omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    Bing is not complete rubbish. They've given me over 30 bucks in Microsoft Points because of their Bing Rewards. (I could've gone with the Amazon gift cards, but I like my Xbox.)
    i think we're are the only ones who still LIKE m.s. stuff
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    i think we're are the only ones who still LIKE m.s. stuff
    haha, my friends say that MS should've supported the Zune as much I have. I don't think they were kidding.

But as long as MS gives me money for searches, I'll keep using it.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

same search on bing gave me primarily celtic rings stuff(yea,bings rubbish blah blah) my opinion is simply this; this is an audiodrama, i get that we could feasibly gleam some small bits of generalized info from the artwork. i just cant help but cringe at the idea of another thread full of inks-tattoo's-esque theories. we were shown the ring, given an idea of yes this is a crime family, told its been around a long while, and there may be more to it than what we are seeing on the surface.....but we dont know that yet. those are details best left for the podcast, not gleamed from internet searches. ive done more than my fair share of googling the shit out of info for this podcast, and trust me...until kc wants us to know things..we dont. least when it comes to this sort of thing.

wow, look at me being rational...weird.
    We are given no evidence that these are crime families, save Scratch's mention of "the other family's enforcers." That notion comes from our exposure to American Mafia use of the term Families to describe their sindicate organizations. This is an example of reading more into a facet of a story than what we are given. Yet if an object is described as, say, an axe attatched to a bundle of sticks there is a very strong possiblity that a fasces has been described. Describe a flower with three leafs, a tall straight leaf in the center and two leafs bending downward on the sides then there is a very strong possibility that a fleur-de-lis has been described. What about a cross with all four arms bent clockwise? You get the picture.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Jul 4th, 2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    We are given no evidence that these are crime families, save Scratch's mention of "the other family's enforcers." That notion comes from our exposure to American Mafia use of the term Families to describe their sindicate organizations. This is an example of reading more into a facet of a story than what we are given. Yet if an object is described as, say, an axe attatched to a bundle of sticks there is a very strong possiblity that a fasces has been described. Describe a flower with three leafs, a tall straight leaf in the center and two leafs bending downward on the sides then there is a very strong possibility that a fleur-de-lis has been described. What about a cross with all four arms bent clockwise? You get the picture.
    As "the families and enforcers are classic references to the mob I going to go with that as what it is ....kc doesn't screw around ever in his writing that I've yet seen. If a character is dead he's dead if a family has enforcers you can be assured that they don't deal in girl scout cookies and hugs
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Hmm...guess I haven't been listening to the same podcast then. Cause I could have sworn durai was in prison, as was latch...covering for a crime scratch committed. And they are still surrounding themselves with prisoners...and we have heard discussion of rings, family, protecting their own, etc...hmm...yea, sure does sound like something other than a crime family to me..id love nothing more than to be wrong, that would be incredibly interesting...but sadly..a spade is sometimes ...a spade
    KAW

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Or a train going threw a tunnel is just a train going threw a tunnel
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Or a champagne bottle popping its cork...is just a champagne bottle, popping its cork.
    KAW

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Sometime a sucker between your lips is just a sucker between your lips

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

*Sigh* Mafia crime syndicates are called 'families' regardless of the geneological connections of its members. It doesn't mean that they are kin. You aren't born into the organization. Besides, no female Mafiosos in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    As "the families and enforcers are classic references to the mob I going to go with that as what it is ....kc doesn't screw around ever in his writing that I've yet seen. If a character is dead he's dead if a family has enforcers you can be assured that they don't deal in girl scout cookies and hugs
    And if a woman loses hope she doesn't mean a daughter named Hope, or a man wanting to save his girl isn't actually talking about his dog (maybe if he said he had to go back and get his bitch...Nah, then we'd think her were just a douchebag.) or if a half naked crazy man says that the worst zombie is a colored zombie then he's only being a racist or that feeding a man to the sisters means turning him into chopped liver and giving him to May-Kay and Ashley for lunch. I'm under the impression that KC does some research before writing in order to create an as believable as possible story. (Even one about zombies) He put more than a cursory thought into Saul's medication or the needs of Kalani if he is to fly an airplane or helicopter as a means of escape. Think he'd just stop now?

Hmm...guess I haven't been listening to the same podcast then. Cause I could have sworn durai was in prison, as was latch...covering for a crime scratch committed. And they are still surrounding themselves with prisoners...and we have heard discussion of rings, family, protecting their own, etc...hmm...yea, sure does sound like something other than a crime family to me..id love nothing more than to be wrong, that would be incredibly interesting...but sadly..a spade is sometimes ...a spade

Nope, we're all listening to the same podcast. There would be no need or desire for a forum if we all got the same thing from the story. "Say, what did you think of Chapter X?", "I thought it was KC's best work ever!","Me too." And, yep, mobsters do go to prison. Of course, who else are they going to surround them selves with after escaping prison in the middle of Z-day? "Hey guys, we're free! I'm goin home.", "Me too. Oh shit! ZOMBIES!! Yo, call me when you make it home safely!", "OK, will do. TTFN."
    But hey, we're beating an Undead horse, here. As I asked at the begining, Clues or Red Herrings? I see that I failed to include another option... Tin Foil Hat. I agree, the Tin Foil Hat is a legitimate option. But keep in mind, this story is crawling with mysteries, clues and deceptions.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Jul 5th, 2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Added a link
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Thank you sir, its a stretch...my opinion on that is quite obvious...but I applaud your enthusiasm without a doubt.
    KAW

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast