User Tag List

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    Wasn't enough meat in it and it was too short and I don't understand why Datu was dressed in a spiderman suit.
    It was because he has this great power that he has to learn how to use, DUH! But you are right, what kind of an episode is it where all the characters move less than 1 km, combined

Seriously though...
    With CJ's brains, Victor's brawn and Saul's heart, this should be the best operation ever to be conducted. CJ's motives for going are too sentimental for CJ, imo, but whatevs, its believable enough. In fact, the team is sooo perfect i just cant see them pulling it off without any problems, its just too perfect.
    We didn't learn anything new about Scratch, nor did she do anything we wouldn't have put by her, so i don't know what all the ''i liked her but now i don't'' is about. Burt must either reinvent himself (cant be the shooter without a trigger finger), die or die killing Scratch. My money is on the last. My hopes are that Scratch lives, but all the cards are stacked against her at the moment... I also like to imagine ways that she could actually kill Pegs, or at least make Pegs kill her, and maybe realize that in life, you sometimes have to do things you don't like, but thats impossibleX2.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Ugh... man, that was tough to listen to. I had to go back and listen to the Samantha episode to cheer myself up a bit!

Like the rest of you, whatever sparks of sympathy I had for Scratch from the last episode have been utterly snuffed.

Listening to Burt get tortured was the worst moment for me since the series began, and I'm not keen on giving that a re-listen.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Ugh... man, that was tough to listen to. I had to go back and listen to the Samantha episode to cheer myself up a bit!

Like the rest of you, whatever sparks of sympathy I had for Scratch from the last episode have been utterly snuffed.

Listening to Burt get tortured was the worst moment for me since the series began, and I'm not keen on giving that a re-listen.

It was on par with the Lizzie almost gets raped scene (insert a glare at KC and shake my finger at him) I was mad at you for a week over that then I forgave you I don't remember why though.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Was Jenna McCombie corpsing during the scene where she smashed Shirley with the hammer?

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    I'm pretty upset that Scratch has become a cliche character, even after she had some hope of being interesting. I was hoping better for her, but she's the "token black guy" (if you will) of We're Alive now and I sincerely wished it wasn't that way. Oh well, I can skip over parts where she shows up because it's easily seen exactly what she's going to do and exactly what she'll say now. ...... I LOVE We're Alive, but two of possibly the most interesting characters have become cliche and predictable

Ok Ray, not sure if you're just trying to be contentious to get some response, or if you even believe what you just wrote, but I'm just not seeing how the Scratch torture scene with Burt suddenly makes her a cliche character.

So it's cliche for the story to have a villain? Or are torture scenes now so overdone that they bore you?

What did you want, for Scratch to be shedding tears in self-conflicting remorse even as she raised the hammer to Shirley? Or to take her clothes off and fuck Burt so as to be less predictable??

Why don't you give some examples of what would have been less 'cliche'--if you can think of any--and enlighten the rest of us with your stunning insight into characterization?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    What Ray said, lets not waste page space
    Scratch is a female italian mobster girl who cut of the balls of some guy and is fanatically trying to find and kill her brother's murderer... Maybe she's a patchwork of cliches (i don't agree, but i can see it), but not a cliche herself...
    CJ is egocentric, but so are a lot of people, and a lot of survivors. In short term, altruists die first. I don't believe she can be called weak, neither in reference to real life, nor in the story. She's well established to be the woman behind the better, more successful tower (I mean the tower as a tower,not as people living in it).
    And i think we can all say that everyone in the story is alive ONLY because this or that happened, so its not something we can lay specifically on CJ's door.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    It was on par with the Lizzie almost gets raped scene (insert a glare at KC and shake my finger at him) I was mad at you for a week over that then I forgave you I don't remember why though.
    If we had a story where everyone who was good having nothing bad happen or nearly happen to them, WA would be a terribly dull thing to listen to...

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Just look a bit up there, its not that far
    Nah, i think he's just writing ''from the heart'' as it were. Some characters you like, some characters you dont, and that changes with time and is very dependednt on your mood and all manner of other things. I think Ray's just overwhelmed still

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleWhite View Post
    If we had a story where everyone who was good having nothing bad happen or nearly happen to them, WA would be a terribly dull thing to listen to...
    True very true :P on you for being so damn logical! I don't want to be logical with this.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    I will say that this eppy and the last one are my favorite Scratch episodes.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast