User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Moderator and Content Help...

Are you interested in writing articles or blogs on the forum? The blog is a little different than the normal forum and allows for some really cool features. If you're interested, just let me know-

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I think it would be useful to add some details, before people decide to reply.

Some things that someone might want to know are how regularly the blog should be updated, how closely related the content should be to the podcast (is it 100% about We're Alive, or are the writers allowed to discuss some related shows or topics as well) and what your expectations are in general.

Just my $0.02

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    I'd love to help, in any way I can, I've been mods on a few other websites, and I got some cool blog ideas.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    I think it would be useful to add some details, before people decide to reply.

Some things that someone might want to know are how regularly the blog should be updated, how closely related the content should be to the podcast (is it 100% about We're Alive, or are the writers allowed to discuss some related shows or topics as well) and what your expectations are in general.

Just my $0.02
    That's a good point. I'd say that it'd have to have some tie-in with We're Alive or subsequent content. If someone were to write an article about Walking Dead, I wouldn't mind, or if there's some new Zombie related genre, or other audio dramas, just has some tie to WA in some way. If someone were to write an aritcle about the steelers, that's another thing.

Those parameters and pertaining to Articles on the front page. Blogs on the other hand, just need to be yours and not offensive (language etc)
    If you want to blog about the Steelers, that would be ok.

Does that work?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I've been thinking about a zombie theme blog lately, like going through and different media (movies, music, tv shows, podcasts, art, fiction...) and doing reviews and things.

Doing it on zombiepodcast.com would bring some traffic to WA if said blog gets some traffic from off forum? Thoughts?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I myself wouldn't have a clue what to write about, so updates wouldn't be very frequently. Maybe if I get some inspiration I'd give it a shot, but for now I don't think I can live up to any expectations.

Still, I think these additional details will help other people decide if they'd like to help you out.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I'd love to help write reviews, blogs or anything you need. I've been an admin/moderator on numerous forums for mostly games and such but I do have experience.

If you'd like some help, I'd be more then happy to volunteer some of my time.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:

I know this might sound really stupid but how do tell if someone's a Moderator?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    On most forums, you'll see it because they have a differently coloured name, or because they have a title saying so.
    However, neither of those seem to be the case here just yet.
    Obviously, Kc and Wicked Sid are hard to miss ("Writer / Director" and "Community Manager"), but I think that'll come when everything is configured properly

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    On most forums, you'll see it because they have a differently coloured name, or because they have a title saying so.
    However, neither of those seem to be the case here just yet.
    Obviously, Kc and Wicked Sid are hard to miss ("Writer / Director" and "Community Manager"), but I think that'll come when everything is configured properly
    Yeah That's why I asked, I'm used to different colors and what not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast