User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Spiderman would be my close second. Even with special abilities he struggles like the rest of us with life's problems. Very relatable. I heard a quote about Spiderman that I thought was pretty accurate. "He's the punching bag of the Marvel Universe." I believe that. He gets little respect from the other superheroes but he has done his fair share of saving NYC and the world. The Rodney Dangerfield of the superhero world (for those who get that reference).

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    What qualifies as a superhero? I've often considered Link from the Legend of Zelda as my favorite superhero. He does have some superhuman qualities; like being able to lift heavy objects, even if the ability is bestowed upon him by magic gauntlets, or focus his energy into the blade of his sword and unleash it on his foes. He can cast magics, alter time, and the weather. Though all this is done with the aid of items, I wouldn't say this make him any different from Batman. But all those things aren't what makes him my favorite. I've always loved the fact that he seems thrust into this adventure without much choice. His destiny is to be a hero. He has no say so in the matter and yet, he fulfills his destiny with silent resolve. Sure he possibly hopes things were different but he does what he must to see the land and the princess safe. I like selflessness. I love unwavering determination. Yeah, Link is definitely my favorite superhero.

I'm not sure my second choice is a superhero, but I consider him one none-the-less; Indiana Jones! I like when a character is just trying to live their life, and live it more or less on the good side of morality, when suddenly Fate hurls them into some crazy adventure. He's just an archaeologist trying to make sure things end up getting proper study before they go to a museum BUT then the Nazi's or Russians, or some crazy Indian cult gets involved and then Wowzers! Calamity.

[Edit]
    I suppose this thread was intended to discover folks favorite Marvel or DC superhero? If that's the case then I'm just going to say, SNICK! SNICK! Wolverine!

And another superhero I can't leave this post without mentioning is: Aang, the Airbender! That kid was such a bad ass. Not just because he had the power to be a badass but because he was struggling with who he had to be. He was just a kid who wanted that normal life his friends had. But he was thrust into the life Destiny had served him. Over time he came to terms with his Fate and tried to walk the path of a righteous and strong leader. I aspire to have some of his wisdom. The patience he had and the very fair handed way in which he dealt with his problems and the problems of his people are virtues I hope to one day possess.
    Last edited by Adventureless_Hero; Jul 18th, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Hawkeye cause he's just cool.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    You mean Legalos? Yeah Jeremy Renner and Joss Whedon did a bad ass job of making Hawkeye cool. B-)
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    You mean Legalos? Yeah Jeremy Renner and Joss Whedon did a bad ass job of making Hawkeye cool. B-)
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Actually, now that I think about it, I think my favorite superhero would the the Raphael/Michaelangelo/Splinter (threeway tie)
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Batman. If it wasn't for a combination of Batman Begins and my friend getting me into anime (and consequentially manga) I would still be in the dark ages where a book with pictures was for kids. Also as Sheldon once said "with enough start up cpital and an adequate research facility I could be batman". Batman is the closest "superhero" to reallity. I find it hard to empathise with a guy who's balls are made of steel and whom can only be killed by an element thats not even on the periodic table. Now if I just could reveal to you my secret identity. Fuck it. "I'M BATMAN!".

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    I love Hawkeye in this video...

"I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    Now, after that being said, my favorite superhero is a tough one. I like Wolverine, Batman and Spiderman, but for different reasons. Overall winner would be Wolverine, but I like Batman for being (at least remotely) relatable (being human and all, not so much the millionaire part unfortunately ) and Spiderman for his wisecracking and jokes. Super heroines are unfortunately rarely done as well, but I suppose that comes from the main target audience being male.
    I was going to reply correctly and with my own words, but seeing as he retracted his answer I'll just take it. So, thanks Luna.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurVeteran

Gamertag: Mikeyd2tall Steam ID: Mikeyd2tall
    i consider a super-hero someone in comics or movies in the "superhero" genre. if the writer intended it to be a superhero, he is.....therefore i really dont count the TMNT, Indie, or Aang even though i love them all!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast