User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

One of my first thoughts was that Col. Kimmet screwed up big time. He was about to have Tanya executed when she wasn't even turning but sends a hot helicopter, containing his neice, to the only safezone.

It doesn't sound like they made it, though. If they had reached Boulder then Pvt. Carl Thomas would have said so. If they had reached Boulder and the sh.t hit the fan AND Carl didn't contact Ft. Irwin then I would have expected that they wouldn't have been able to contact Carl. BUT, they did talk to Carl. So, it seems likely that the Chinhook is down somewhere.

There seems to be other ways to communicate with the Chinhook. After losing radio contact, Cpl Puck can be heard talking directly to someone on the helicopter. He tells them to stay on course. There seems to be someone responding to him in the background but the voice is unitelligable.

Zombies don't seem to like the cold.

Dang it! I thought Tanya was about to tell Michael about what she's been thinking about after reading the journals.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    One of my first thoughts was that Col. Kimmet screwed up big time. He was about to have Tanya executed when she wasn't even turning but sends a hot helicopter, containing his neice, to the only safezone.

It doesn't sound like they made it, though. If they had reached Boulder then Pvt. Carl Thomas would have said so. If they had reached Boulder and the sh.t hit the fan AND Carl didn't contact Ft. Irwin then I would have expected that they wouldn't have been able to contact Carl. BUT, they did talk to Carl. So, it seems likely that the Chinhook is down somewhere.

There seems to be other ways to communicate with the Chinhook. After losing radio contact, Cpl Puck can be heard talking directly to someone on the helicopter. He tells them to stay on course. There seems to be someone responding to him in the background but the voice is unitelligable.

Zombies don't seem to like the cold.

Dang it! I thought Tanya was about to tell Michael about what she's been thinking about after reading the journals.
    Col = Durai. People at the top = epic fail
    Yeah, doesn't sound like it. But actually I expect the Boulder-dudes having roaming patrols. What if the chopper crashlands and suhc a patrol finds a bunch of wounded not recognizing the zombified/ zombie-infected and brings wounded back into Boulder?
    Not sure about Zombies not liking the cold. Saul and CJ were attacked while waiting or intruding The Colony. Same time of the year ... I'd say the number of Zombies decreases because they have started to eat each other or simply die due to the lack of food. (arguable)
    *bogus* Tanya is already a super-smart turned zombie and therefore don't even thinks about informing Michael or others ... *bogus ends*

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

I love the inclusion of CODY. The use of robots against zombies...my buddy literally gave me the "how to build a robot army to fight zombies" book the other week. I am a little disappointed that there is freaking war going on in the Colony and we are not hearing the continuation of it. I will trust KC though.

Red winter...haha just got it.

Riley is not psychologically well, Tanya is teetering (5 months in a bubble room, I would barely last three days). Still 5 months, no way in hell is she going to turn. I understand Kimmet's logic, but come on. That, or Tanya is a smart zombie that completely dwarfs our pimped out friend with the tattoos. He could trick us by hiding in the shadows, while Tanya can hide in plain view. That is my crackpot theory, I don't think Tanya is a zombie...but it is interesting. Also speaking of the well dressed man from my nightmares, I kind of miss him. Haven't heard from him since he scared me down to my future children in Chapter 27. What is he doing? Has he changed up his fashion selection? Gone for a trenchcoat in the winter cold? Maybe added a charcoal black suit to his pin stripes? Acquired a pimp cane? Got some jewellery? These are questions I need answered!!

My favourite part of this episode is the interaction between Puck and Michael. Pretty sure Puck is the only one Michael can talk to on his level. Man to man, soldier to soldier, though Puck still can't relate the way Riley and Tanya can with the shared tower experience. Also our most important information yet. Michael Cross cannot hope to beat video games on his own. I am sure Nurse Britt could help him with that difficulty though. And Puck can't do origami, second most vital piece of information in this episode. Of course I can't either, so I will judge. I am just sure paper folding is going to be a life or death thing later on...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Oh wow, I knew it! We want the colony but we got Irwin.

But I think we all know what could help Tanya... video games, a flat screen and no games? For shame.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I think Michael et al will eventually find the Chinook. In Chapter 30-1 he says that he pieced the story together from various accounts. He got part of the story of the condition of the copter crew from Cpl. Puck. Puck and Kimmet could reveal more info later if they were communicating with the crew for a considerable length of time before Michael arrived, but I think he meant that he got info from varying sources directly.

I'd hate to see Boulder over-run but Michael does say that the events changed everything.

He also mentions to Tanya that people are skeptical about the condition of L.A.. Does anyone suspect that there is a growing chorus of Zombie Apocalypse Deniers?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    P.S.: Didn't I tell you about a good spot for a cliffhanger in 32-3 posting #60 ... ?
    http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...ll=1#post46467
    Careful man... patting yourself that hard on the back and you're going to sprain something...

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Stay tuned for WA Las Vegas!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Careful man... patting yourself that hard on the back and you're going to sprain something...
    Yeah, too late.
    Considering all the mad things I write this was like the blind hen finding a corn ... I was too excited ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The Lit-Treatise on 33-1

Ok Random Thoughts...

Kimmet's Niece
    There's got to be a reason, plot-wise, why this character is the niece of the head honcho and not just any old captain who got paralyzed. At first I was thinking that if they went down in LA, this would finally give Michael the excuse to head up a rescue team (since he could argue he has firsthand knowledge of the area, etc). This still may happen, but it all depends on where this Chinook went down.

Boulder
    I don't think Boulder is overrun, mainly for the reasons Witch Doctor mentioned, above. Also, you gotta think that a place of that size would have put in place some solid anti-outbreak measures given the circumstances (something like the quarantine zones that Michael & Co. ended up in when they first arrived at Irwin.

Random Thought of the Day
    I think the safest place to be in a zombie outbreak would be a medieval castle, wouldn't it? You've got thick walls, murder holes, a moat, a keep... Anyway--

They Ain't Zombies
    Something has got to come from Tanya's experimentation, and one conclusion seems to be that this diZeaZe is not spread via blood contact, as everyone has been assuming. Perhaps it has more to do with DNA coding, or something. This is the first testing on actual Z-flesh, isn't it? Who else has really been studying these things?

But think about it: if these were actually reanimated corpses walking around, then their bodies would really be decaying after all this time, right? But there is no mention of that. I'm thinking some form of mutated human is more likely, but not dead flesh...

Come to think of it, Kc has been pretty light on the 'zombie' description lately. You'd imagine that after months of stumbling around and chomping people that most of these 'zombies' would be in shredded clothes or totally naked by now...

The Fate of the Chinook
    And finally, the reason the Chinook went down: Ink found a way to cross-breed zombies & birds to make a flock funky-ass flying Zombiedactyls!
    Last edited by Litmaster; Sep 3rd, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

well, probably Boulder is not overrun yet. And actually I don't see it coming that way that it will be overrun from the outside. But I wouldn't be too surprised if an infected soldier gets into there, passes the final stage of mutation after having passed the first doors and starts dealing with his new 'paradise' from then on. Maybe there is a quarantine-procedure or -zone of some kind; but you'll never know what may go wrong. Just imagine an unprepared dude totally bored to death from standard-procedures and all of a sudden the expected unexpected happens ... Would he really act according to the rules? It's the human factor of doing things too wrong to make worse situations even more worse!
    Also keep in mind how fast the Z-pocalypse destroyed the population of L.A. - it was less then a day! Ok, police, military services and whoever else were not prepared; but considering of few million people (in 2009 L.A. had something about 3.7 Million inhabitants plus all the people from the outside doing businesses in town!) simply ceasing to exist ... It's not very far fetched to consider something similar happening in Boulder as well, if someone epically fails on his duty ... But I wouldn't want to play devil's advocate here ... According to Michael we only guess for now: "Something's wrong!"

I agree with you: Zombies in WA don't seem to be the living dead thing, but something more along the line of 'mutated humans' or 'demonized humans' ... Tanya probably will tell us ...

Castle: Same as with prison. For some time you'll do pretty fine - until your most important ressources run out, i.e. water, food, maybe power of whatever kind ...

Zombiedactyls would be cool deluxe Royal TS with sugar on top ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Ok Random Thoughts...

Kimmet's Niece
    There's got to be a reason, plot-wise, why this character is the niece of the head honcho and not just any old captain who got paralyzed. At first I was thinking that if they went down in LA, this would finally give Michael the excuse to head up a rescue team (since he could argue he has firsthand knowledge of the area, etc). This still may happen, but it all depends on where this Chinook went down.

Boulder
    I don't think Boulder is overrun, mainly for the reasons Witch Doctor mentioned, above. Also, you gotta think that a place of that size would have put in place some solid anti-outbreak measures given the circumstances (something like the quarantine zones that Michael & Co. ended up in when they first arrived at Irwin.

Random Thought of the Day
    I think the safest place to be in a zombie outbreak would be a medieval castle, wouldn't it? You've got thick walls, murder holes, a moat, a keep... Anyway--

They Ain't Zombies
    Something has got to come from Tanya's experimentation, and one conclusion seems to be that this diZeaZe is not spread via blood contact, as everyone has been assuming. Perhaps it has more to do with DNA coding, or something. This is the first testing on actual Z-flesh, isn't it? Who else has really been studying these things?

But think about it: if these were actually reanimated corpses walking around, then their bodies would really be decaying after all this time, right? But there is no mention of that. I'm thinking some form of mutated human is more likely, but not dead flesh...

Come to think of it, Kc has been pretty light on the 'zombie' description lately. You'd imagine that after months of stumbling around and chomping people that most of these 'zombies' would be in shredded clothes or totally naked by now...

The Fate of the Chinook
    And finally, the reason the Chinook went down: Ink found a way to cross-breed zombies & birds to make a flock funky-ass flying Zombiedactyls...
    Nope, it was Saul's flying squid that took it down.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast