User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on CJ

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Saul Thoughts on CJ

So I've been relistening to early Season 3 and I had some new thoughts on CJ I wanted to share and see if anyone else has come to the same conclusions or if this has been previously discussed.

CJ is SWAT
    During Kalani's journal reading Samantha talking to Kalani mentions that the ambush on the convey had their best men, one of them was SWAT. It makes sense, CJ is crazy meticulous with planning and all forms of combat.

Why CJ is attracted to Saul
    If CJ is SWAT then chances are she was close with the other SWAT member that died during the ambush. Perhaps this other SWAT members was a romantic interest? Good friend? And perhaps Saul reminds CJ of what this other SWAT member was like. I imagine Saul to be pretty brave, I think KC has revealed that to us many times. He's totally SWAT material right?

OK, your thoughts? Or am I just over thinking this? lol

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The only question I'd ask you is if she was romantically involved with a SWAT member on that team, why would she have been lovey dovey and kissy smoochey with Sean? Sean was the original love interest. If she had been into a member of that team that was ambushed, I'd imagine she'd still be torn up and unable to express her emotions very clearly.

Lizzy is the perfect example right after we met her. She was a wreck (from what we're told) for two days after her arrival and Todd's departure from the mortal coil.

I do believe I could stipulate to the rest of your statement though. It would explain why her planning is so rock solid....though not the poor execution. SWAT is usually pretty damn good at both.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Achievements:
    Have we confirmed Sean was the love interest? I always thought his voice sounded much more fatherly or something.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    So I've been relistening to early Season 3 and I had some new thoughts on CJ I wanted to share and see if anyone else has come to the same conclusions or if this has been previously discussed.

CJ is SWAT
    During Kalani's journal reading Samantha talking to Kalani mentions that the ambush on the convey had their best men, one of them was SWAT. It makes sense, CJ is crazy meticulous with planning and all forms of combat.

Why CJ is attracted to Saul
    If CJ is SWAT then chances are she was close with the other SWAT member that died during the ambush. Perhaps this other SWAT members was a romantic interest? Good friend? And perhaps Saul reminds CJ of what this other SWAT member was like. I imagine Saul to be pretty brave, I think KC has revealed that to us many times. He's totally SWAT material right?

OK, your thoughts? Or am I just over thinking this? lol
    I like your theory, but why focus on the un-named SWAT member who was lost with the convoy when you have Sean right at hand. We've seen that CJ and Sean were close, with the hint of intimacy between them. And Sean could just have easily been SWAT too. That would certainly explain why Marcus wanted him for his second-in-command at the Colony.

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I like your theory, but why focus on the un-named SWAT member who was lost with the convoy when you have Sean right at hand. We've seen that CJ and Sean were close, with the hint of intimacy between them. And Sean could just have easily been SWAT too. That would certainly explain why Marcus wanted him for his second-in-command at the Colony.
    Valid points. But really... don't you think Sean was a little more fatherly to her? His voice sounded so experienced and calm too. CJ is fairly young isn't she? In her late 20s? Early 30s?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    Valid points. But really... don't you think Sean was a little more fatherly to her? His voice sounded so experienced and calm too. CJ is fairly young isn't she? In her late 20s? Early 30s?
    Hard to say. I guess time will tell.

"Lurker"

Status
    I think she likes Saul and since Lizzie is alive and he knows it, she is jealous. The tenant comment was meant to hit him as she may now be hurt by him wanting Lizzie.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: Stuvius
    I agree with Nik. CJ seems very skilled at administration and planning, but weak on execution. To my way of thinking this speaks to a lack of field experience. I believe this is why she needed Sean. Whether their group was SWAT, LAPD or Correction Officers from the prison, I think CJ needed Sean as a leader on the ground while she handled the big picture admin from Dunbar.

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stuv View Post
    I agree with Nik. CJ seems very skilled at administration and planning, but weak on execution. To my way of thinking this speaks to a lack of field experience. I believe this is why she needed Sean. Whether their group was SWAT, LAPD or Correction Officers from the prison, I think CJ needed Sean as a leader on the ground while she handled the big picture admin from Dunbar.
    Thumbs up

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuv View Post
    This seems applicable as well but...

Just because CJ is 'incredibly' talented at planning doesn't mean she is weak on execution. Her ability to execute the best laid plans might dwindle in comparison to her uncanny planning abilities but that doesn't mean that she can't handle herself decently. I don't imagine every SWAT member is great at every skill. I'm sure on SWAT operations there is still some skilled planner behind the scenes directing the show. CJ is quite comfortable with weapons and combat, she was going to kill Saul but Victor saved him. Yes, she lured out Saul! That's a female tricking and kicking Sauls highly trained military butt. Not that I'm trying to be sexist, but "this Asian chick" just kicked your ass. Not only did someone out smart, and out combat Saul, it was a girl who is much smaller than him. Poor at executing? Lack of experience? I dunno personally.

CJ definitely needed Sean, but she also needed Kalani. Rogue elements don't seem to favour well in this Zombie story, the exception of course being Skittles. Teams and tribes always fair better in disaster moments so CJ needed a lot of people, that still doesn't seem like a logical argument against her being SWAT.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast