health. Healthy he is a must start.

Micheal Turner
    Though long in the tooth, Turner does not show that he is slowing down. Add in that the Falcons have a pumping passing game that leaves openings for him, Turner into a must start and can nicely fill a RB #2 slot or a Flex position.

Andre Johnson
    He is one of the top receivers in the game. Keep an eye on his health. That is the only big downfall for him.

Dwayne Bowe
    He has the talent. There is hope that the running game may be able to open him up a bit more. I recommend that you keep an eye on match ups and play him only in favorable opportunities.

Tony Gonzales
    You would think Tony is starting to slow down. The truth is it does not seem like it. And also he seems to remain healthy for the most part. A must start. Do not hesitate to keep this TE on your line.

Reggie Bush
    Bush made his 1st 1000 yard season last year. He looks to keep his job as starter and keep the momentum up. May not a #1 back but maybe a good flex spot
    if you need to fill it.

Jets
    At times last season you would not believe that this was a #3 rated defense. The secondary can be impenetrable. Can be tough against the run. But it seems drama takes the forefront in the Meadowlands so buyer beware.

Stephen Gostkowski
    Expect a lot of Pat's.

Bench

Roy Helu
    With Mike Shanahan, who know s if he will continue to be the #1 back in Washington. Keep an eye on his health and pray that Big Mike doesn't go schizo on his RB's.

Cedric Benson
    In an interesting move to Green Bay, Benson looks to be a possible break out star this season since he will have a terrific pass first team that will take a lot of heat of him down on the line. He is the starter and more than likely should be a starter on a fantasy team.

Denarius Moore
    A tough call. He has not been able to fall in step with Palmer due to injuries. He may be a watch and see guy but do not hesitate to put him in if he looks like a good option.

Sidney Rice
    Injuries makes Rice a risky proposition. Add in the questions at QB for the Seahawks and you may want to keep Rice warming the bench.

Darrius Heywood-Bey
    He looks to be Carson Palmer's go to guy for the time being. Keep an eye on him and match ups and he may make a nice Flex position player.

Matt Prater
    Another kicker. A Broncos kicker. Not knowing exactly how this offense will fare, he may be a good option he may get steady work with a mix of field goals and Pat's.

Dustin Keller
    A must play depending on how well his offense goes. Keep an eye on a bothersome hammy and start him when you need a decent TE filler.

Brandon Weeden
    A rookie that needs much more seasoning before he can be a reliable fantasy starter.

Blaine Gabbert
    If you are desperate. If most of the other QB's have been captured by an alien invasion. Start Gabbert then and only then.

Dolphins
    This was a defense that was far down on the list of good defenses last season...way down there. Not sure there are many improvements to make this a viable starting Def.

QB_-_B minus_-_No depth what so ever.
    RB_-_A_-_I think this could be a strong RB cadre.
    WR_-_B minus_-_a gift cause it could be a C.
    TE_-_A_-_Strong and weak at the same time.
    Def_-_B_-_This is a grade of hope in the Meadowlands.

This is a seesaw team. There are strong points but a lack of depth overall. Gonzalez will be the TE horse and Keller will hopefully be healthy to cover bye weeks or injuries. 1 strong QB a large question mark for the #2. May be just a worry wart, but I say better safe than sorry. The WR's have a lot to prove here. This could end up being an A= cadre but that has yet to be seen.

Team Devil Dogs (USMCludwig)

Peyton Manning
    There are a lot of questions about Manning. Can he handle a new offense? Can he take the hits? Can he keep healthy through a whole season. All the players fantasy value rely on Manning to perform well. Do not expect the Manning of old, but do not count him out as well. I would start him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Last season, Fitzpatrick seemed to have a lot of promise and then it seemed he and the Bills imploded. Well we now know what happened. Fitzpatrick played the last part of the season with 3 busted ribs. That explains a lot and this season, since he is healthy, do not hesitate to place your bets on him.

LeSean McCoy
    He was the teams workhorse last season and that looks to be about the same this year. The receiver corps may have improved but expect a lot of the work load to fall into this capable RB's hands. A must start.

Chris Johnson
    C.J. C.J. C.J. All I hear is how great he is and all I think is how great he was. I have heard before this is the season he is going to break out and be what he used to be. I have to see it to believe it. Here are the facts...he had only 2 stand out games last season with a handful of okay borderland cry in my beer games with the rest being just sad. If you go with him I wish you all the luck the Gridiron gods can bestow on you.

Mike Wallace
    Another hold out contender. He is a great wide out. It may take a couple weeks to get into the swing of things but after that he will be a must start.

Marques Colston
    He will be the 1st guy Brees looks to throw to. He is the #1 wide out in New Orleans. And in my opinion a must start.

Jared Cook
    He came in an surprised us last season. And everything looks to him being able to continue being a must play TE this season.

Jamaal Charles
    Injuries took Charles away from us real early last season. Team owners could be heard tearing out there hair and whaling a mourning sound from deep in there souls. But no worries he is back. Granted Hillis is there as well and could steal some of his TD thunder, but he is the #1 RB at this time. Keep starting him until his knees get the better of him.

Texans
    A top 10 defense last season. They should be a decent play this season as well. Keep an eye out for bad match ups though.

David Akers
    A reliable kicker on a team that will give him a fair mix of Pat's and field goals. A must start.

Bench

Jeremy Maclin
    It looks like he may have a great season this year depending if Vick can stay healthy. But at this stage he looks to be a must start.

Shonne Greene
    Greene does not seem to have big games save for every here and there. A good flex spot filler unless the Jets passing game completely implodes...so do keep an eye on him cause that is a true possibility with Tebow hanging around.

Robert Meachem
    Meachem seems to have not been able to fall in step with Phillip Rivers. Keep an eye on him and when he finally gets into the swing of this new system he may vary well become a must start.

Micheal Bush
    Oakland’s biggest mistake is letting this RB go. Now they have to hope Run DMC stays healthy. Expect him to be the red zone guy and splitting carries with the very capable Matt Forte. This will diminish his value.

Santonio Holmes
    Considering the problems around the QB's with the Jet's. Holmes may become a fantasy bench warmer. Add in that last year he seemed to disappoint quite often. Wait and see if he is a viable option.

Brent Celek
    I like Celek. He will be a great compliment to Cook and may be able to switch out these 2 for favorable match ups. If Cook is down, Celek is a must start.

Mike Nugent
    He can be a high value kicker because it looks like the Bengals will be need someone to put a lot of 3 pointers up on the board when they do not quite make the end zone.

Cowboys
    This team was in the running to be the worst defense last season and there does not look to be any large improvements in that area here. Buyer beware.

Dan Carpenter
    Hmm another kicker. But on 1 point he will get a lot of field goal work if they can get him close enough.

Matt Flynn
    He is not the starter just yet. He did explode against a good defense last year. Keep an eye on this one, he may be a good fill in if he gets the starting job.

QB_-_B_-_Strong starters but no depth.
    RB_-_C_-_1 strong starter does not keep them in this team in the B range.
    WR_-_A+_-_A strong receiver corp may not be able to carry this team.
    TE_-_A_-_I like what we see here.
    Def_-_B_-_50/50

Every time I think I start to see a weak team, I end up seeing what can turn out to be a sleeper team. QB's are good with no depth. I do not think the RB's here will carry this team in any fashion. The wide outs may save this team from last place relegation. The TE's are good and will be good to switch out. A strong defense should hold out all season depending on injuries.

This is the work of
    about 10 hours of typing and research and I do hope that I can get out a head to head this week with such a short time between draft and games. We have already seen one outstanding game in the season opener and I hope that is what the season has in store for us all the way. There is nothing I can say to state how excited I am for the start of foozball this year. Good Luck and good games for you all.

GodofInsanity
    Last edited by GodofInsanity; Sep 9th, 2012 at 07:02 AM.