User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gfresh View Post
    Going right back, alllllll the wayyyy back to the first episode, it all starts with a big kaboom! Does anyone know if this was explained as part of the chaos (ie, fuel station blowing up, explosives being used against the zombies etc)? Or is there a chance it may be related to the cracks?
    It all started with a kaboom ... Seconds later they had the TVs showing top news that mentioned riots all over the place. That is why I would say: Well, the pocast started with a kaboom, but the kaboom was not the real beginning, because riots not just happen automatically 'cause somewhere is a detonation.
    But this does not mean that the cracks at ground zero might not be the result of the kaboom ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    It all started with a kaboom ... Seconds later they had the TVs showing top news that mentioned riots all over the place. That is why I would say: Well, the pocast started with a kaboom, but the kaboom was not the real beginning, because riots not just happen automatically 'cause somewhere is a detonation.
    But this does not mean that the cracks at ground zero might not be the result of the kaboom ...
    I think you're right, the "kaboom" was most likely unrelated to the cracks, due to the timing.

What I'm wondering now is, did the cracks appear rapidly/instantaneously, as a result of some impact, or did they appear gradually- maybe AFTER the outbreak?
    If they were to appear rapidly, some noise must have been made. If they appeared gradually they could have done so silently, or maybe with low/quiet rumbles.

Any thoughts?

"Lurker"

Status
    That's a good point. However, I think if they were expanding afterwards they would have caused tremors noticeable by the survivors. Though maybe that's not unusual for that area. I have know idea how many earthquakes and shakes the LA area gets.

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    I've been thinking about Inglewood again. I'm re-listening to the whole story again and I'm realizing how different Season 1 is from Season 3. From what I understand about the story and what I think are foreshadowed hints in the story, Ink is very central to the story line. He is a mental patient and I also believe he is connected with the "family" (the same gang that the Mallers and Angels father are a part of), my evidence for this is the TIVO recording where "the family" can be heard on the broadcast. Sure it could be any family but that would seem like an amazing coincidence. Does anyone else find it curious that so many of the Mallers (ex-cons) are part of the Family (or am I just assuming this), at least it seems that way. We have heard Scratch mention that Durai understands quite a bit of what it is going on with the Zombies (you hear this when they are bombing the arena), to me that strengthens the connection between Ink and the family. Why or how else could Durai understand so much considering he's been locked up in prison?

Then we have the mention of Raydon labs, and we know that Ink does not have regular Zombie eyes. Now I haven't considered that Inks mental condition might be the special factor that makes him unique, like maybe the Zombie virus can't destroy a mind that's so broken already, that's an interesting idea. And finally we get to Inglewood which makes everything so complicated. Kalani first mentions ground zero and seeing "unique" creatures there, is this a hint that if you stay there long enough and are exposed to the gas long enough you die and then rise as a Zombie?

All I can conclude so far is that this gas was used to treat Inks condition, some kind of experimental medicine on Ink which caused him to go Zombie and begin the outbreak but I have absolutely no idea how to link it with Hawaii unless of course Kalani was just lying around Hawaii being infected. Kalani was a liar after all and he even said that he felt the Zombies in Hawaii were meaner than the ones they have near the Tower, imagine that.

Your thoughts?
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    not sure where, but i think kc debunked the tivo family thing as being more like something random

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    not sure where, but i think kc debunked the tivo family thing as being more like something random
    Ooh really! Please find me that post!
    What I find really scary about the whole Zombie Apocalypse conceptual life style isn't the Zombies themselves, but rather the fact that we are now a species so disgusted with normality and society that some of us would actually prefer it" - Some Zombie Nerd

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    Ooh really! Please find me that post!
    Here you go: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...ll=1#post53454
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    well, i won't say that it isn't foreshadowing inks involvement, but it isn't THE family.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    This was like learning that there was no shooter on the grassy knoll.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    This was like learning that there was no shooter on the grassy knoll.
    there was no... what? dude you're blowin my mind here! like a bullet to the brainpan.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast