User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Picc lines and vancomycin argh argh rage argh lol
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Earn my trust first.

An esoteric perspective. Masonic Secrets inside!

Being a Mason and the occultist that I am, the cover art for this series has become increasingly more appealing to me. The piece for Chapter 31 has particularly piqued my interest.

What I am about to spew is simply my interpretation of a work of art. Some of it will pertain to the podcast, most will stray a bit. Take what you like, leave the rest. The SEEDS I am going to sow here grow deep roots, as above, so below. A little research on things you might not understand will open your eyes to some amazing information. To the other students of the Divine Mysteries who are privy to this information, please feel free to expound on anything you wish. Shared Light is good Light.

At the heart of Chapter 31's cover art is creation. Life. What a beautiful thing.

It's readily apparent that the backdrop to the artwork is the ultrasound of an unborn child. As notable and significant as the baby in the picture is, so are the three rings, three rings conspicuously arranged in a geometric shape. It's the arrangement of these rings that is important; should these same three rings not intersect exactly where they do, they would not carry the same power or meaning.

This arrangement of three equal circles has many different names, meanings and purposes. Another poster has already mentioned "Borromean" Rings, and with respect to the story, amongst the many names of our three rings, this is probably the most appropriate. For those of you in the "Ringed Mafia Family" camp, the origin of this specific name may be of significance to you as it originates from the coat of arms of an aristocratic Italian family dating back centuries, the House of Borromeo.

In keeping with the Borromean connotation regarding the arrangement of the rings, their complete unity is dependent on eachother. They are linked by what is called a Brunnian link, it takes all three to keep the bond; remove one ring and the other two cease to be linked as well. In simple terms, no two are linked to eachother, but all three are linked together. This bond is found in DNA. What did a 12th century Italian family know about DNA? I wonder how this will all relate to the future developments of our "ringed family" if at all.

Another name for the three rings arranged in this fashion is the Triquetra. The Triquetra lies at the core of Sacred Geometry as Sacred Geometry is at the core of this artwork. Take a look at the art again, did you notice the hexagon that borders the rings? Hold that thought, it will come in to play soon.

Sacred Geometry in its simplest definition is the blueprint of life, the design of creation and the formula for beauty. So what does it have to do with the art? If the Sacred Geometry is continued onward from the Triquetra and equal circles are added accordingly (the way it happens in nature) a seven circle "Seed of Life" will form. The Seed of Life is the same shape of an embryo in its first hours of creation. What is the backdrop of this piece again? From the Seed of Life develops a 13 circle "Fruit of Life". The Fruit of life is the basis for Metatron's Cube, which as represented in two dimensional form, is.......wait for it........a hexagon! Now, I left lots of gaps, and VOLUMES of information out, but it's nothing you can't find on your own. If you research the concepts of Sacred Geometry, and it's link to creation, nature and life, you will find some interesting connections.

Ok, so the 3 rings and the hexagon allude to Sacred Geometry, but what the hell is that crazy abstract, upside-down snail shell, staircase, DNA helix thing? Once again, I refer to Sacred Geometry, only now, to Phi, or The Golden Ratio/Golden Mean. Phi is the blueprint for beauty, it is a proportion found in nature that creates a distinct pattern that you'll see in pine cones, sunflowers, and snail and nautilus shells. When this ratio is applied to architecture, art, or even the proportions of the human body, it tends to make things more appealing to the eye. This naturally-occurring proportion has been used since the days of the Egyptian Pyramids and medieval cathedrals to erect strong and beautiful buildings. Now, its used by PhotoShop artists to enhance the beauty of a model's face (Google the PHI Mask), to graphic designers who know the impact that a Phi proportionate logo can have on the mind of a consumer.

That's all that is coming to mind for now, maybe I'll expand on it later. If this kind of thing interests you just research some of the key subjects I've touched on, there is a wealth of information out there. If you really want to have your mind blown, do a little research on chaos magic and how those in the know use Phi/Sacred Geometry in Sigils to create chaos magic. I wouldn't be surprised if the artist who is creating these works is familiar with these concepts.

FYI: The topics I've written about just now (Sacred Geometry, Seed/Flower/Tree/Fruit of Life, Metatron's Cube, Phi) are some of the "secrets" we, the Freemasons, were "hiding" for centuries. During the age of enlightenment many of these connections were first being made. Connections rediscovered, that had been already been put to use by the sages and adepts of ancient civilizations.

If you have any questions or would like to know more, just let me know.
    Last edited by GeOsiris; Jul 18th, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Likes Storm liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Thanks for the insight.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GeOsiris View Post
    Being a Mason and the occultist that I am, the cover art for this series has become increasingly more appealing to me. The piece for Chapter 31 has particularly piqued my interest.
    A mason huh? Ever heard of Masonic Village in Lancaster PA?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSights View Post
    A mason huh? Ever heard of Masonic Village in Lancaster PA?
    Yes, we have something similar in Florida. They are retirement homes typically for Masons and their wives or widows and are totally funded my Masonic charity.

Our Masonic Home in Florida is rated 5 stars.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran

What I am about to spew is simply my interpretation of a work of art. Some of it will pertain to the podcast, most will stray a bit. Take what you like, leave the rest. The SEEDS I am going to sow here grow deep roots, as above, so below. A little research on things you might not understand will open your eyes to some amazing information. To the other students of the Divine Mysteries who are privy to this information, please feel free to expound on anything you wish. Shared Light is good Light.

At the heart of Chapter 31's cover art is creation. Life. What a beautiful thing.

It's readily apparent that the backdrop to the artwork is the ultrasound of an unborn child. As notable and significant as the baby in the picture is, so are the three rings, three rings conspicuously arranged in a geometric shape. It's the arrangement of these rings that is important; should these same three rings not intersect exactly where they do, they would not carry the same power or meaning.

This arrangement of three equal circles has many different names, meanings and purposes. Another poster has already mentioned "Borromean" Rings, and with respect to the story, amongst the many names of our three rings, this is probably the most appropriate. For those of you in the "Ringed Mafia Family" camp, the origin of this specific name may be of significance to you as it originates from the coat of arms of an aristocratic Italian family dating back centuries, the House of Borromeo.

In keeping with the Borromean connotation regarding the arrangement of the rings, their complete unity is dependent on eachother. They are linked by what is called a Brunnian link, it takes all three to keep the bond; remove one ring and the other two cease to be linked as well. In simple terms, no two are linked to eachother, but all three are linked together. This bond is found in DNA. What did a 12th century Italian family know about DNA? I wonder how this will all relate to the future developments of our "ringed family" if at all.

Another name for the three rings arranged in this fashion is the Triquetra. The Triquetra lies at the core of Sacred Geometry as Sacred Geometry is at the core of this artwork. Take a look at the art again, did you notice the hexagon that borders the rings? Hold that thought, it will come in to play soon.

Sacred Geometry in its simplest definition is the blueprint of life, the design of creation and the formula for beauty. So what does it have to do with the art? If the Sacred Geometry is continued onward from the Triquetra and equal circles are added accordingly (the way it happens in nature) a seven circle "Seed of Life" will form. The Seed of Life is the same shape of an embryo in its first hours of creation. What is the backdrop of this piece again? From the Seed of Life develops a 13 circle "Fruit of Life". The Fruit of life is the basis for Metatron's Cube, which as represented in two dimensional form, is.......wait for it........a hexagon! Now, I left lots of gaps, and VOLUMES of information out, but it's nothing you can't find on your own. If you research the concepts of Sacred Geometry, and it's link to creation, nature and life, you will find some interesting connections.

Ok, so the 3 rings and the hexagon allude to Sacred Geometry, but what the hell is that crazy abstract, upside-down snail shell, staircase, DNA helix thing? Once again, I refer to Sacred Geometry, only now, to Phi, or The Golden Ratio/Golden Mean. Phi is the blueprint for beauty, it is a proportion found in nature that creates a distinct pattern that you'll see in pine cones, sunflowers, and snail and nautilus shells. When this ratio is applied to architecture, art, or even the proportions of the human body, it tends to make things more appealing to the eye. This naturally-occurring proportion has been used since the days of the Egyptian Pyramids and medieval cathedrals to erect strong and beautiful buildings. Now, its used by PhotoShop artists to enhance the beauty of a model's face (Google the PHI Mask), to graphic designers who know the impact that a Phi proportionate logo can have on the mind of a consumer.

That's all that is coming to mind for now, maybe I'll expand on it later. If this kind of thing interests you just research some of the key subjects I've touched on, there is a wealth of information out there. If you really want to have your mind blown, do a little research on chaos magic and how those in the know use Phi/Sacred Geometry in Sigils to create chaos magic. I wouldn't be surprised if the artist who is creating these works is familiar with these concepts.

FYI: The topics I've written about just now (Sacred Geometry, Seed/Flower/Tree/Fruit of Life, Metatron's Cube, Phi) are some of the "secrets" we, the Freemasons, were "hiding" for centuries. During the age of enlightenment many of these connections were first being made. Connections rediscovered, that had been already been put to use by the sages and adepts of ancient civilizations.

If you have any questions or would like to know more, just let me know.
    TLDR. I kid of course.
    While the brunian link is found in DNA I believe it is only in single stranded chunks of a length of six neucleotides?
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/6002xul4rt281543/

Tbh it seems we're playing the wikipedia game here. From DNA to ring? Might have been easier to DNA Plasmid ring tbh.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    TLDR. I kid of course.
    While the brunian link is found in DNA I believe it is only in single stranded chunks of a length of six neucleotides?
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/6002xul4rt281543/
    Tbh it seems we're playing the wikipedia game here. From DNA to ring? Might have been easier to DNA Plasmid ring tbh.
    Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about. Wikipedia game? My mention of the Brunnean rings in DNA was to bridge the OPs post to mine regarding Sacred Geometry as both are building blocks and if you look closely you'll see that the snail shape encasing the rings and hexagon have a double helix included in them.

BTW, you entirely missed the point of my post.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wikipedia game. Someone picks two articles and you have to get between them in 5-6 clicks using related articles. Eg, the ring has a specific type of link, a link which is apparently seen in DNA. You know what else can be made with DNA? Pretty much any weird combination you choose. They are not as flexible as amino acids for forming complex structures but still. And then you link the questionable DNA strand (no pun intended) back to the twelf century italians. No offense but in my humble opinion your looking WAY to far into it. What your saying may well be true but the way your putting it together using a lot of assumptions and coincidence. My reckoning? Kc looked up some old, influential italian families and stole a crest. I honestly don't think Kc is going to go back and link the italian family to the source of "them" because at that point why not just make them templars as well? You may have a point with the phi bit although in nature it is more to do with development in which for some reason the fibonacci sequence is often found. My criticism of the post was hidden in a reference you didn't get so in fact sir it is you whom failed to understand my post. I mean none of this in anyway to be offensive, so don't sound so hurt.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Wikipedia game. Someone picks two articles and you have to get between them in 5-6 clicks using related articles. Eg, the ring has a specific type of link, a link which is apparently seen in DNA. You know what else can be made with DNA? Pretty much any weird combination you choose. They are not as flexible as amino acids for forming complex structures but still. And then you link the questionable DNA strand (no pun intended) back to the twelf century italians. No offense but in my humble opinion your looking WAY to far into it. What your saying may well be true but the way your putting it together using a lot of assumptions and coincidence. My reckoning? Kc looked up some old, influential italian families and stole a crest. I honestly don't think Kc is going to go back and link the italian family to the source of "them" because at that point why not just make them templars as well? You may have a point with the phi bit although in nature it is more to do with development in which for some reason the fibonacci sequence is often found. My criticism of the post was hidden in a reference you didn't get so in fact sir it is you whom failed to understand my post. I mean none of this in anyway to be offensive, so don't sound so hurt.

Yeah, you're still not getting the point, but that's OK. I'll connect the dots for you.

What I was alluding to in mentioning the Italian family crest is that if you study the symbols of history and ancient civilizations, e.g. an old family crest, you will notice recurring themes of Sacred Geometry. Patterns and symbols that are found from the sub atomic to the macro cosmic. Our ancestors didn't have microscopes, telescopes or computers so it is safe to say that they were in tune with nature and understood the divine relations and proportions. If you study the classically trained artists of the renaissance, their work was either drawn in root 2,3,4 or 5 rectangles, using the proportions of Phi to trigger the "beauty response" of the human eye. This is very advanced science for that time.

You latched on to my comment about DNA, which was the most insignificant of the post, and only being used to draw a parallel, and the true meaning of my message was lost on you.

I am reminded of a line of scripture with this exchange.

"Do not cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot."
    Matthew 7:6

Take care.
    Last edited by GeOsiris; Jul 24th, 2012 at 10:08 AM.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Yeah, you're still not getting the point, but that's OK. I'll connect the dots for you.

What I was alluding to in mentioning the Italian family crest is that if you study the symbols of history and ancient civilizations, e.g. an old family crest, you will notice recurring themes of Sacred Geometry. Patterns and symbols that are found from the sub atomic to the macro cosmic. Our ancestors didn't have microscopes, telescopes or computers so it is safe to say that they were in tune with nature and understood the divine relations and proportions. If you study the classically trained artists of the renaissance, their work was either drawn in root 2,3,4 or 5 rectangles, using the proportions of Phi to trigger the "beauty response" of the human eye. This is very advanced science for that time.

You latched on to my comment about DNA, which was the most insignificant of the post, and only being used to draw a parallel, and the true meaning of my message was lost on you.

I am reminded of a line of scripture with this exchange.

"Do not cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot."
    Matthew 7:6

Take care.
    I actually did get that. But my point is as follows.
    All you say about phi and rennesisance art may be true but the relevance is not their other than that the ring portrays it.
    But what is the implications for WA? Surely you don't believe that Kc will go all Dan Brown on us?
    I sincerely belive your being over analytical here. I very much doubt that Scratches "Family" is linked to the biters.
    If they were would Scratch not know a little more about them?
    Seriously I understand what your saying (although I had to reread your original post several time as it rambles a little), it just doesn't really have releveance to the story.

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."
    Matthew 7:5

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast