Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    cjsaul.jpg

poor CJ, Saul is a pimp.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I can't recall but I think it was this chapter, and I do not recall anyone making a big deal about it.

Perhaps this was known but it seemed rare to me. Did anyone else hear that the zombies bleed out? I believe this was the chapter where they cracked the garage door open just slightly and CJ used her katana to take off the ankles of the biters.
    After which I heard her say something along the lines of "see they'll bleed out"

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Yeah I noticed and listened to just that part a couple times to make sure I heard right. Makes sense though...blood is the bodies lube and if there is none then at least its incapacitated (and indeed maybe die)....thats why I do not think that the zombies are dead per se...not like old school reanimated corpses (yet not saying that they can not be), but infected humans.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    glad im not the only one. It raises another question to me than though.

How can they survive gunshots? would they not bleed out via those also? Sure not immediately but at a later time perhaps?

My only guess would be Gravity. They probably do not have a beating heart, thus blood is not pumping and gun shots would not cause a bleed out. However if it were a lower placed wound, gravity would cause the remaining blood to flow down and out of it.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Gun shots only bleed out for a little while and will stop bleeding. Of course this also depends on where your hit, but most wounds, gunshots, stabs etc only bleed out momentarily while the blood begins to clot and the surrounding flesh closes around the wound and there is no constant pumping blood supply. The body also shuts down blood delivery to wounds by narrowing capillaries and veins.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    bleed out? That remind me of a question I had. It was about the zombie that CJ mention "let it bleed it out". I always throught blood ,like gas/oil in a car, it keep the body moving and flowing and without you won't be able to move without pain. Why was this an important fact?

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    bleed out? That remind me of a question I had. It was about the zombie that CJ mention "let it bleed it out". I always throught blood ,like gas/oil in a car, it keep the body moving and flowing and without you won't be able to move without pain. Why was this an important fact?
    Maybe because they aren't undead, just transformed.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

and to let us know that its not just destruction of the brain that kills them, as CJ had already figured out. Without blood they are N.F.G..

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    We know that zombies are harder to stop with gunshots than normal humans, but that headshots will drop them immediately. I suspect that the issue has less to do with the zombies being undead, and more to do with their not reacting to pain or shock. They remind me of the Moro tribesmen during the Philippine Insurrection and the Viking Berserkers. Both groups were famously able to psych themselves into a mental state where they could shrug off horrible injuries and continue to attack, right up to the point where they dropped dead from blood loss.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

maybe the blood-pressure is pretty low - low enough that the blood keeps circling for the basic and minimum nutrition-distribution - if there is any pulse after all.
    Getting shot into the chest or the arms has little affect after all - especially with a low blood-pressure or a low pulse. But if you are wounded at the feet - which I understood was the case in this episode, when CJ cut into the Zeds -, all the blood in the higher parts of the body simply create "pressure" on this low-end wounding, which is why they bleed out.

And yes: I realized it as well and have thought about it a bit; but I have not concluded anything yet - which applies to this posting. It's just some thoughts to throw in ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast