User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

Zombie Icon The huge cracks in the floor at ground zero...

Hi, nooby here, I had a look through the threads and only found the "haze" thread, which so far seems to be unrelated, so here goes...

The huge cracks in the floor at ground zero, another great twist to KC's evolving masterpiece!
    Three things that spring to mind:

1. The cracks possibly breach into an underground lab (deep underground lab!) and the cause of the mutation/plague/experiment has escaped from here?

2. A little far-fetched, but the cracks are possibly an opening into another dimension (Cthulhu-style) or even Hell itself (Doom-style) and the cause is actually a malevolent force?

3. Something BIG and as yet unseen has made the cracks

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gfresh View Post
    1. The cracks possibly breach into an underground lab (deep underground lab!) and the cause of the mutation/plague/experiment has escaped from here?
    Then these things showed up in many places - like besides L.A. on Hawaii, in other huge cities of the US, in Japan, China and anywehere else. Maybe this is the case that many underground facilities erupted there Zombie-agent almost simultaneously in different locations of the world ... But something tells me: Unlikely, though not impossible.

2. A little far-fetched, but the cracks are possibly an opening into another dimension (Cthulhu-style) or even Hell itself (Doom-style) and the cause is actually a malevolent force?
    Actually I end up pretty often at something Doom-style. Is it really that farfetched considering the huge variety of special ones which were questioned being human before the outbreak?

3. Something BIG and as yet unseen has made the cracks
    Dun.dun.DUNNNN!
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    Could be a terrorist plot to bring down the biggest power players around the world. They drop bombs, which created the cracks and desroyed some underground chemical waste facility causing the haze, containing mutated DNA in multiple locations. These places have some of the smartest people and the terroists let the world implode. When it's apparent that no surviving government is left they come out say they have a cure or at least an antibody to prevent being turned. The catch is you have to become loyal to them to get it.
    I know this is out there, and I just fininished The Silk Code. It's got a few of the same ideas here. You can ignore, I'm sick and not feeling good...

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I think it was a natural occurance that happened on a global scale, no bad guys, no aliens, no conspiracies or super natural forces. Although not to me, it may be kinda boring to some, but I think it's cool to ultimately not have some other motive. It just happened, lets deal with it and move on best we can.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    I think it was a natural occurance that happened on a global scale, no bad guys, no aliens, no conspiracies or super natural forces. Although not to me, it may be kinda boring to some, but I think it's cool to ultimately not have some other motive. It just happened, lets deal with it and move on best we can.
    Although thinking about it, I'd love to see no 'solution' or 'conclusion' about the cracks in the ground. Did anyone check whether the cities in which the outbreak started are all along continental rifts (don't know the technical term for this) or volcanic regions - like L.A. is at the St. Andreas rift ... And what about the other cities?
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Its called the Ring of Fire (The Pacific Rim I believe). I haven't checked myself (if I just listened to what countries again I'd know) but I'm pretty sure in threads quite a while ago we went over this and someone said yup...ring of fire. The highly volcanic regions in and around the Pacific...but I think China was mentioned wasn't it...if so then it extends somewhat onto the mainland.
    Likes Zeroed4Zombies liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Yeah, and there were many different huge cities of the US ... Liek Denver or what? And Denver is not famous for its volcanoes or earthquakes ...
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

along mountain belts such as the Rocky Mountains? sure...powerful enough burp (or fart) from inside Earth that it pushes up through previously stabalized continental coasts and is seen well beyond the pacific rim.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Ok, I will tripple-check on what cities were directly hit ... There were two chapters in which we receive distinct information about it - first from Lizzy after she has checked TV-recievers in The Twoer, later by Col. Kimmet when he introduced the situation to Sgt. Cross ... I'll be back with more intel ...

Done ...
    Well, looks like we have this list of confirmed cities in which "riots" started ... L.A., Santiago, New York, Houston, Chicago, Detroit (not specified which one), Hawaii, Seattle ...

Col. Kimmel confirmed that it seemed to have started at the coast lines with additional two hotspots at the bay-areas. So, no ... The East Coast really has nothing to do with earthquakes and volcanoes. The only thing in common are the shores or huge waters ... But Ground Zero or Inglewood in L.A. or not really next to the waterline ...

So basically there is no real "geographical" explanation.
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Sep 5th, 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added information
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000455512
    Trying to connect the cracks in the ground to the man with the markings, makes my head spin :P From what i know so far (i could be wrong), he's the one giving the special ones their numbers and is the leader all of the turned. There seems to be some kind of hierarchy as some follow orders given by the larger ones too. Why people near the cracks feel funny confuses me too. If the cracks or whatever came out of them caused the zombies (some form of airborne invisible stuff that came out and lingered), wouldn't the people who got close (Victor) have turned by now? It may be after prolonged periods, but why would anyone stay in an area that makes them feel crappy? It seems to have some kind of set permanent radius (unconfirmed). If this isn't true, why hasn't spread past the original ground zero area? Wouldn't the wind carry whatever it is?

If the cracks are related. Why is there a hierarchy within the zombie ranks? What's with the numbers? I get they have different traits due to the type of person they were before turning, but this doesn't support mutation.

I'm not 100% sure yet, my mind is so conflicted but, there's a chance the cracks are unrelated to the cause. The links so far, don't add up or just become too confusing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast