User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on CJ

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by FelixTheLastJumper View Post
    Start it up man! I'd throw my lot in!
    Idea thread for the Scratch pool is up: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3872

Help me out with some ideas.... :-)
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Ran across this little beauty today and thought of CJ:

It's called "The Apokatana" and is made by Zombie Tools. They have a pretty cool selection of blades over there.

Anyway, to give you an idea of what CJ might have been able to accomplish, check out this vid of the Apokatana in action (skip to the 2:46 mark to see the really good stuff...)

(No beer was harmed in the making of this video - I think)

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: Darkpa55enger42
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post

It's called "The Apokatana" and is made by Zombie Tools. They have a pretty cool selection of blades over there.

Anyway, to give you an idea of what CJ might have been able to accomplish, check out this vid of the Apokatana in action (skip to the 2:46 mark to see the really good stuff...)

It was Pabst, so you're right. No Beer was harmed in the making of this video.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I would like to bring back the CJ as prior military angle. Did anyone else catch how she responded to Bixby(?) calling her ma'am by saying, "It's C.J., not ma'am?" Sort of reminded me of Michael's, "Don't call me sir. I work for a living." I hear that same comment from EVERY enlisted person I know, when called 'sir' or 'ma'am.'
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I would like to bring back the CJ as prior military angle. Did anyone else catch how she responded to Bixby(?) calling her ma'am by saying, "It's C.J., not ma'am?" Sort of reminded me of Michael's, "Don't call me sir. I work for a living." I hear that same comment from EVERY enlisted person I know, when called 'sir' or 'ma'am.'
    I thought that at first too (lots of work with current and prior enlisted in my past). But then I recall how all of my friends/in-laws from the Northeastern and West coast US react to the Southern tradition of putting ma'am and sir into conversation (for politeness and respect). A lot of them think I'm calling them old (or at least they did until they got used to me saying it) when I say it and they try to correct me kinda like CJ in that exchange.

There is just something about CJ that leans me away from the prior military angle. Hard to put my finger on it at the moment...

"Lurker"

Status
    Bossy Asian women who has the hots for sol. Also has trust issues

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: Laced Soul
    Ok, she might be bossy but if you think about it - everyone leaned on her from her original group, right?

That tends to make someone bossy. If you need everyone pulling their weight...and someone doesn't cause they're just plain lazy, you gotta get a little tough.

I think that scbubbe is right, she wasn't military - at least that's not the impression I get. Perhaps the SWAT theory is correct. She's obviously is a good planner (and i imagine that not even SWAT can execute even the best laid plans rigth after Z Day). Although the intelligent, forward thinking, tough part of her might just be because shes an awesome Chinese girl.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I still totaly think she is military. Either a counterpart to Michael or to Angel, but leaning more towards Angel. I think she was an officer, thus her excellent planning ability while her execution we all know is lacking. It's an NCO's job to execute. Season 4 we'll see the excellent planning ability of CJ coupled with Michael's ability to get the job done. I think her saying "it's CJ, not ma'am" is just her getting on from the past and moving forward and not wanting to be treated 'special' but for what she brings to the table.

"Lurker"

Status
    Wow. In most of the Asian households or even on the streets or at work, I have seen the WOMAN be the boss. I have met some Asian bully husbands but from everything I have seen, this is just a stereotype. Mainly, the "bullies" have been from the older generations...but most of the men 50 and under seem to have the wife as the boss.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post

All I saw was the picture of the sword and holy shit I want one.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast