User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on CJ

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    All I saw was the picture of the sword and holy shit I want one.
    I know, right?!?! Did you check out the other "tools" they offer for helping to survive Z-Day? I'll take one of each please...

Especially this one:

Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I know, right?!?! Did you check out the other "tools" they offer for helping to survive Z-Day? I'll take one of each please...

Especially this one:

Sweet baby Jesus, where can I get five of these!?
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Sweet baby Jesus, where can I get five of these!?
    Right here: http://zombietools.net/tools/

But you're gonna have to wait a bit... They seem to have a backlog on orders right now.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Right here: http://zombietools.net/tools/

But you're gonna have to wait a bit... They seem to have a backlog on orders right now.
    They certainly have some interesting looking "tools." I'm curious what grade of steel they use for their swords. I could be looking for a new sword . . .
    joint-point-counter-joint

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    They certainly have some interesting looking "tools." I'm curious what grade of steel they use for their swords. I could be looking for a new sword . . .
    From their FAQ:

Do you guys actually make these blades?
    Yup, we do everything in our shop in Missoula, Montana using American made steel and aluminum. Here’s our basic process:

1) We cut the basic sword shape out of bars of quality 5160 spring steel. 5160 is one of the best steels to use for longer blades like ours as it is more durable and less prone to breakage than other steels (like cheap stainless).

2) For some of our blade models, we will then heat and hammer the blade into shape.

3) We grind the blade to within 20% of its final edge, and give the blade its “distal taper,” the gradual reduction of blade material from its handle to its point, which reduces weight and gives it its balance.

4) We then heat the blade to just above 1500 degrees and quench it in oil. This hardens the blade. We then put the blades in a tempering kiln to take them back up to around 450 degrees, which tempers it, or returns flexibility to the blade. The blade is then cleaned and polished.

5) Next, we cut our basic handle shapes from T6 aluminum, we attach the handle with steel pins, and then sculpt the handle to its final shape using grinders and files.

6) Finally, the blade is spattered with a beeswax/tar concoction and painted with ferric chloride acid which etches a pattern into the blade.
    Last edited by scbubba; Feb 18th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.

"Lurker"

Status
    And perhaps Saul reminds CJ of what this other SWAT member was like. I imagine Saul to be pretty brave, I think KC has revealed that to us many times. He's totally SWAT material right?

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    This is my personal thinking as to why with almost 99.99% certainty that CJ was not SWAT.
    Samantha had mentioned in conversation that as they had lost some of their best guys in the ambush, that “one of them was even SWAT”. Now if that were the case then we would know for sure that CJ was also SWAT. Being SWAT members, they would have known each other, or at least the male would have known about CJ. A female making SWAT is pretty rare and wouldn’t go unnoticed. It would have been plain to see for all that they knew each other, unless the SWAT guy promised not to say anything, but that doesn’t make much sense either. She may have the tactical skills found in a SWAT officer but I think CJ had no previous affiliation with anyone else in her tower, and that would include SWAT.
    Likes Osiris liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    This is my personal thinking as to why with almost 99.99% certainty that CJ was not SWAT.
    Samantha had mentioned in conversation that as they had lost some of their best guys in the ambush, that “one of them was even SWAT”. Now if that were the case then we would know for sure that CJ was also SWAT. Being SWAT members, they would have known each other, or at least the male would have known about CJ. A female making SWAT is pretty rare and wouldn’t go unnoticed. It would have been plain to see for all that they knew each other, unless the SWAT guy promised not to say anything, but that doesn’t make much sense either. She may have the tactical skills found in a SWAT officer but I think CJ had no previous affiliation with anyone else in her tower, and that would include SWAT.
    I'm pretty sure CJ wasn't SWAT also. I get the feeling she is pretty young and if she were SWAT she would most likely be an "operator". This would require her to have a lot of experience in training in a shoot house. This training necessarily involves instruction and application of both single and team room clearing technique/procedure. As we found out at he Colony, CJ hasn't had any instruction/training in room clearing (poor red shirt girl...)

So, going with that line of thinking, I'm gonna say she's not SWAT. Or if she is, then she must have just gotten the job.

My best guess would be that she had a desk/planning job with LA police or a federal agency. This explains how she might be connected to some SWAT folks and how she would know where to get the crap ton of tactical and prep gear she has.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    When the Dunbar Tower fell, I had a theory that CJ was in law enforcement and had a hand in putting Bill Roberts/Pinstripe away. When Pinstripe realized that it was CJ he decided to leave her alone after clearing out her tower, like leaving her in her own prison. You know as some sort of revenge. And she did lock herself away in DT, almost like a prison.
    It also seems kind of weird that there have been no more attacks at the DT. Pinstripe knows there is at least one survivor. Why not set a trap for CJ or go in for another attack a couple of days later?
    I like that angle. Man. That would be some stuff. But if that is true, why didn't she recognize him. A guy with a face full of tattoos tends to stay with you.

As an aside. Who do you think CJ will hook up with in Season 4? Saul and Blondie are reunited, so who are we looking at as an eligible bachelor? Probably Robbins, Carl, or Muldoon. I think Puck and Riley are going to end up knocking boots.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kdalton View Post
    I like that angle. Man. That would be some stuff. But if that is true, why didn't she recognize him. A guy with a face full of tattoos tends to stay with you.

As an aside. Who do you think CJ will hook up with in Season 4? Saul and Blondie are reunited, so who are we looking at as an eligible bachelor? Probably Robbins, Carl, or Muldoon. I think Puck and Riley are going to end up knocking boots.
    Let me correct that last part. I just listened to the last bit of Chapter 36. Riley is gay, or at least bisexual and had a thing for Lizzy.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast