User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Kudos to all those who predicted the shift to Irwin. I gotta say I thought the story would stay with The Colony but its great to hear from Michael, Tanya, and Riley again.

I'm not sure what to say about this episode. We got helicopters crashing (maybe) and the Colonel's niece missing. Possible infected hitchhiker's on the helicopter. It's gonna be interesting to see where this all goes.

What I wanna know is what does title "Red Winter" mean. Either things are about to get real bad real fast...or the zombies are secretly communists! Either way I'm intrigued.

On a final note. The line of the episode: "Does this look like a duck to you?" I don't know why, but the way that came out of nowhere absolutely cracked me up.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Just to clean up the bad interpretation of Acronym...
    K.O.D.I. Killing ordinance deployment initiative.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Disappointed we didn't reach some conclusion with the Colony. Very happy to hear Michael et al again. Especially since I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've heard Michael and Puck interact since I met the real life inspiration for Puck.

Riley will get her chance in combat. And she should have been through basic already so she should have the very basics of military combat at least. She may suck at it, but she learned it. She is now better equipped to take out Scratch.

Red Winter...hmmmm.....Boulder is about to get straight fucked up........
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    In this episode its Dec 3rd...so the events at the colony that we know of are yet to happen. The story from Michaels and Fort Irwins perspective is catching up to a head which I'm sure will be at the finale of this season.
    Maybe Riley does get her chance to do something other than cook...I'm still saying that its her going to meet up at the colony and while not necesarily a combat mission, its Kimmet giving her an opportunity to prove herself, especially since she knows Saul etc...
    The helicopter with the captain has obviously gone down. We see that Kimmet loses some ability in "doing the right thing" for the sake of it being his daughter. Now that its gone down there will be a rescue team going out for them...who will go, what will they find?
    I think a difference between zombie and human will be found in the bone, or bone marrow.
    Last edited by Robzombie; Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    In this episode its Dec 3rd...so the events at the colony that we know of are yet to happen. The story from Michaels and Fort Irwins perspective is catching up to a head which I'm sure will be at the finale of this season.
    Maybe Riley does get her chance to do something other than cook...I'm still saying that its her going to meet up at the colony and while not necesarily a combat mission, its Kimmet giving her an opportunity to prove herself, especially since she knows Saul etc...
    The helicopter with the captain has obviously gone down. We see that Kimmet loses some ability in "doing the right thing" for the sake of it being his daughter. Now that its gone down there will be a rescue team going out for them...who will go, what will they find?
    I think a difference between zombie and human will be found in the bone, or bone marrow.
    Good point to make, that we did actually go back in time a bit.

As i pointed out (somewhere) the way things are being written ("But let me go back to Nov...that's when shit really started going crazy"-Saul [Worst paraphrase ever]) something makes Saul start writing in his journal again, he has not made any indication that he is caught up with present day (" Which brings me to now"..."and now i'm here").

It's my thought that saul is reporting this all because he is being told to write down everything he knows. Which leads me to believe that he is alive and not captured, maybe with michael.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardalex View Post

It's my thought that saul is reporting this all because he is being told to write down everything he knows. Which leads me to believe that he is alive and not captured, maybe with michael.
    but this is precisely why i think he's dead, or dies that is. His actions, or story come from his journal, and from Victors recollection (we have solo Victor scenes but I'm sure none of Saul if not obviously from his journal).

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Wild guess #1:
    The female soldier on the chopper (Kimmet) is wounded by a big little one - not a bite, 'only' it's claws with the 'endless number of fingers'.
    In chapter #30 we learn about Roman having turned into a little one after having been attacked by little one #9 (or #6)- and that went pretty fast according to Glenn. But we don't know exactly, how Roman was wounded.
    Questions would be: Is Kimmet actually infected? What, if the 'endless number of fingers' of the little ones serve the same purpose as the bites of regulars?

Wild guess #2:
    Michael foretells 'it': The Chinook is a giant beast of a chopper; what if during the combat a smart one or even pinstripes was able to attach itself to the chinook and maybe even get into the heli during the flight? It was dark; and very likely there were many great opportunities to do something like this - covered by darkness, the noise of combat and the chopper ...

prediction for #33-2
    The emergency cruise from boulder is ordered to fly into the direction of the Chinook in case it has to make an emergency landing.
    Also and more importantly: Michael (and Puck and Riley and some others) might be allowed to start a rescue mission starting in Fort Irwin in order to 'intercept' the Chinook ...

Thoughts?
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Sep 3rd, 2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added the prediction
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikepaw View Post
    Red winter...haha just got it.
    Please explain
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Chopper crashed because the engine overheated.

joint-point-counter-joint

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    I tried to stay away from the forums, I managed to do so for the entire last chapter but my life is better when I'm actively thinking and discussing We're Alive, so I'm back.

I'm very happy at the thought that we'll get to see the last few weeks/months played back from Michaels perspective. We're Alive for me is very much centered around Michael and all of the personal/emotional challenges that he surpasses. I'm also really digging Puck. That "fucking origami" line made me laugh out loud. My family gave me weird looks.

Keep up the great work KC.
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast