User Tag List

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

"Walking Dead" game - what's your opinion?

Hi everyone,

most recently I have learned about the computer game "Walking Dead", offered for example via Steam or telltale:

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

Anyone played the first or the first two of five episodes? No #3 to #5 are not available - yet. I wonder if this game is worth the while.
    I played L4D/ L4D2 for quite some time. Besides being hilarious and crazy the L4D-series does not provide much of a "survival-story". I would like to know, if the more story-driven game of WD seems to be a good purchase ... Thoughts and opinions?

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    hey liam, reaper here: i have played and reviewed the first two episodes. check out my reviews here and here for 1 and 2 respectively. if you want the short version here it is: this game is far from l4d. if you want something that is hugely action oriented realistic zombie game, look elsewhere. i'd suggest the arma II day z mod, as that has gotten rave reviews lately. if, on the other hand, you love the walking dead story and want something with something very story driven (as i fit both of those criteria) then this is a must have. seriously, i love this game. of course, i love TWD sooooo, yeah. i would go into debt for this game, or episodes of the show. seriously.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Thank you very much, reaper239.
    Your reviews help me a lot.
    I enjoyed L4D/ L4D2 a lot. But there is no long-term fun in 'em, which I play them rarely. I enjoyed watching some of the TWD TV-show-episodes; and actually I hope the TWD 'puter-game being 'like' the teevo-show - at least comparable. I have not read any TWD graphic novel so far - which I will change in a while ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Thank you very much, reaper239.
    Your reviews help me a lot.
    I enjoyed L4D/ L4D2 a lot. But there is no long-term fun in 'em, which I play them rarely. I enjoyed watching some of the TWD TV-show-episodes; and actually I hope the TWD 'puter-game being 'like' the teevo-show - at least comparable. I have not read any TWD graphic novel so far - which I will change in a while ...

All the best!
    Liam
    I had a lot of fun with these, it's amazing how you won't be playing the same game twice.