User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Hrm. Now think about it, doesn't the slavish devotion to code and her dead brother kinda put away the idea that Scratch being a psychopath/sociopath?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    i don't respect criminals and thugs.
    Not to imply that crime is good in any way, but allow me to indulge my Scratch fanishness in the following rant:
    It is, as we can imagine, hard for women in the crime world. For scratch in particular, it meant dealing with rape, pregnancy and abortion at the far-from-ripe age of 16, and thats just what we know for certain about her. The whole situation is made harder by the fact that ist not something she chose, she was obviously born into The Family. In the present situation, we know she can handle a crew of convicts, not an easy feat for any man, and she is no man.
    On the softer side, i may remind you that the reason Lizzie remains un-raped, un-worked to death and un-tortured for information is because of Scratch?
    So, i personally don't think i would have been able to grow up where she did, and even if i did, i probably wouldn't have been able to give to shits about anyone else at that point.
    And i believe that everyone that achieves something extraordinary should be respected, if not loved or liked. If nothing else, if you fail to see the capacity of your enemies, that would lessen your chances against them, right?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Re: PuddleWhite:

The big question, I think everyone will agree, is /why/. She has absolutely no reason to treat Lizzie humanely other then pregger, and, eh, I don't know. She might just have a soft spot for kids.... well, unless you consider Hannah a kid. Kinda blows that idea away. And she's not only showing Lizzie's unborn son compassion, but seemed to nit be awful to Lizzie, either. And she's creepy and/or awful to /everyone/. So... Why! Damn you, Kc!

Hrm.... And with Burt, maybe she wanted to make sure Pegs killed her brother? Maybe to make sure Angel was really Angel? I've got a feeling he's gonna be an important topic at least once in the chapter.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Oh damn! Awesome episode [like always]

Ah shit Scratch has a soul and feelings?!
    Osiris will never let me hear the end of this.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    This episode furthers my thought that Saul will be caught somewhere in December, or go somewhere where they want his information.
    "But let me go back...to November 27th."

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Onto bigger and better things: Glenn is the new Datu. I bet the thing he was going to say before he was given the Michael Cold Shoulder Treatment from Cj was he could fix the phone. If Datu can fix a shot to shit helicopter, it stands to reason that Glenn can make a sat phone that's broken in half work.

Prince Glenn the Handy. That is all!
    I stand corrected, Sir. You called it
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Well, if we suppose that Scratch was a nice person turned bad by circumstances, the answer is obvious- she cant just turn off her shield, her facade for the world, that would jeopardize her position. So Lizzie is her vicarious window into what she really wants, the dream of meeting someone wonderful, falling in love and making a family with. Instead she is born into a dysfunctional crime family where she is raped, and later loses the ability to have a child of her own, forever.
    If we suppose thats true (quite a stretch, i admit), her choice of an abortion is quite brave - if she was goig to have a child, it was going to be on her own terms, and not anyone elses.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Wow..... just.... wow. This was probably one of my most favorite episodes so far.

First of all, before I go with my Lit-Treatise and try to dissect the details and make hypothesis about there the story is going, I want to step back a bit an just appreciate what is being done here.

To Kc and the Cast: (the entire cast, including Grayson, the actors, and even the music people)

I've never been much of a horror fan and am not really into zombies, per se. When I first discovered We're Alive over a year ago, I thought the zombiepocalypse situation was somewhat interesting, but it would have fallen flat and dissolved into trivia and gimmicks long ago had I not been carried along into this story by the quality of the writing and of the production overall.

This story succeeds where a lot of Hollywood blockbusters fail because it is strong where they are weak: the plot is intricate and layered, the pacing is balanced and not over-reliant on superficial chase scenes and special effects, the characters are varied and nuanced and are drawn with real complexity and emotional depth, and it is all brought together and carried forth with an uncompromisingly high production quality, tasteful effects, and very competent, believable, and compelling acting. I just wanted to offer my biggest thanks and sincerest appreciation to the entire crew of We're Alive for putting together such a quality artistic product so consistently over the past several years. Not only that, but this podcast has probably done more to resurrect the dead-art of radio drama--and even surpass its previous achievements--than any other audio drama in the history of the medium.

I'm trying not to make this sound cheesy or stupidly fawning, but I can honestly say that I've gotten more entertainment value and overall satisfaction from We're Alive over the course of the past year than all the other movies, TV shows, books, podcasts, and radio shows put together; that is really an amazing achievement that I had no idea I was going to experience when I first stumbled across WA on iTunes early last summer.

I've decided to purchase the complete Season 1 and 2, (and 3 when it comes out) even though I've already listened to them many times, because this is exactly the kind of art I want to support. Even after this series is over, I get the feeling that I'll be following the name Kc Wayland on the internet for quite some time to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post

p.s. And to anyone who wants to bitch about nothing happening....

Screw you.
    You're dumb.
    You wouldn't know good art if it bit you in the ass.
    Grow up.
    Move out of your mom's basement.
    Start learning how to appreciate something slightly more subtle than blood splatters, explosions, and car chases.

[/rant]
    Yeah, what ^ he said. Ditto that.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Don't say that. It may or may not be true, but its not constructive. If you call a troll a troll, you've called him a name, you haven't solved anything. People come here expecting a tv show, and the right way to appease them is not to call them stupid, but to show them that it isn't, and it cant be, and that its good partially because it isn't. I don't believe they are dumb, or don't know art, or are immature. They just don't know how to look at it properly.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Did y'all catch that ominous pause after Lizzy says, "I don't even know what I'm looking at. I mean, what is that?" Before Lizzy catches Scratch crying, she asks Scratch, "What's wrong? What do you see?"
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast